Save 32% Fuel 2 Engines Time With Acetone

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
raph94z
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Save 32% Fuel 2 Engines Time With Acetone

by raph94z » 03/08/07, 19:49

Hello,

I've covered your fuel economy topics with acetone.

I saw that some man recommended an optimal dosage of 0,23% ... why not .... but you should know that the efficiency of an engine depends on engine speed, temperature, engine capacity. ..so fix this dosage to 0,23% would be suitable for a particular range of engine speed etc ...

Especially since some have tried ... some noted no difference, other 2 3% more or less ... yeah, on a full only it seems light as a measurement method, especially that it depends on the time spent in traffic jams, or the speed at which you drove ... we quickly made hasty conclusions ...
: Cheesy:

So I did the test myself on a scooter, a 50 cm3, 2 time.
I put 30% acetone mixed with gasoline.
I went from 3,8 l / 100km to 2,6 l / 100 => 32% savings : Shock: of acetone / gasoline mixture, compared to gasoline alone.
I noticed a much better recovery at low speed.

I think we can easily feed on 2 3%, but I can not be wrong on 32% saving.

Indeed, on engines 2 time (1 go back by spark, without valves), the oil is injected at the same time as the gasoline so no problem of drying of the cylinders, and the acetone certainly vaporizes more easily the essence and the oil, which leads to better combustion.
Especially that the combustion time is very short on a 2 engine time, so it's pretty good that the acetone (detonating) accelerates the combustion.

The 1,2l / 100km of gasoline that was consumed without adding acetone was not burned, or incompletely ... pcq if they were burned, it would raise the temperature of the gases and that would exert an additional force on the piston.
So there is certainly a significant reduction in inbreed oil and CO releases.

On the other hand, be careful, 4-stroke engines (2 back and forth per spark) would be more sensitive to the addition of acetone, drying out the cylinders, and to the risk of consuming oil ... and rebuilding an engine consumes l 'energy. In addition, there is a risk of self-ignition, because the explosion may take place before the exhaust valves are closed: at the risk of wearing out the valves and causing the gasoline to burn not in the chamber. combustion but in the exhaust manifold => therefore method not valid for 4-stroke engines.

The ideal would be an electronic injection of acetone mixed with gasoline, the dosage of which would vary according to the engine speed, engine temperature, etc.

Here.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/08/07, 23:28

Hello
I put 30% acetone mixed with gasoline.

You may try to remember that there is a time when there is an effective ration.
I test it quite often on a two-stroke mower 3hp engine
8 to 10% this is the same as 20% I never pushed 30%
I know what I mow with a tank, with 8% of acetone I mow almost 40% more with a tank
and I do not measure the% I put this approximate and I'm sure I put too much ..
On the auto engine there is a small gain but I find that the amount to put is too important without risk for seals and pumps.
In the diesel I put more for the oil race I warm up the fuel sometimes has 88c so these products are too volatile for these temperatures it is a plug of steam ..

On the other hand, be careful, 4-stroke engines (2 back and forth per spark) would be more sensitive to the addition of acetone, drying out the cylinders, and to the risk of consuming oil ... and rebuilding an engine consumes l 'energy. In addition, there is a risk of self-ignition, because the explosion may take place before the exhaust valves are closed: at the risk of wearing out the valves and causing the gasoline to burn not in the chamber. combustion but in the exhaust manifold => therefore method not valid for 4-stroke engines.

Not very convinced of that, because I've tried a fairly high dose in my diesel and gasoline cars, I buy it at 4 liters
at least for self-ignition I think it's rather the opposite
the risk is the gas pipes and neoprene joints

Andre
0 x
raph94z
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by raph94z » 04/08/07, 00:23

Indeed, the 30% dosing may not be optimal, but each engine speed has its optimum dosage (which could actually oscillate between 10 and 30% ... it would have to make measurements).
I must specify that with the scooter, I do the city, so a lot of stops and starts, and at a speed <55 (my scooter can not more) ... with a lot of speed changes, while a mower at a constant speed.

