What worries us most: eco or environmental crisis

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
canares
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

What worries us most: eco or environmental crisis

by canares » 20/02/09, 14:02

According to a survey conducted by LH2 for the French Committee for the Environment and Sustainable Development, the French are less worried about the economy that goes in all directions than environmental risks. It is good that people are aware of the magnitude of the problem but what is contradictory is to see that many people are still doing nothing for the situation to improve. It's good to worry but then you may have to act. Just take a walk around our streets to see that there is still a lot of work to be done on people's behavior.

More about the LH2 study:
http://www.developpementdurable.com/env ... ciere.html

And what is it that worries you the most: that there is not a penny or more of fresh air to breathe?

(edited by ex-oceanic 20 / 02 / 09 17h25: title rewritten)
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 20/02/09, 17:28

Do not have a dime is less serious than no longer have clean air.
There existed human societies before the appearance of money. We can develop other notions, bartering, sharing, volunteering.
If not for clean air, many of us live in a big city where clean air is a relative notion (average 5 air index on Marseille today, because of PM10, thank you diesel and heating).
Having already too much fresh air, let's try to keep a few cents to heal us ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
RealWheel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

POLLUTION

by RealWheel » 05/07/09, 00:05

Of course you have to worry about the pollution generated by this shitty civilization.

The man totally forgot what was the meaning of his life. In Papua, the tribes in the forests live with little.

Those who earn a lot of money in our societies are happy to relocate jobs to low-cost countries, which increases the profits and hence the future value of their stock options.

Then they buy products that pollute a little more the planet and will end their life in huge landfills.

All those leaders who are involved in the destruction of the planet are criminals and I weigh my words.

In a short time you will no longer have a job. The air and water will be polluted and you will have no money to treat you.

It is the future not very distant that you are prepared if you continue to remain passive sheep.

The taxes you pay to pay for the studies of our engineering school engineers do not serve sustainable development but quite the contrary to the development of a ruling elite totally devoid of any moral sense.

The world is at a loss and nothing can stop this cataclysm.

As for the complete melting of the pack ice, we can now rely on the 2015 horizon.

The younger generations are preparing for a very difficult tomorrow.

Those who have 44 3 liters that pollute the air I breathe must be the first to be lynched.

Of course, I still work hard to develop technologies that are totally respectful of the environment but without any public money!
0 x
When we will be ble to build engines in according with the real wheel of the Nature, we will Produce energy in unlimited quantities. Nikola Tesla
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 05/07/09, 01:07

Hello, do not confuse engineer and CEO, it's not quite the same thing.
But the 2 are part of the same gear, whose purpose is to produce (products but mostly money).
(I'm about to get my engineering degree, but I have to admit that sometimes the energy cost of something going out of my brain makes me feel uncomfortable. not mine, it will be another, we are still in a mass production company)

To answer the initial question: which of these 2 currencies is that of our president's policy? (in the mind quite representative of most governments of the world besides):
A- "Work more to earn more"
B- "Produce less to pollute less"

Answer? ... It's pretty clear, right?
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 05/07/09, 07:35

From a certain point of view, I am happy that this crisis is there.
It may be the end of a system. What could be disturbing is the possible slippage, but in another sense, we can do something else. This is a situation that requires some vigilance.

Let's not forget that we could at the same time as this crisis hit a rarefaction oil. It could be even more funny.

People are more concerned about the environment than the crisis, because the environment is concrete. The crisis is only a state of mind if you want.
I would even add that being poor in times of crisis is more acceptable than being poor in a so-called prosperous society.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, the 80 and 90 years were not very rosy. We are starting to be jaded, we are used to it.

In any case, money has only the value that we want to give it and we overestimated it too much.
0 x
RealWheel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

THE ECONOMIC CRISIS OR THE ENVIRONMENT

by RealWheel » 05/07/09, 09:30

This economic crisis will have virtue only if all the economic actors become aware of what needs to be changed.

We must begin by changing the minds of bankers and traders. Then, it will be necessary to heavily tax speculation that in times of crisis tries to recover illicitly profits that do not exist in the short term (daily yo-yo on the courses). Simply tax the frequency of sales-purchases over a short period.

