CO2 certificates or green certificates? Operation?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

CO2 certificates or green certificates? Operation?

by fthanron » 16/06/09, 23:59

Hello,

I saw a document on the site concerning CO2 certificates in Wallonia and I would like to know if there is the same thing for France ... goo ... was not very friendly with me on this one.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Frederic
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/06/09, 07:12

We may be defining green certificates for electricity so that our French friends know what it is.

The various European countries are committed to reducing CO³ emissions
Each state had to commit to a certain quota.
The burden of this quota has been passed on to certain operators, who must issue green certificates, in a quantity proportional to their production of renewable electricity.
Therefore, operators must provide a number of green certificates. Each missing green certificate results in a European fine of 150 euros.
Small producers, for example owners of solar panels, are allocated 7 HP per megawatt hour produced and can resell them to the highest bidder.
Currently, these CVs sell for around 95 euros each.
Electricity producers therefore have an interest in buying them so as not to pay the fine.

It is in fact a system of "subcontracting the production of renewable electricity" to individuals. It is individuals who invest and electricity producers pay them for it.
The economic interest: the private individual's investment only covers the equipment itself (panels, installation, inverters)
If a producer wants to invest, he should buy the land, build infrastructure, pay employees, etc.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/09, 10:55

The French system is completely different from the Belgian system, the Belgian system is more "complicated" (not to change!). My explanation will complete that of elephant, point of view "small project leader".

A Green Certificate is a "subsidy" on the virtual market for green electricity produced.

The more “green” MWh is, the more corrections there are on the CV and the more value it increases. This can surely be subject to variations. It is a virtual market which is added to the real market! Thus the Walloon green kWh is paid twice: once actually and once virtually!

Thus, you can very well use energy internally and benefit from CVs (impossible in France which is stupid), just add a lead meter to your energy source before internal use. It's an extremely interesting asset but can be the source of abuse (and I know what I'm talking about ... because I saw a real one)

In France, you sign a buyout contract on REELLE electricity injected into the network for X years with EDF and it does not move. This only concerns the real market!

Here is a complete document on the method of calculation of green certificates but maybe this is the one you're talking about?

Be careful as much in France as in Belgium, obtaining certification is not easy. Except on the PV where these are facilitated systems.

Here I think I have not told too many stupid things.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 17/06/09, 12:26

Thank you to you for these explanations.

Regarding the Christophe document, it is indeed this one that I am talking about.

So if I understand correctly, the CVs only relate to electricity consumption.
An individual / association / company which changes its heating system (eg from fuel oil to gas) and thus reduces its CO2 emissions can not consider anything with respect to CVs! Did I understand correctly or?
Ditto for someone who plans to isolate his habitat, no CV!

PS: I saw on this site: http://resosol.org/Gazette/2009/251p20.html that the calculation of the co2 emitted is subject to discussion in France, I quote "The Agency for the control of energy and the environment and RTE have thus shown that the CO2 content of the kWh supplied to the electric heating of homes in France is actually in a range of 500 to 600 grams. Electric heating in France is therefore much more emitting than gas heating (195 g / kWh) or fuel oil (310g). "What do you think?
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/09, 12:32

Uh yes that's it, it only concerns the GENERATION of electricity.

In my opinion you made a typing error: que = pas

On the other hand, on the "consumer" side, this concerns them but indirectly since the distributed CVs are collected at the level of large energy consumers ... as explained by Elephant.
0 x