I was not too sure either of the risks for the 4 engines time, but by looking at other sites, I could fall on the advice of someone who squeezed his 4 scooter while there had acetone (which dosage I do not know, and nothing says it's related to acetone ...).

What I know about 4 engines is that the timing of the timing of valve opening and sparking is very accurate, and depends on the ignition speed of the fuel: acetone modifies this data ... so it requires a very precise setting for acetone (advance ignition, etc ...).
The ignition speed increases with the engine load (throttle open ..) ... so not easy ...

Moreover acetone is a solvent that dissolves glues etc ..., it can very well dissolve the oil on the piston rings, and dry them ... and prematurely use the engine (only the 4 time).

For seals, one type on another forum did tests with joints and hoses, and it seems he did not notice anything abnormal ..

The engines, 2 time or 4 times lose almost 50% of their energy in heat through the exhaust ... the gasoline ends up burning in the exhaust somehow ... and acetone would burn the fuel enough quickly so that the heat causes the gases to expand in the combustion chamber and not in the exhaust, and to exert an additional pressure on the pistons ... from where the gain in mechanical energy ..

For diesel engines, where the gasoline ignites spontaneously during injection (at constant pressure), the increase in the combustion rate is indeed also sought, but within certain limits, because the temperature rises to 600 ° C in a diesel (against 300 ° C for a gasoline, roughly), and detonation or overheating can be more damaging ... especially since the diesel is injected with a pump, depending on its viscosity (acetone will reduce the viscosity) so a larger amount of diesel can be injected, and thus decreasing the lubricating power of diesel somewhere.
0 x
bidule007
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

acetone

by bidule007 » 04/08/07, 08:13

Hello,

new on this forum and interested in your article on adding acetone in gasoline, I would like to know if such an addition (and in what proportion), is possible on a jet ski (engine 2 time- 3 cylinders- 1100 cm3) 120cv, without risk for the engine!
Is it dangerous? What would be the fuel economy knowing that the conso is about 20 liter per hour!
Thank you for your reply!

Bidule 007
0 x
raph94z
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: acetone

by raph94z » 04/08/07, 09:28

bidule007 wrote:I would like to know if such an addition (and in what proportion), is possible on a jet ski (engine 2 time- 3 cylinders- 1100 cm3) 120cv, without risk for the engine!
Is it dangerous? What would be the fuel economy knowing that the conso is about 20 liter per hour!

I could not tell you what is the optimal dosage, because I just did 2 or 3 tests on a scooter whose cylinder capacity is 50 cm3, 1 cylinder, nevertheless as specified by André, it is possible to 'try that 10% .... in any case, try 0,23% is more homeopathy than anything else ..

In my opinion, there is no particular risk for the engine, knowing that there are no valves on the engines 2 time and that the oil is injected with gasoline. In addition acetone unclogs the engine (the 2 times get dirty quickly calamine, oil burned). And acetone promotes complete combustion so it will foul less ... so certainly a longer life.

However, I prefer to say that on 4 engines time there are risks.
0 x
bidule007
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

acetone....

by bidule007 » 04/08/07, 09:42

Thank you for your quick response and your insights!

Of course, it is not usual to perform this kind of operation, but if the gain in conso is interesting (at least 15 / 20%), and without risk for the engine, I will probably try.
Does this mean at least 10 liters of acetone for 50 tank capacity?
Is it a good proportion, or is it insufficient?
Thanks for your help
It is true that the engine 2 time crashes quickly and the acetone will clean it, but the time generated by this mixture does not risk in the long run to melt or damage the segments or the pistons?
(The engine can over-reach 7000 trs).
cordially
Bidule 007
0 x
Other

by Other » 04/08/07, 15:51

Hello

Found on a Forum

Example of fuels used:

- ALFA Romeo 158 / 159: Methanol 98%, distilled water 1,5%, castor oil 0,5%;

- Ferrari 375: methanol 40%, benzol 30%, petrol 30%;

Maserati 4CLT: methanol 85%, benzol 10%, acetone 5%;

