Engine with heat recovery

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
robin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Engine with heat recovery

by robin » 08/12/08, 09:03

Who would be able to give me an order of magnitude of the exploitable energy that we could recover from the heat of a car left in direct sunlight in summer at 30 ° for example (by doubling the sheet of a cooling circuit by example)? thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/08, 09:34

If it is to advance it: really not much ...

For the order of magnitude here is an approach:

a) solar radiation = 1000W / m² = if you recover 100% 1kWh thermal per hour and per m²

b) however, it is impossible to recover 100% of the energy, it is above all the storage that poses the problem. If you get 40% all inclusive (sensor yield + storage yield) that will be fine. So let's say that you can recover and exploit a thermal energy of 0.4 kWh / h.m²

c) It takes roughly 0.2 to 0.3 kWh mechanical to make 1 km with an average car.

d) Assuming (ideally) an engine efficiency of 50%, each m² of "sensor" will therefore provide you with the energy necessary for an hour to cover only 1 km ...
0 x
robin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by robin » 08/12/08, 09:48

Christophe wrote:If it is to advance it: really not much ...

For the order of magnitude here is an approach:

a) solar radiation = 1000W / m² = if you recover 100% 1kWh thermal per hour and per m²

b) however, it is impossible to recover 100% of the energy, it is above all the storage that poses the problem. If you get 40% all inclusive (sensor yield + storage yield) that will be fine. So let's say that you can recover and exploit a thermal energy of 0.4 kWh / h.m²

c) It takes roughly 0.2 to 0.3 kWh mechanical to make 1 km with an average car.

d) Assuming (ideally) an engine efficiency of 50%, each m² of "sensor" will therefore provide you with the energy necessary for an hour to cover only 1 km ...

Thank you, . So it would be just to save an air conditioning if need be, however are there any stirling alternator projects that use the heat recovered from the exhaust of a thermal?

When I inquired about the prices (alas not in France) of Stirling generator, I was terrified by the price. What is so expensive in a stirling compared to a conventional thermal?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/08, 09:59

a) There is a large manufacturer (who reminds me which one) who will soon be offering a car fitted with PV panels to power the air conditioning precisely. Do a research, we talked about them forums: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

b) The high price? The mass effect, no doubt .... there must be "about" 1 heat engines manufactured for a stirling engine in the world!

But you should know that Fiat equipped one of its production cars with a stirling in the 70s ...
0 x
lv13r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lv13r » 08/12/08, 10:07

hello christophe
you can tell us which model from fiat and do you have more info on this vehicle :?:
please
lv13R
0 x
robin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Stirling engines for vehicles

by robin » 08/12/08, 10:19

Given the number of exothermic reactions available and often non-polluting with inexpensive products (sodium / water reaction or aluminothermic reaction passing through most of the oxy-reductions which give neutral and harmless elements at the end of the day) you can't get out of stirling cars.

We also said for a moment that the price also came from controlling the tightness of the fluids used (such as helium for example) in purely mechanical energy transfers, but we don't have this problem if we make the stirling of hermetically closed with an electromagnetic transfer of energy, like linear alternators for example.

By 2009 I believe that an Infiniacorp Company will commercially release the first solar striling with a 3kw generator it seems, nothing will prevent if necessary to dismantle this generator to use it in a small vehicle after a manip using a chemical heating process.
0 x