Questions Kyot'Home v1 (spreadsheets)

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Questions Kyot'Home v1 (spreadsheets)

by Rulian » 12/02/06, 22:21

Since the V2 website is functional, I create a special thread for people who continue to use the V1 which is still valid.

So here you can ask all the questions related to the Kyot'Home V1 spreadsheets and exclusively Kyot'Home V1 spreadsheets.

For V2, energy-saving or other tricks, see in other topics of discussion.

Merci!

PS: the files of the V1 are now available on the site Kyot'Home:
http://www.kyot-home.com/download.php?lng=fr
Last edited by Rulian the 12 / 02 / 06, 22: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/06, 22:22

Uh ... I just turned everything KH1 of econology la.

So give the link of the tables of the V2 already that 75% of the people do not know what it is that KH .... :|
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 12/02/06, 22:26

Ayé c does
Maybe you can leave a link to the downloads page of kyot-home.com? So that everything is clear and nobody gets lost on the way.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/06, 22:39

Uh ... would you like me to put it on or link it?
0 x
lojeti
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

V1 / V2 user

by lojeti » 05/12/06, 12:01

Hello,
until today I used the 1 version since October 2005.
Looking for new information, I came across the V2. I registered, but amazing while with the V1 I am at 10,5% above kyoto in average annual, I am at + 25% on the V2.
Is this normal? However, I put all my data in the same way as on the spreadsheet.

I have another question but I may have to put it elsewhere, I recently subscribed to Enercoop, it's not yet on the way, but it should not be long, is there a To take them into account in the results?
Enercoop's green electricity does not produce the same amount of CO2 as the EDF coal-fired power plants !!

Thank you for your site, which I run regularly but on which I post for the first time

lojeti
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 05/12/06, 15:23

The new version makes an estimate on the months not yet fulfilled. (The estimate is below the box to be filled in, with an asterisk). This means that the month of December is not considered zero as in the 1 version.

That said, I tried to put the month of December to 0, and I find 13% and not 10% above the threshold I do not know where this small difference comes from. Can be Rulian? ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 05/12/06, 16:03

Arf, here's a funny problem. As Nono said, this largely explains the estimates that are automatically proposed for the months that have not yet been filled. For the rest, I have no explanation right away. I dig into it to verify, it is quite possible that a bug or a data error has slipped.

Regarding Enercoop or other green electricity contract, I do not intend to change the emission factors of CO2 of Kwh because I do not have this data corrected, and I think that a correct calculation must take the Same factor of CO2 to Kwh for everyone. If many consumers take green current, then the average factor will naturally be pulled down, in which case it will be updated.

In any case, I think you still have a big margin of progress in terms of reducing consumption.

Anyway it's nice to see that you have been using Kyot-home since the beginning :P
0 x
lojeti
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lojeti » 05/12/06, 16:45

Just in response to the margin of progression. On this house, we can hardly do better, we are a tenant, the proprio do not want to isolate (there is just double glazing), shut the shutters as soon as the day falls, and it average 17 ° c in the House (you work all day).
But we do not despair of leaving these places one day. And then global warming "helps" us to consume less, it has not really frozen for long this year !!

For Enercoop, I understand the reasoning but in this case it should be the same whatever the energy chosen for heating and this is not the case (fortunately for that matter). Also it was my only hope for a little progress !!

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 05/12/06, 17:14

The source of the problem was found.

There is a difference in the calculations between the spreadsheet and the website. Indeed the emission factor of CO2 electricity varies depending on whether it is heating or simple mains current. It is considered that the heating makes more CO2, because of the peaks that creates the winter on the network and which forces to launch coal / oil / gas plants to provide.

The spreadsheet makes the difference between the two cases, but not the website. For reasons of simplification during programming, we took the weighted average of the two heating and sector factors, considering that 70% of the domestic electricity is used for heating and 30% for the mains current. In the profile, on the website, you are asked the use of heating or electricity sector, but this is only infomative. It may be improved in the future according to our possibilities.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Lojeti wrote:Just in response to the margin of progression. On this house, we can hardly do better, we are a tenant, the proprio do not want to isolate (there is just double glazing), shut the shutters as soon as the day falls, and it average 17 ° c in the House (you work all day).

It is safe that under these conditions, you can hardly do better. Double glazing on cardboard walls, it does not help much ...

Lojeti wrote:But we do not despair of leaving these places one day. And then global warming "helps" us to consume less, it has not really frozen for long this year !!
Lojeti wrote:Had seen things in this light : Mrgreen:

Lojeti wrote:For Enercoop, I understand the reasoning but in this case it should be the same whatever the energy chosen for heating and this is not the case (fortunately for that matter). Also it was my only hope for a little progress !!

I understand your point of view. In July 2007 will be discussed again during the opening of the market to individuals. But it will have to have reliable reference figures on the green current, which will not be gained.

: Mrgreen:
0 x