The human is compatible with the Earth?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Basphet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Basphet » 11/04/07, 00:11

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site and I think like everyone here I'm looking for answers ... And there is one in particular that has been bothering me for a few months ...

Given that

1 / The "devastation" of the planet by humans is no longer to be demonstrated
2 / The "ecological" speeches of current leaders (from all over the world, not only from France) are more oriented towards political and financial demagoguery than towards a true respect for nature
3 / The current situation is irreversible (global warming, unnatural disappearances of animal and plant species, etc.)
4 / The human being is not at all ready to change his bad habits towards the environment
5 / The earth will certainly continue to harbor life after humans have caused their own loss
6 / The human race is the most harmful representative of life on this planet

... Don't you think that in fact we should continue to pollute so that the earth can finally live, one day, without this destructive presence that is the human?
Our presence on earth is only a fraction of a second in Gaia's life ... She will recover, as she has recovered many times ... But without us ...

I was so naive that at one time, not so long ago, I thought I could do something (I even participated in GMO mowing) ... But today, in fact I think the best gift we can give the Earth is simply to disappear, the human race is way too harmful ...

Today, I am limited to thinking that the greatest gift that we can give to nature is to destroy ourselves (It's a good start ...), it would be the most beautiful mark of intelligence that the human have ever had ...

(And NO, I have no suicidal tendency, quite the contrary)
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 11/04/07, 09:47

Hello Basphet

Not so sure ... what a gift would be!

Since the last big disaster that robbed us of the company of dinosaurs, it took Gaia only 60 million years to recreate our current Luna Park.

Assuming that it holds another 4 billion years (estimated lifespan of our stellar nuclear power plant) it could start the turbine over 60 times.

Of course, regarding our responsibility, it is clear that our generation is at a turning point, otherwise it is right in the wall.

And not only because of climatic problems, but probably "collateral" damage and repercussions on food, access to water, to living space that could well degenerate into a global conflict.

And with the global arsenal lying around, the Planets of the Apes could be the next step ... 60 million years from now.

Awareness of the environmental problem is, however, emerging, and even if there is commercial recovery, the message about the planet is becoming more and more insistent.

The hardest part is that we can't put the brakes on
to stop NET the bandwagon.

We must slowly de-accelerate, gradually reverse the steam (no pun intended), so that habits can change and evolve and for that the message that drains in this case this site must be amplified.

Come on laugh ... there is always hope, even if I admit it is a little naive.

Hello
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/07, 11:51

Such "speeches" from environmentalists-extremists (basically let's kill all men and the situation will be resolved ... what a shortcut ...) are not the right voice to make the notion of respect for the ecosystem accepted by the community. majority of humans. On the contrary, it destroys the efforts of less radical environmentalists ... : Evil: : Evil:

I think that man, unlike this type of speech, also has the capacity to invent and innovate in order to improve the environmental situation (see the latest news: algae biofuels ) ... Only here with the current financial system not taking into account the cost on the ecosystem (or very very little) we can expect the worst choice from the "decision makers" ... (oil again "thoroughly" for decades ...)

It is up to each of us to lead by example ... instead of criticizing "others" ...

ps: mass extinction can happen without humans ... proof here
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 11/04/07, 13:49

For me it is yes, in view of the number of people who are on this
site and trying or giving solutions is more than a start.
: Mrgreen:
one should not be so pessimistic otherwise in the end it is suicide. : Shock:
0 x
In eternal learning
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 12/04/07, 16:36

What you say reminds me of the Vehement movement (VHMT: http://www.vhemt.org/findex.htm )
Somewhere they don't have always totally wrong. In my opinion, the human being should fade from the globe over time (several centuries), but without doing so completely. And even less disappear, but simply become "transparent" for the environment and the ecosystem like glass for light.

: Arrow: Christophe,
It seems to me that VHEMT is significantly different and more moderate from extremist logic "basically kill all the men and the situation will be settled". If that's them you were referring to.

