Soda Club AlCOjet Product CO2? Ecological or not ??

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Tigerbil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Soda Club AlCOjet Product CO2? Ecological or not ??

by Tigerbil » 23/02/07, 10:08

Hello,

My wife bought a Sodafrance.com Soda Club that uses Alcojet bottles to introduce gas into the water to make soft drinks.

They say on the site that it's environmentally friendly because you do not end up with a whole box of plastic bottles at the end of the month.
But the gas that is introduced via this system is it even more harmful (in his name, they insist on the term CO2)?

Thank you for filling my ignorance on this subject.
And if in this bottle Alcojet is something that accentuates global warming, it will go to the container!
Thank you in advance, have a nice day
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/07, 10:44

Uh I know this system (which has existed for a long time in Belgium) and have already asked similar questions.

Positive points for the system:
- no water transported (provided that the tap is used)
- less waste
- concentrated syrups (so the possibility of dosing less strongly)

Negative points of the system:
- transport / recharge of the CO2 charge (quite expensive I think)
- tendency to overconsumption of sodas (well it's not ecology but hey ...)

Otherwise for your question, do not worry: the CO2 is present anyway in all sodas ... and the amount is largely negligible compared to other releases (1 L gasoline = 2,3 Kg CO2 ... you can drink liters before having an impact).

In addition food CO2 is generally produced by biological processes. Indeed; it is not for nothing that all the breweries also produced lemonade thanks to the CO2 resulting from the fermentation. Organic CO2 has no impact on the greenhouse effect.
0 x
Tigerbil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tigerbil » 23/02/07, 13:42

Thank you very much for this quick and complete answer.

Long live this site ... and so to Madame Terre. :D
0 x
Noïde738
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Noïde738 » 21/09/08, 22:08

it sounds nice to me as a system, but what does anyone know about the principle to gasify the liquid?

it gasses when you use it?
Is it still long?

If anyone knows a schematic diagram on this gasification, I'm interested; because I wonder what percentage of assimilation of CO2 captures the water and by what means.

Salute
0 x
extend in harmony has the virtue rebirth (Nei Ching Su Wen)
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 22/09/08, 00:54

I saw this system in a client,
for me the problem is not water or CO2 but the number of dyes and chemical additives : Evil: : Evil: contained in the syrups that give the taste (coca, fanta or other). She told me about it after an allergy problem.
Read the instructions on the package first before buying ...

There is no point in wanting to remove chemicals from the habitat if they end up in the glass or plate :!:
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 22/09/08, 01:01

Yes, the principle is simple, and even quite playful, it looks a little (hestically speaking) to a coffee maker, but instead of the pitcher you place a bottle of 1 liter supplied with the machine that you fill with water , or syrup.
at start-up, the gas is introduced into this bottle, and in a few seconds, your soda is ready!

easy, fun, and I would say that, given the amount of liters of carbonated soda, made with a cartridge and syrup, we must save on gasoline that would have been consumed to go and get it in the supermarket!
0 x
Noïde738
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Noïde738 » 22/09/08, 17:29

What is interesting to me is that carbonated water is potentially "drinkable" compared to the same non-carbonated.

The syrup does not interest me, it's just a different way and even complementary to a filtration.
A compromise between filtration and gasification instead of super filtering and then having to repotabilize the water with activated carbon, for me it is to make trade work!
Filter enough and gasify, just look what's in the supermarket bottles !!

But buy some cartridges ... More energy to put the CO2 in.

Ok Hasardine, then you fill your bottle with your water and eventually your syrup, you plug on the machine, you turn it on, and when you leave the bottle, the content is gasified?
Not bad :|
So there must not be too much loss of CO2

Me who thought that the system was like fountain with water tank or connection to the network
0 x
extend in harmony has the virtue rebirth (Nei Ching Su Wen)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 23/09/08, 19:03

I have an old Swiss system, inherited from my husband's cousin, and it works a lot like whipped cream, you do not lose too much gas!

but to tell the truth, we do not use it too often, since I often forget to buy the cartridges (+ or - consciously!)

but it's true, as my colleague says, that I love gadgets for cooking! (to his despair, and to that of my husband!)
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/08, 20:36

Tigerbil, I bet you would not have asked us all these questions if your wife had bought a beer pump ... : Lol:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 23/09/08, 20:51

it's really true, well!

in fact, in derivative, is it more environmentally friendly to use a bread machine where to buy from his baker?
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."