Then, because it will be necessary to go through this end, any company that does not produce durable goods (I mean the environmental quality in terms of recycling of the final product, the life of the product, its energy efficiency and its power density. , material performance: quality and quantity of materials used, consumption of water and polluting chemicals) will have to be heavily taxed. Any product that has to be transported over a long distance must be taxed according to the 2 power of distance (let this big multinational manufactures alternators in China to sell them in Germany).

In other words, any company that produces to produce will not survive, because its business will not be profitable and the banks will not support it.

We must reinvest the money where it is most useful for the environment. So, neither in the oil nor in the nuclear but in technologies worthy of this 21ième century.

Let's give back the real power to the engineers, confiscated these 15 last years by jurists, financiers, managers and commercial obsequious. Give back credit and financial means to all those in this country who innovate and file ruinous patents on their own personal funds.

There are in this country scientists too imbued with their person who profess obvious contra truths and to whom one grants a certain credit however: example Claude ALLEGRE.

It would be more reasonable to consider that we still know little about the extraordinary complexity of Nature and that all the machines we have built so far are so imperfect that they could not receive any award from the Creator of this universe.

Put yourself at work, young engineers, always keeping in mind that you must give the best of yourselves not to your boss but to safeguard the environment and our planet.

My generation is characterized by an individualism pushed to its paroxism. This state of mind leads nowhere except to the stalemate in which we find ourselves today.

RealWheel
Engineer
0 x
When we will be ble to build engines in according with the real wheel of the Nature, we will Produce energy in unlimited quantities. Nikola Tesla
Flytox

Re: THE ECONOMIC CRISIS OR THE ENVIRONMENT

by Flytox » 05/07/09, 11:21

Hello RealWheel
RealWheel wrote:We must begin by changing the minds of bankers and traders.

So, the marmot puts the chocolate in the aluminum foil ...
Your sting is fully justified, in theory we know where the bottom hurts but in practice, it is not tomorrow the day we remove the economy of the greenhouses of our raptors banqsters. They hold the money, and therefore the governments by the balls.

Then, it will be necessary to heavily tax speculation that in times of crisis tries to recover illicitly profits that do not exist in the short term (daily yo-yo on the courses). Simply tax the frequency of sales-purchases over a short period.

No risk they kill the goose that lays the golden eggs ... The crisis was not used (only to fuck the poor), they took the same recipe to start their bullshit again. The oil has been increasing by pure speculation for several months, we left for a new cycle ... with the approval of governments ...

Let's give back the real power to the engineers, confiscated these 15 last years by jurists, financiers, managers and commercial obsequious. Give back credit and financial means to all those in this country who innovate and file ruinous patents on their own personal funds.
Put yourself at work, young engineers, always keeping in mind that you must give the best of yourselves not to your boss but to safeguard the environment and our planet.

How do you choose a responsible approach respectful of the planet when your management in a financial logic asks you to increase their profits whatever the means. The only thing you will get to do ... is to get fired! : Shock: : Evil:

How do you turn this gangrene that rots our world ???????? What to do in utopia is to ruin the rich so that they lose their power and leave it to the people who have much more sense. Fastoche no? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
RealWheel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: THE ECONOMIC CRISIS OR THE ENVIRONMENT

by RealWheel » 05/07/09, 13:07

Hi Flytox,

How do you turn this gangrene that rots our world ???????? What to do in utopia is to ruin the rich so that they lose their power and leave it to the people who have much more sense. Fastoche no?

I have been in resistance for now 5 years and have actually had to accept a pre-retirement contract at the beginning of this year. Working in a large multinational group that has a policy 180 °, that he advertises and broadly disseminates in all media, seemed to me as anachronistic and no longer allowed to be in agreement with myself. I fully understand that a young person's main concern is to support his family. One can however be slave a time, but in all cases, not all his professional life.

My method of resistance is: on the different forum financial (bursa, stock, ..), I give my opinion frequently on the management of large groups from concrete examples. These opinions are most often negative, but not systematically in order to remain credible.

I remain active on all forums political associations or organizations that campaign for the environment and sustainable development.

Finally, I work actively in the field of so-called "free" energies where more concretely machines with very high superunit COP.

For your information, I graduated from the same school (ENSAIS Strabourg became INSA) that the founder of this portal Econologie.com.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/07/09, 13:16

Answer to the riddle ofOlivier22:
A- "Work more to earn more"
B- "Produce less to pollute less"

It is the answer C- "Work more to earn less".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/07/09, 14:23

Answer D: "Work more to earn less but continue to consume more by making more credits"
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...