They are not quite wrong when they say that the human being becomes "incompatible with non-domesticated life forms" ( http://www.vhemt.org/fecology.htm#parent ).
But anyway I only read diagonally ...
0 x
Christian prunier
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Christian prunier » 13/04/07, 02:58

Unfortunately, I agree to the word with the thesis perfectly expressed in the first message of this theme by Basphet, with one exception: in the event that I have a vision that ultimately turns out to be too pessimistic of the human race. , I still make the most possible efforts as an environmental activist, and I plead, without fear of the ridiculous under the sign of which it is most of the time understood, for all the daily acts which can give the example and which would bear fruit if they were taken up by all. But I can't believe this last hypothesis, except when it becomes obvious, so much too late.
I had this brutal revelation not during the five minutes when the Eiffel Tower in particular had been turned off, but the very second it was turned on again: it was this second that was for me a symbol in the form of blow of a sledgehammer. A little pragmatism makes us realize that all the efforts to be made, if they were made, would be against growth without which there is no salvation for our economic models based on profit.
The so-called “saving the planet” approach therefore appears to me to be a deeply egoistic preoccupation of humans with regard to themselves and their survival which they feel threatened, but in no way altruistic towards the planet. itself for which the greatest good will be effectively the disappearance of our inexorably destructive species because dominating and greedy without measure of all the wealth that it could have offered us millions of years during if we had not always wanted it more.
I deeply love our planet and all its wonders, I am infinitely sad for the fate I see for our grandchildren, but unfortunately I fear that the proverb "Who too much embraces badly embraces" will strip us one day, for a bit time, on the surface of this earth, time for it to recover its health and for another cycle to resume, on this point I agree.
It is at the limit this single certainty of our eventual disappearance and the survival of the planet that gives me the courage to try to respect it as best as possible with a wave of hope of deceiving myself on the deadline of our disappearance.
On the other hand, I do not see any trace of the notion of suicide in this vision of the future: on the contrary, 99,99% of humans either do not ask the question because they have many other concerns for their survival. individual day by day in so many parts of the world, or else laugh softly and pay each other our heads cheerfully: I again amused the gallery this very evening during a birthday dinner by denouncing the coffee in capsules which increases quite unnecessarily the number of containers, not even recycled by those concerned for whom "the trash" remains a unique object. Perhaps suicidal cases will multiply as our living conditions deteriorate, but those to whom we will owe our disappearance will have bathed until really too late in a soft and unconscious quietude, not at all agitated by a gait. suicidal in which they just absolutely do not believe.
0 x
Christian prunier
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 13/04/07, 06:39

OOOUUUUFFFFFF

It was too much coffee !!!!!

I will quietly reread your dense post in little bits

Hello
0 x
Nature Miss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nature Miss » 13/04/07, 09:11

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I don't really agree with you.
It is true that some people do not respect anything or people, but I think that we should not all be put in the same basket.
I also guess you don't have kids, otherwise you wouldn't talk like you do !!
It's all a question of education, we have to try to change mentalities, and I'm sure we can all do it, we must especially not see things from that angle, otherwise we are lost.
It's a little selfish to talk like you do, you have to think about the future generations ...
My son at 5, I can tell you that he respects the flora and fauna around us a lot, but for that, it's like everything else, you have to educate him, explain to him ....
The problem with people is that they are well in their "lux" and that they have bad habits, but we can change all that with two qualities:
WILL AND PERSEVERANCE !!!!!
See you soon I hope...
0 x
My two favorite words when it comes to global warming are: ACTION & REACTION! Move on!
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 13/04/07, 10:03

miss nature wrote: I also suppose that you don't have children, otherwise you wouldn't speak like you do !!

For my part, I do not have any, it does not mean that I do nothing, or that I hold this kind of speech.

miss nature wrote: It's a little selfish to talk like you do, you have to think about the future generation ...
My son at 5, I can tell you that he respects the flora and fauna around us a lot, but for that, it's like everything else, you have to educate him, explain to him ....
The problem with people is that they are well in their "lux" and that they have bad habits, but we can change all that with two qualities:
WILL AND PERSEVERANCE !!!!!

I will add a third one which for me is essential and which you wrote, EDUCATION.
0 x
In eternal learning
Nature Miss
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nature Miss » 13/04/07, 11:21

yes you're right, it's all a question of education.
I was brought up with real values ​​of respect for both flora and fauna, but also respect for others and for differences ...
And I try to do the same for my son, only better.
It's not always easy, but I'm happy with the result so far ....
Many parents no longer know what education means ...
It's sad...
So.....
It is important to protect your environment and to respect it!
: Cheesy:
0 x
My two favorite words when it comes to global warming are: ACTION & REACTION! Move on!

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."