Passive constructions

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Prestige Villa
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Passive constructions

by Prestige Villa » 09/09/07, 14:50

Hello,

I am a builder of larch log chalets in the Hautes Alpes, but my business sector spans the whole of France.

You should know that these houses are very ecological because they store an amount of CO2 equivalent to what 4 traditional houses emit.

It is a type of construction that is not yet widely used because the municipalities are quite rude to accept it, and it is still little known to people. I think there is a huge lack of information on these structures, many people have asked me if they are sufficiently insulating. You should know that they are more insulating than those in brick, no additional insulation is necessary, only sheep's wool placed in the notches is enough (that's why Canadians have adopted this type of construction ).

I also wanted to add that I find it astounding to see the prices charged by my colleagues, on the pretext that these are ecological constructions. Certainly many people are ready to add the price but this is not to be taken advantage of. To encourage people to build organic, I offer cheaper prices than for traditional construction, the price per m2 is € 1.

I remain hopeful that progress will be made in terms of communication, tariffs and authorizations.
I invite you to visit our site: www.entreprisevillaprestige.blogspot.com
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Passive constructions

by bham » 09/09/07, 17:52

Villa Prestige wrote: Hello,
I am a builder of larch log chalets in the Hautes Alpes, but my business sector spans the whole of France.
It is a type of construction that is not yet widely used because the municipalities are quite rude to accept it, and it is still little known to people.

I know someone who does the same thing as you but in Douglas on the Moselle / Vosges and it is true that at the building permit level it is not easy.

Villa Prestige wrote:I also wanted to add that I find it astounding to see the prices charged by my colleagues, on the pretext that these are ecological constructions. Certainly many people are ready to add the price but this is not to be taken advantage of. To encourage people to build organic, I offer cheaper prices than for traditional construction, the price per m2 is € 1.

Which colleagues are you talking about? of those who make log or those who make other ecological constructions?
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 10/09/07, 08:48

Hello,
we can know what is the green roof? thank you. : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."