Problem of access to the site with FREE / Proxad?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Problem of access to the site with FREE / Proxad?

by Christophe » 09/07/06, 15:45

For some time now, visitors have told me about their difficulties in accessing the site /forum.

Apparently this would come from a connection fault between the server that hosts econologie.com and the Free provider (maybe others ???) in certain geographic areas ...

To my knowledge, it is impossible for me to test this connectivity remotely (if someone knows a method I am a taker) so I just wanted to ask 2 questions:

1) If you are at Free, do you have difficulties accessing the site /forum ? ( the question is a little silly because if indeed the subscribers do not manage to connect ....)

2) If you are not at Free, would you have any difficulties? If yes, who are you with?

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 06 / 08, 00: 48, 2 edited once.
0 x
fazer1k
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fazer1k » 09/07/06, 20:11

I'm at free, apparently no problem. I had problems with the site http://www.horizons-et-debats.ch but I posted on their forums and now it's ok
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 09/07/06, 20:12

I am at free, I have no problem at the moment, but I had problems accessing several sites.

The fault, for me, was the free DNS server (primary DNS and secondary DNS) which was fucked up.

Since I entered the IP address of a friend's DNS server, no problem. The net has become responsive again and everything is working wonderfully again! :)

It's up to you to find a DNS server that is going well and to enter it in the parameters of your connection ...

SixK
0 x
fazer1k
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fazer1k » 09/07/06, 20:20

Surely. Despite everything at the beginning I had entered the dns hard in my router, then I forgot ... And a few months later, noticing slowness, I put the automatic dns back and the speed returned. So since I'm upside down, I prefer to leave it as is. Otherwise, to see if a site is unreachable or not, I use Anonymize Online.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/06, 19:54

Access problem on econologie.com with Free - by Christophe on 17/07/2006: 19:42

For some time many visitors have told us about their difficulties to connect to the site.

After information, it seems that the problem came from the DNS of Free (French provider).

If you're at Free and you're having trouble accessing the site, you need to update your DNS.

You will find a list of DNS here http://www.zonehd.net/dossier/les-dns-d ... aut-debit/ some being public, they can be used whatever your provider.
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 18/07/06, 09:02

Hello everyone,

My ISP is FREE at home.
For me it is not connection difficulties, but an impossibility of connection. And this for about a good month !!

The DNS list is therefore welcome, provided that you can read it, so that you can connect ......

For my part, I watched with a "traceroute" what was happening, and this in the long term.
On more than 5000 daily attempts, the routers from PROXAD destroy at least 80% on average days.
On good days we have 60% of "losts" !!

I am located in the PACA region, and this is only valid in this region. Tests in other regions have shown similar results.
Couldn't do better than 50% of "losts" !!
So problems at PROXAD with their routers !!
Unless in this way, they regulate the traffic and do not filter the accesses without saying it !!!!! : Evil:

So I'm going to try to change the DNS and keep you posted on the results

Obelix
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 18/07/06, 09:18

I'm at Free, in the office and at home, and everything works perfectly.
On the other hand, I noticed well for 2 weeks approximately certain slowness at the level of DNS. The above list is welcome, I will modify my /etc/resolv.conf ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 20/07/06, 09:25

Hello everyone,

Test results declared in my last post !!

Nib from Nib !!

I tested one by one the various FREE DNS no improvement !!
I tested the "public" DNS no network available !!

So I no longer have a home link for the site "econologie.com" : Evil:

While doing my tests, I even noticed that it tended to deteriorate more and more !! : Evil:

I remember that I am in the PACA region and on FREE !!

See you soon maybe !! If FREE services want it !!

Obelix
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/06, 10:38

Obelix wrote:I remember that I am in the PACA region and on FREE !!

Pfff is the 2nd region of France in terms of population ... thank you Free !! :(
I don't really see what I can do ... apart from yelling at my host ... but that won't change much ...
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 20/07/06, 11:09

To see where exactly the problem comes from, people who have access problems should try to access the site directly by its IP address: 80.247.227.184.

It would tell if it is a DNS problem or not.
You must put in the url bar: http://80.247.227.184
0 x