Storing rainwater: finally an affordable solution?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Did67

Storing rainwater: finally an affordable solution?

by Did67 » 12/08/12, 18:50

For a long time, I have been tickled by the idea of ​​storing my rainwater.

But until then, for significant volumes (such as 10 m3), the prices were very high. Like 2 euros ...

I have just discovered flexible PVC tank offers at 600 http://www.la-citerne-verte.com/recuper ... .htmleuros for 10 m3:

Of course, it takes up space, and it's ugly!

I have room.

And I think of integrating it by surrounding it with a wooden cladding + above a frame of slats (like carport) planted ... We will only see fire!

And with that, I will be able to garden without scruples (watering with drinking water stressed me a little ...). The increase in my production should reimburse the tank ... And even, finally, maybe set up a greenhouse (in which watering is compulsory!).

Luckily, my garden is far downstream from the house. So I will be able to position the tank halfway: low enough for rainwater to rush in without pumping; and high enough in relation to the garden to hope to install a very low pressure drip (even if it means exaggerating the connection times) ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/08/12, 23:03

flexible non-food PVC, therefore with phthalate as plasticizer ...

at my house I’m cheaper: a 1,2m high sheet metal circle like an above-ground swimming pool ... the sand bottom, and a polyethylene sheet for greenhouse to serve as liner

no cutting and welding, it just makes creases on the vertical walls

plastic for greenhouse being available in 8m wide it allows to make large tanks

polyethylene for greenhouse is of much better quality than that for silage tarpaulin which is too biodegradable

this tank is in the open air ... the water is always green ... the tank has been there for 20 years polyethylene is always good at the bottom ... it starts to fall apart above where it is discovered when the tank is not full

by making a tightly closed roof, the polyethylene would no longer take the sun and last even longer, and the water would remain clear instead of always being green
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/08/12, 00:43

I read on the site
Our products are certified food contact (IANESCO Homologation)

And for 100 € more you have a 15m3, which further reduces the price per m3
Personally I put in my favorites, you never know
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/08/12, 11:45

chatelot16 wrote:
at my house I’m cheaper: a 1,2m high sheet metal circle like an above-ground swimming pool ... the sand bottom, and a polyethylene sheet for greenhouse to serve as liner

I looked at the "silo" side in rimmed corrugated iron ... Not found that cheap!

After, obviously, in the recovery solutions, for those who have opportunities, it is sure, it is even cheaper. There are also the tanks of petrol stations which disassemble (it closes every day), degas ... For those who have an opportunity ...

Indeed, there, the PVC is indicated "food". However, to water my garden, traces of phthalates may be adsorbed / destroyed by the soil. Between the children's bottle and a sprinkling water cistern ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/08/12, 12:33

the corrugated iron silos are too expensive! the ripple is useless: the 0,8mm flat sheet stands upright by itself without any reinforcement

it is like the above ground pools: you have to make a 20cm leave in sand between the ground and the bottom of the sheet so that the plastic which seals does not make a hernia passing under the sheet

I had recovered from an ironworker an end of sheet metal coil 1,2m wide and 0,8mm thick, I made myself a tank 3,5m in diameter which stands alone ... assembled by a row 5mm screw

and a 5m diameter pool with a rigid circle to strengthen the edge so that we can lean on it

I also made a grain silo of 2,5m in diameter and 2,4m high which holds very well without reinforcement either ... assembled by welding with acetylene

without having the chance to fall on a roll of sheet metal it is necessary to assemble by screw galvanized sheet metal of current size

it is also possible to make a round agglo wall with some concrete iron chaining to resist the push of water: it is more expensive than in sheet metal but more durable
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/08/12, 13:25

OK !

I struggled to find a reasonable price, but indeed, it is playable!

For your information, without ads: http://www.leboutte.be/catalogue_fr_Met ... nisee.html

57 euros for 3 mx 1,5 m in 1 mm

With 3 sheets, you have a perimeter of almost 9 m, a "useful" height of 1,25 m

So a radius of about 1,4 m.

Or a volume of approximately 7,7 m3. For 3 x 57 euros. Excluding screws, plastic ... and work! Well, a big pastique like that, in one piece, it should not be given! At least a width of almost 6 meters is required.

But indeed, it is unbeatable!

To avoid algae, a black tarpaulin on it? (if I want to drip, do not block the drippers!)

Thank you, I will probably change plans!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/08/12, 13:53

a black tarp for a pile of silage on it is the solution to avoid algae

with a hole in the middle to prevent rainwater from accumulating in the tarpaulin
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/08/12, 15:49

at the large hardware and steel merchant in the corner, the galvanized plates 1,5m x 3m are 40,2 euros excluding tax in 1mm and 34,8 euros excluding VAT in 0,8mm

0,8 is quite rigid: this is the thickness of the car body
0 x