Al Gore and the IPCC Nobel Peace Prize!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Al Gore and the IPCC Nobel Peace Prize!

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 12:08

https://www.econologie.com/prix-nobel-de ... -3504.html

I do not see where the peace with respect to the warming but the facts are the facts ... but to give a Nobel Prize for a film, I find it all the same "limit" ...to inform is good but Al Gore has not started to solve the problem ... am I mistaken?

Moreover, when we see what is happening in Africa, there would be other organizations that deserve this Nobel Prize ...

It reminds me a bit of the Palme d'Or 2004 for Moore's movie (very annoying in my opinion ...) on the 9 / 11 ...

The former US Vice President and the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) received the Nobel Peace Prize. They are thus rewarded for their contribution to the fight against global warming.

It's hardly a surprise so much he went favorite. The Nobel Committee has awarded Al Gore the Nobel Peace Prize for his documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" on the dramatic consequences of global warming. Also awarded with the former US Vice President: the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Giec) chaired by India's Rajendra Pachauri.

http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/monde/284238.FR.php

The world remains much more laconic:

Former US Democratic Vice President Al Gore and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2007 for raising awareness of the risks of climate change.

One hundred and eighty-one candidates were in the running for this Nobel Prize, endowed with 1,5 million dollars.

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/depeches/0,14 ... -37,0.html
0 x
Shai'ullud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Shai'ullud » 12/10/07, 13:43

Totally agree!

If global warming is a serious issue, it has nothing to do with the struggle for peacekeeping in the world.

Those who daily fight against ultra-repressive regimes must say that they would have done better to take their camcorder and turn a small video consensual that drives open doors.

This kind of price should not be influenced by the trends of the news if not, next year, why not Brigitte bardot for the protection of baby seals : Lol:

If they want to encourage environmental efforts, they just have to create a special price for it! My mom always says: "We don't mix tea towels with towels!" :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 14:12

Toutafé!

And not a Nobel Prize ... just the Environment?
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/10/07, 14:15

PEACE = fight against the warming .............. it is already very limit, but ESPECIALLY this Mossieur Al Gore was taken at least 2 times the hands in the jar of jam:

- It would have a house ENERGIVORE with swimming pools + multitude of energy-consuming parts beyond the reasonable (I do not have the details it would be necessary to look for) + vehicles 4X4 ... etc .. the good American made in USA.

- It moves commonly across the US with a personal plane so few people on board and much CO2 emitted.

This is really not the REFERENCE in ecology.

On the other hand the IPCC deserves this title but not "of PEACE" (the warming will perhaps lead to wars !! ?? this is what is eg implied in this Nobel Prize, ie preventive ??).

When I see what a researcher with no future earns like my daughter Doctor in oceanography - she has no more job in a month- (my daughter has provided the results of her doctoral thesis work on the increase of the level of the oceans to the IPCC) .... and what must be the lifestyle of a GOre Al (so pollutuion and CO2 that go with) is a bit of anything.
Al Gore was content to recover from all these researchers who work from the satellite infos and make a synthesis ... and Mossieur Al Gore only has to recover this work.

I will try to search for articles about energy wastage of the Al Gore family.
It is there => https://www.econologie.com/forums/jt-fr2-20h ... t3217.html
Steff put the story online .... where can we find it in econology?
Last edited by jean63 the 12 / 10 / 07, 14: 33, 2 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 14:22

jean63 wrote:This is really not the REFERENCE in ecology.

Toutafé but it is still the Top One of the billionaire who informs about the problem of the warming ... It is thus necessary to compare it to his fellow billionaires.

Do not stop with the 1,5M $ Nobel, I hope he will invest in solar home ...

jean63 wrote:On the other hand the IPCC deserves this title but not "of PEACE" (the warming will perhaps lead to wars !! ?? this is what is eg implied in this Nobel Prize, ie preventive ??).

That's what I thought at the beginning too ... Bush invented the preventive war so the world of fools in which a preventive Nobel Prize is nothing shocking ... except for econologists ...

jean63 wrote:When I see what a researcher with no future earns like my daughter Doctor in oceanography - she has no more job in a month- (my daughter has provided the results of her doctoral thesis work on the increase of the level of the oceans to the IPCC) .... and what must be the lifestyle of a GOre Al (so pollutuion and CO2 that go with) is a bit of anything.
Al Gore was content to recover from all these researchers who work from the satellite infos and make a synthesis ... and Mossieur Al Gore only has to recover this work.

Ben don't forget that Al Gore was rich ... BEFORE launching into this "fight" against global warming.

If not quite agree on recovery but who benefits from anyone in this world beats? Look at a journalist: he writes an article about a research topic and it's much more important to the newspaper than the interview reported to the researcher ... assuming it's paid ...

jean63 wrote:I will try to search for articles about energy wastage of the Al Gore family.

Good idea but it would be a cliché ... exactly like when we say that no leaders of the Vert (and Hulot and Bcp publicly morals ...) have solar installation at home ..

Although for Hulot I'm not even sure ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/10/07, 14:29

Do not stop with the 1,5M $ Nobel, I hope he will invest in solar home ...

I will tell my daughter to claim her due.

We hope that the 1,5 M $ will be SHARED between Al and IPCC !!!

Invest in solar at home : Mrgreen: : Idea: : Evil: , I don't even believe it. I certainly hope that this shame will go back to the "selectors" of the Nobel Prize ... : Evil:

By the way I found the subject on the energy expenditure of Al ==> https://www.econologie.com/forums/jt-fr2-20h ... t3217.html
Although for Hulot I'm not even sure ...

I think he has a bioclimatic wooden house .... to check.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 15:21

jean63 wrote:I think he has a bioclimatic wooden house .... to check.

Well that would be good news, surprising that we have not heard more than that ...

But bioclimatic does not mean 0 emissions ..For example a bioclimatic with a heat pump in Germany is the equivalent of the same house with a fuel oil boiler at the CO2 level in France ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/10/07, 18:14

does not prevent: nice this price! he will be able to pay his electricity bill ... : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Shai'ullud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Shai'ullud » 12/10/07, 21:15

jean63 wrote:[I think he has a bioclimatic wooden house .... to check.

Ben after burning 1 / 4 diesel reserves of the planet in his operation okavango, he may well have bioclimatic and solar and all that can be done!

For the coup of researchers underpaid it is clear that it's serious balls when we see how is distributed funding (my source: an archaeological dig near my home): the professor or doctor pockets the funding and sends his students do the job. While volunteering and at their expense, it is already beautiful that we provide them a subject for their thesis to these cons of future unemployed! : Evil:

And then we see on TV these great "scholars" lecturers explain to us how they laid their last book through hard work and years of reflections living in seclusion with only his books and ... a goat for company?
0 x
Poet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Poet » 12/10/07, 22:03

Christophe wrote:And not a Nobel Prize ... just the Environment?

Maybe there will be one in a few years.
Today a lot of people are talking about the environment and that's a good thing.
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."