LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), an infinite number of constructions Free!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), an infinite number of constructions Free!

by Christophe » 13/03/16, 21:05

I discovered this weekend the LDD app (Lego Digital Designer), a little by chance, while watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RadluR8vbDI

This is a LEGO model design soft, not just with the base parts but with (I think) all existing LEGO model parts (and maybe even those that do not really exist with all the variants). of colors via the app!)

LEGO has put the software for free download here: http://ldd.lego.com/fr-be/download

It is this software that should certainly be used by engineers at LEGO to design the new models ... before making it public! And it certainly still is (with probably some differences with the "public model)

But beware: LEGO has not made it completely "free" available to everyone ... indeed, there is a kind of "marketplace" where everyone can post their models, it's the LEGO IDEA concept: https://ideas.lego.com/

If a model gets enough votes (10 anyway ... and most do not exceed 000 to 200 ...), then the "real" engineers at LEGO will study a possible marketing (no kidding ... C ' is beautiful web 300 :) )!

In short, all this to tell you that it's pretty cool! Here is the model that I made with my little one of almost 6 years old (in "pirate" mode at the moment) today and this in less than 2 hours (learning included ... well let's say that I placed 80 % of parts and he 20 ...) ...

LDD_pirate.png

Important thing that I took a little time to understand: the LDD software is programmed "as in real life" ... That is to say that you cannot assemble 2 parts together which could not fit in real life! That is to say that we need an "assembly" compatible between them ... logical if programmed at the base for the LEGO engineers!

But beware: the RDM is not taken into account (the weight and inherent resistance of the parts ...): you can assemble 10m of part without it "blazing" ... hey must not push anyway :)

In short all this to say that this little app is excellent for their (and our) creativity!
Because it gives access to ALL the LEGO directory (thing, in reality, hardly conceivable ... except for the sons of billionaires or employees of LEGO)

Here is the model of the 3m Titanic long (about ... the information on the LEGO website is wrong I think seen the video above):
Titanic_LDD_Corrected.zip
(926.4 KB) Downloaded times 328

The base file is the .LFX, a search on google will bring you hundreds of them (on LEGO Ideas, the .LFX are obviously not downloadable ... at least not in "visitor" mode ... and it is pity...)

Warning LDD is quite "greedy" ... for example: impossible to copy 3 Titanic hulls on my 2014 PC without the software crashing ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), an infinity of free constructions!

by Christophe » 13/03/16, 21:14

Ah and why talk about econology?

Simply because it allows to have fun and create thousands of buildings without having 1 real LEGO coin in the hands ... rather green on this point of view no? :)

Economical too: because when we see the price of the beautiful model of LEGO currently (in the 100 € for a boat 50 cm long) ... waaaw that makes CO2 and pollution saved!

Obviously some will say that it is better for a child to have "real" in their hands ... and they will be right!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/16, 21:28

Oh, the first thing we did with my baby was an army of NinjaGo (the other thing in fashion) against uh ... metroids I think?
Nijago.png

Difficult to have as many identical pieces in real (nothing that's already 50 € at the least!) ... and for the little ones ... the real, the virtual, it's kif kif ... what really matters is that it makes them happy and awaken their creativity !!

ps: there are more villains because NinjaGo bin they win all the time !!! It's not me it's Aurel who said it! : Cheesy: (I do not know anything about NinjaGo!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/16, 10:51

Bin what? Are there more big kids here?
I am sure that if! I know you friends lol :D :D

Ah, I forgot to specify: LDD also manages the "Mindstorm" range: technical motorized robotic and programmable lego ...
On the other hand LDD obviously does not manage the simulation of movements / programming ... too bad ... well it's already good!

Here is a demo model with its beautiful RJ45 port!
mindstorm.png

Small video with generation of the assembly instructions (ah yes I forgot to tell you this function of LDD: self generation of the assembly instructions! Nice! By cons very long to calculate for complex models: just the shell of titanic above 10% after 10 minutes ... so I canceled ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmAGNTbuP8s
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/03/16, 11:17

wauouh, he is your boat! :D

I still think that not to hold and build with his hands the models lack a little charm.

the interest on the other hand, one can conceive what one wants without limit.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/16, 11:42

Ah ah ah :)

Yes gun canon ... you said the boy is in pirate mode, so it took a lot lol ... even if physically such a boat could never carry as many guns ... Good it is not LDD Catia lol https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CATIA

Of course that in virtual the LEGO is "less good than in real" (for the moment ...) ... it does not prevent the little one spent there 2 hours yesterday at 6 years old including a good half hour 100% all alone!

Proof that this attracts the very interest of the little ones ... here I am sure he said he did the lego engineer this weekend to his friends at school this morning lol
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/03/16, 19:23

1 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"