Burn a video on DVD to read it on a living room

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Burn a video on DVD to read it on a living room

by bham » 20/08/08, 17:52

Okay, well, I'm stuck, if a good soul could help me.
I would like to burn videos from the net to DVD so that I can play them on a home DVD player.
The catch is that it seems less simple than expected. My goal is to be able to pass the DVD to everyone, so that it can be read by all living room DVD players.
I tried with a DVD RW +, my player does not read it (Sony).
Already to burn, with Real Player, you have to download a 14-day trial software then paid.
With Nero it's no more convincing.
In short I dry on all fronts : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 17:55

The simplest: you buy a divx player at 30 € ...

It reads the native .avi .mpeg file ... and you will put up to 12 hours by DVD! : Cheesy:

I have a peekton for 2 years that works nickel. Here I will make an ad!

Otherwise you would have to try to find an Open Source editing software.
It would also interest me (for neighbors and friends who are not yet at the divx). You watched on www.framasoft.net ?

I didn't know that Nero could make living room DVDs ... can we make personal menus?

ps: Sony is the brand to avoid if you are looking for "compatibility" :( you will know for later ...
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 08 / 08, 18: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/08/08, 18:02

Christophe wrote:The simplest: you buy a divx player at 30 € ...

It reads native .avi .mpeg files ...

I have a peekton for 2 years that works nickel. Here I will make an ad!

Otherwise you would have to try to find an Open Source editing software.
It would also interest me (for neighbors and friends who are not yet at the divx). You watched on www.framasoft.net ?...

No I'll see but say see the videos on the net are all compressed> divx? because as you say it would be good if everyone could read the DVD qq is the reader.
When you buy a commercially recorded DVD it can be read by all readers, right? so why doesn't it work from the PC?
Christophe wrote:ps: Sony is the brand to avoid if you are looking for "compatibility" :( you will know for later ...

Ah thank you, I made the right choice then :frown: in addition it is a shit so much that it is slow and noisy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 18:05

Well ... currently I do not think there are still new DVD players that do not divx if?

Ah well in addition it is rotten your sony? So sell or give it and buy a divx player ... sorry I insist but ... it will relieve you :)
(not very economical but the hours spent pissing you off at converting does that also count right?)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 18:12

http://www.framasoft.net/article4552.html
Cado!

DVD Flick

DVD Flick allows you to transform your videos into DVD readable on a living room deck.

After adding one or more videos, additional subtitles or sound tracks, just launch the encoding to recover an ISO image to be burned by your favorite burning software [1], the software using free software by default but owner, Imgburn.

It is also possible to chapter the different videos according to different parameters: a chapter every x minutes, x chapters in the video, or even 1 chapter per video. We regret that it does not create a main menu like other software [2], and not being able to edit the chapter manually [3].
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/08/08, 18:18

Christophe wrote:Well ... currently I do not think there are still new DVD players that do not divx if?

Ah well in addition it is rotten your sony? So sell or give it and buy a divx player ... sorry I insist but ... it will relieve you :)
(not very economical but the hours spent pissing you off at converting does that also count right?)

So you confirm that the videos on the net are all compressed, so in divx?
For my Sony, I have to check, it must read the divx but the mess also comes from different formats R + R-.
As for being pissed, I agree but you almost have to have an audiovisual license to buy compatible gear that goes well with everything.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/08/08, 18:20

Oh thank you go try that right now and i'll keep you posted
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/08, 18:26

It depends on the age of your reader if he is less than 2 years old there is a good chance that he reads divx.

No, it's not just divx, there are dozens of codecs, but divx is the most common.

If your reader is divx compatible you have the logo on the front, you will see it quickly, it looks like this:

0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 20/08/08, 20:43

I may be silly, but why you do not simply connect the PC to the TV, that's what we did with my husband, it's really nice to see the photos with family! everyone benefits and we print direct for those who want a hard copy (like the same thing as no computer!)
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/08/08, 21:06

Good idea Hasardine but everyone does not have a PC at home, so to circulate a DVD, not top, unless you make a representation at home ....
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"