The planet warms up ... and then?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

The planet warms up ... and then?

by Christophe » 03/02/07, 16:07

Global warming. Let's face it, for us Quebecers, this expression has something to laugh about. As long as snow continues to cover ski slopes, is a rise in mercury really bad news?

Especially since Canada could benefit from a rise in temperature of a few degrees, recently underlined the famous report by Nicholas Stern, former head of the World Bank. It was about improved agricultural yields, a drop in winter mortality, a reduction in heating needs and even a possible increase in tourism.

This is the irony of climate change: it threatens the countries responsible for it less than the others, which are unfortunately more vulnerable.

The following: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070 ... ACTUALITES
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/02/07, 16:52

Hello,
He is as silly as the Canadian Minister of the Environment
who has just been freshly posted to replace the other minister who blundered on bevu.
When the Minister of the Environment of the Canadian government
will say to the journalists at the end of the Paris conference:
< >
And that represents Canada, it must have been formatted by the oil sands of the tar sands.
Again we see that anyone can take a ministry without knowing his subject. Overnight he can become Minister of Health, or Agriculture.

The other who declares that if things get hotter, no big deal, yes we have less snow to clean in the cities, less heating and the ice breezes I have not seen them pass once this winter, the waterway of the river has remained open. He may dream of seeing palm trees one day.
But hospitals have never recorded so much gastro anteritis,
The whole snow and tourist industry is malfunctioning.
evaporation of water from lakes which freeze late, make a lack of water for the summer period ect ..
He is not talking about the erosion of the banks along the river, the thawing of the perma frost in the north. (it's true the north is far away it just sees the ski slopes with snow cannons that work all night long.

The summers have become very hot and violent thunderstorms wreak havoc locally. ect ..
Another one who dreams of living in Florida.
What he did not understand is here in Canada and more particularly in Quebec that the temperature has increased the most and it will worsen even more, according to the reports of scientists
when the northern ice mass will no longer play its regulating role.
The simple demarcation of the St. Lawrence River makes a difference of 15 days over the end of winter ... which normally around the end of March

We did not come out of the woods with politicians like that.

Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 03/02/07, 20:19

hi andre

we have a republic Quebec meeting? we have the same ones as at your place here :P

@+

for your question it is: in-line pump 100/100 rotating 70/100 but watch out here for the coldest is 25 °
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 03/02/07, 21:53

hi Zac
it would look good, our old Byrth snowboards instead of spending the winter in Florida would go to Reunion (one shot gets on the plane) some go to Tunisia or Morocco. At least it speaks in our language.
and your youngest would come snowmobiling or dog sledding in our snow.
With our politicians having a colonized mentality, and our submissive population it is not tomorrow the day before.

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/07, 23:46

What concerns me the most is this:
The IPCC report made public yesterday is more alarming than that of 2001 which was more alarming than that of 1995 which was more so than that of 1990. Do the most deprived countries really have the means to pay for another report? more devastating in 2012?
It's now 17 years that a group of experts start to alert us ...
Who is ready to do something in the "western" countries? What percentage of the population is aware of their responsibility?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/02/07, 01:07

Woodcutter wrote:What concerns me the most is this:
The IPCC report made public yesterday is more alarming than that of 2001 which was more alarming than that of 1995 which was more so than that of 1990. Do the most deprived countries really have the means to pay for another report? more devastating in 2012?
It's now 17 years that a group of experts start to alert us ...
Who is ready to do something in the "western" countries? What percentage of the population is aware of their responsibility?

In my opinion, we will go from report to report .. and see again.

Corine Lepage (interviewed in the FR3 news report last night at 23 p.m.) said that when she was environment minister in 1995 (I believe), a commitment had been made by Europe that vehicles should not not emit more than 120 g of CO2 / km in 2005. This is where we are today. She says to have relaunched these gentlemen so that they check in their engagements ..... without answer for the moment.

http://le1920.france3.fr/index.php3?jt=1

We must see in this news the 3 1st subjects and especially "the showdown between the EU and the European car manufacturers".

It proposes that no captive fleet vehicle used by the Elysee, ministries and the State in general use a vehicle whose CO2 emission is> 120g / km !!! : Lol: : Mrgreen:
... but German large sedan vehicles emit 250 g / km.

to drive green, you would have to drive a C3 Citroën !! for sarko it could be fine (small), but for Chirac it was better in 607.
Last edited by jean63 the 04 / 02 / 07, 01: 26, 2 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/02/07, 01:18

Yes, the 120 g barrier has been raised to 140 g and the deadline extended to 2008 ...
But even the French brands specializing in small cars and diesels will not succeed!

For the second proposition, completely agree!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/02/07, 01:20

It's like for the TVS: it should be VERY CLEARLY dissuasive for the most emitting vehicles of CO2 ...

For now, the boxes do not care ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/02/07, 01:32

Two comments, read on Caradisiac:
- a coming from the USA
- and the other from Canada

We are REALLY not out of the hostel ... :|
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/02/07, 02:00

Comments from Motor-Nature on the output of the IPCC report ...
0 x