Mechanical discussion with my wife

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 22/02/13, 10:59

A few years ago after a collision I had to change some parts on my car (retro, door, hood, ...). Given the quote from the bodybuilder (approved) and the age of my car, I suggested to my insurance to put parts that were not brand so much cheaper.

The insurance and the bodybuilder had answered me in a way a little contemptuous that it was not serious to choose unbranded spare parts ... :frown:
(To note that branded parts who were replaced seemed still very light! I'm sure they were non-branded, cheaper brands and stamped with the brand logo.)

I just received the little monthly magazine of my insurance and what do I read: "If you need to change parts on your old vehicle, choose parts that are not from the brand instead: they are also reliable and less expensive!".

I believe that the insurance companies have finally understood that French automobile manufacturers have a strategy of force-feeding on spare parts! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 08/12/13, 14:26

My wife, it took me two hours to teach her how to drive my 12t truck.
The next morning when I woke up, she had already left with the truck ... (rest assured she came back, with the truck full of wood).

Regarding the brands of parts, there is a large share of poison in the "public" information, because most of the parts come from the same manufacturers!

And the published tests sometimes border the ridiculous (example seen on the tv comparing on circuit of brake pads of origin lapped with new pads not rushed, almost destroyed during the test ...)

But there are still cases of very poor quality parts.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 08/12/13, 14:44

lejustemilieu wrote:Diesel, guys! diesel....
But the pot is not of origin citroen (berlingo)
Copy made by whom?
(it's a weld that has let go)

Since the original one had also broken, maybe it was the same welder :P
0 x