- SIMCA Gordini: 85% methanol, 8% acetone, 7% petroleum ether;

Talbot T26C: gasoline 60%, methanol 25%, benzol 15%;

- BRM type 15: methanol 70%, acetone, distilled water and iso-pentane alkylate;

- Connaught A: 40% methanol, 40% petrol, benzol 20% (before the use of nitromethane!!);

- Mercedes W 196: 25% aircraft gasoline, 25% methanol, 45% benzol, 3% acetone, 2% nitrobenzin and 0,03% tetraethyl lead;

- Lancia D 50: alcohol 100%

I strayed slightly from the subject of injecting water into fuel; in fact I have cited the learned mixtures used by engine manufacturers at the start of Formula 1 (50s) to find the adequacy of engine performance, a sort of "philosophical" mixture.

All these engine are 4 time

In your place I would start with a 3% you will increase thereafter

Andre
0 x
raph94z
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: acetone ....

by raph94z » 04/08/07, 16:52

bidule007 wrote:Does this mean at least 10 liters of acetone for 50 tank capacity?
Is it a good proportion, or is it insufficient?
Thanks for your help

Yes, in my opinion, you can try without any worries. I tried with 30% direct ... and I did more than 300 km without any worries, so 10% you can go without fear.

I can not tell you what is the optimal dosage because I do not have a measuring device, I'm just a student who has had an experiment with his scooter : Mrgreen:

bidule007 wrote:It is true that the engine 2 time crashes quickly and the acetone will clean it, but the time generated by this mixture does not risk in the long run to melt or damage the segments or the pistons?

No, if your cooling system works.
Moreover, even without acetone, if the cooling breaks down, the engine can tighten if it is not stopped within a minute.

bidule007 wrote:(The engine can over-reach 7000 trs).

Over-revving is to be avoided, because the friction being proportional to the square of the speed (segments on cylinder and crankshaft regulator), the wear and the heating are multiplied (nonlinear way compared to the engine speed).
It is better to limit to 5000 or 6000tr / min.

Moreover, if the engine reaches an over-speed, it is that at the base, an additional gearbox report is necessary ... that some manufacturers do not want to tire to do it.

And you will notice that the addition of 10% acetone will give a little more fishing to the engine at low and medium speed.
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 04/08/07, 17:10

I did a few tests with acetone: acetone is very efficient in a very small proportion. I use a deciliter of acetone for 40 liter of gasoline and it gives a saving of 10% (on saab 9000, 2000 cm3 4 time). A friend uses acetone in the same proportions on a toyota diesel jeep with the same result. Acetone decreases the surface tension of the fuel and the vaporization of the fuel is finer because of that. To complete this, very little acetone is needed. If you wash the dishes it is useless to take a liter of laundry for 10 liter of water - it's enough a few drops ... In addition the acetone is expensive - and if you add a lot the economic balance would be possible -being negative
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
raph94z
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by raph94z » 04/08/07, 17:44

gilgamesh wrote:I did a few tests with acetone: acetone is very efficient in a very small proportion. I use a deciliter of acetone for 40 liter of gasoline and it gives a saving of 10% (on saab 9000, 2000 cm3 4 time). A friend uses acetone in the same proportions on a toyota diesel jeep with the same result. Acetone decreases the surface tension of the fuel and the vaporization of the fuel is finer because of that. To complete this, very little acetone is needed. If you wash the dishes it is useless to take a liter of laundry for 10 liter of water - it's enough a few drops ... In addition the acetone is expensive - and if you add a lot the economic balance would be possible -being negative

Ok on 4 engines time.
4 engines already have a fairly improved performance, and the oil is not injected with gasoline ... the lubrication is separated.
Actually acetone promotes the vaporization of gasoline, and accelerates the combustion so that gasoline does not burn in the exhaust.

On the other hand, 2 engines have a lower efficiency, mainly because the oil is injected at the same time as the gasoline, and the time for combustion between each spark is reduced.
The amount of acetone to be added in an 2 time is far superior ... acetone mixes not only with gasoline, but also with oil.
0 x