The plant Energy

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
sarra83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The plant Energy

by sarra83 » 12/06/15, 16:08

The energy plant is a section of the New Factory site which offers articles, files, etc. on all aspects of energy: energy transition, fossil fuels, nuclear and renewable energies. Discover the different subjects and news treated by experts in the field. More info, visit the link:
http://www.usinenouvelle.com/l-usine-de-l-energie/
: Idea:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The energy factory

by moinsdewatt » 12/06/15, 17:06

sarra83 wrote:The energy plant is a section of the New Factory site which offers articles, files, etc. on all aspects of energy: energy transition, fossil fuels, nuclear and renewable energies. Discover the different subjects and news treated by experts in the field. More info, visit the link:
http://www.usinenouvelle.com/l-usine-de-l-energie/

Indeed, it is a link that I know well, I go there several times a week. :D
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/15, 19:42

Some information is only the resumption of dispatches or company press releases.

Other articles like this one engage in prospects and are quite questionable:
Electricity storage regulation: false good idea?
Posted on June 11, 2015, at 16:44 p.m.

The classic market-based electricity storage development model is now being called into question. Some regulators now propose to the extreme to regulate this activity and integrate it into the network activities (transmission or distribution of electricity). Vincent Rious and Sébastien Douguet, economists at Microeconomix, wonder if "the competitive model has had its day?"

Within the electric value chain, the storage of electricity is traditionally assimilated to a competitive activity, in the same way as the production of electricity. Storage operations are therefore based on trade-offs between the various electricity markets. So, like production, storage must be completely separate from network operators. Conflicts of interest between the competitive and monopolistic nature of these activities are thus eliminated, which ensures better functioning of the market.

The consensus called into question: regulation and integration of storage in network activities

This consensus is now called into question by new storage development models. In Italy, the electricity transmission system operator Terna has been authorized since 2013 to operate certain storage systems, remunerated by a tariff set by the regulator, in a similar way to network assets (lines, cables or electrical transformers). In Germany and the United States, various regulations are currently being implemented to stimulate the development of storage (for example: price incentive to couple batteries with local production, in particular photovoltaic in Germany, targets for installed storage capacity at horizon 2020 imposed on electricity suppliers in California).

This evolution is explained by the idea that current market rules do not allow storage to be developed and operated efficiently in all situations, ie at the lowest cost and providing maximum value for the community. On the one hand, it may be that market rules do not sufficiently compensate the various storage services for their value to the electricity system (for example: time flexibility, participation in the security of supply of the electricity system ).

On the other hand, some stakeholders expect better coordination between storage and network activities.
Thus, the regulated development of storage assets in Italy seeks to optimize their value in the constrained areas of the Italian electrical system, for example island systems or the south of the country congested by wind and photovoltaic production.

The competitive model remains relevant

However, the implementation of alternatives does not spell the end of the competitive model. On the contrary, market development remains relevant as soon as market rules allow remuneration for storage services in line with their value for the electricity system as a whole.

In good market conditions, the players should develop and operate the storage of electricity efficiently, ie at the lowest cost and with the maximum value for the community.
Alternative models are then justified by the fact that the markets are not (yet?) Suitable for properly valuing the services offered by storage. Faced with observed market failures, storage regulation or its integration into network activities would be complementary tools to market development.

It would only be implemented when systemic constraints (congestion on the network, isolated systems, market power) are the strongest. It would necessarily be dynamic and transient, and its evolution should follow the correction of market failures and the resolution of system constraints.

Vincent Rious and Sébastien Douguet are economists at Microeconomix

Expert opinions and points of view are published under the responsibility of their authors and do not engage the editorial staff.
I must say that I do not share the opinion expressed here which seems to advocate total deregulation, with the risks that this entails for the stability of the network.

When, in the preamble, the authors wonder if the competitive model "has had its day", they forget that this model is the current rule, and that it must be improved because no allusion is made to the CO2 impact of different production sources, nor the need to locate storage at the production sites of intermittent renewable energies.

Today, it is the cost of the network offer that determines our purchases.
Thus, we frequently shut down our nuclear power plants (raising the fuel rods) because the network supply is cheaper, whether in renewable energies but also and unfortunately in ultra-polluting fossils such as coal.

As such, France imports more and more energy because it is cheaper abroad and when it exports it, it is often under unfavorable conditions (sale of nuclear surpluses at negative prices, that is to say we pay those who get rid of our excess energy).

Finally, no vision of the SMART GRID (the intelligent network) which must be able to control the regulation according to the volumes stored.
This can only be achieved with real-time information on the quantity and power of energy made available by storage systems.
I add that the market must be managed at the local level with production and storage as close as possible to the needs.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/06/15, 20:28

citro wrote: France imports more and more energy because it is cheaper abroad.

if you are talking about electrical energy, please give us a concrete link with this statement.

For example a figure from RTE.

My data is

France remained the most exporter of electricity in Europe in 2014, with a balance of 65,1 TWh. Trade is export to all neighboring countries except Germany, with which the balance is importer up to 5,9 TWh

http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 67#p370967
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/15, 21:23

Sorry, I forgot to insert the link for RTE Eco2mix. :?

As I write, France imports more and more energy because it is cheaper than nuclear.
Regulation on the market is very economical, we buy "at the cheapest". It turns out that renewable energies have become cheaper ...

On the other hand, don't make me say what I didn't write, the balance is still in surplus, and we export more electricity per year than we import.

Only the profits of EDF melt because many of these exports are made at a loss (sale at negative price) to sell surpluses ...
Switzerland, for example, "buys" nuclear electricity at night to turbinate the water from its dams (to raise the water) and sell it to France the next day with the label "green electricity" for comfortable profits. (it cost them nothing).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/06/15, 12:18

Here, the title is clear: http://clients.rte-france.com/lang/fr/v ... n_annu.jsp

[this dates from 2009]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/06/15, 12:27

But in 2013 and 2014, the trend seems to have reversed sharply!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lect ... _en_France

[see the bottom of the document!]
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 13/06/15, 12:38

citro wrote:Sorry, I forgot to insert the link for RTE Eco2mix. :?

As I write, France imports more and more energy because it is cheaper than nuclear.
Regulation on the market is very economical, we buy "at the cheapest". It turns out that renewable energies have become cheaper ...
......).

and that is not true.

in http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lect ... _en_France
I read in the table Details of contractual exports and imports of electricity to / from neighboring countries

2010 imports: 37.1 TWh

2011 imports: 19.7 TWh

2012 imports: 29.3 TWh

2013 imports: 32.2 TWh

2014 imports: 27.3 TWh
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/06/15, 22:49

It is not always easy to extract the information received during a conference. :?

The presenter assured that the share of renewable energies in electricity imports was increasing, on the grounds that renewable energies were offered at a price lower than the cost of nuclear production.

By digging the data on the EPR, I found production costs that could reach 90 € / MWh or 9cent of € / kWh ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/06/15, 15:49

If it ever works, this bazaar, you mean ?????
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"