10 000 members ... but few exchanges: pkoi?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

10 000 members ... but few exchanges: pkoi?

by jean63 » 24/10/07, 14:49

I notice that exchanges are more and more rare.

It is common to post an interesting and new topic without any reaction, which was not the case a year or two ago.

Well, it's true that you can't always be glued behind your screen ....

It seems that "notify me when a reply is posted" does not always work.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/07, 16:07

Yes and there are more and more visitors ... in short, always: "I take information but I'm too lazy (among other things) to register and give my opinion or my advice ..."

It's a shame but what can we do about it?

Otherwise I allowed myself to add a link:
Unanswered subjects at the very top of the forum in order to precisely "boost" the subjects remaining "orphan" of answers ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 24/10/07, 16:10

Thank you Christophe.

Impressive: 518 unanswered subjects :!:

It would take a long time to intervene everywhere.

Do you have attendance statistics to know if there has been a big drop in the past year?

There are approximately 600 members out of 10 who have written at least one post. So the others just signed up.

If we looked more closely at the number of msg, we can understand why we come to this. And then there are a lot of people who have to "flutter" with the multitudes of possibilities of the Internet. It would take several lives to do it all. There may also have been a "Grenelle de l'Envir" effect, people went to post their contribution on the government site.

It seems that "notify me when a reply is posted" does not always work.
............what do you think ? I have the impression of not having been informed on old subjects (moderately) in which I had participated.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 24/10/07, 18:25

Why?

Well I think it's the representative percentage of madmen like us out of a population; around one hundred workers out of 10 thirsty for information

which makes ... mmmmmh ... by removing too old and children 50% x 0.1% x 65 million of the population to be captured

i.e. around 3250 active members in France

Congratulations Toff !! by yourself you get 3% of active internet users !! :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/07, 19:12

jean63 wrote:Do you have attendance statistics to know if there has been a big drop in the past year?

Of course I have stats ... there has been a rather big increase in the past year ...

jean63 wrote:There are approximately 600 members out of 10 who have written at least one post. So the others just signed up.

In fact the 10 000 members are the members of the newsletter not those of the forum, On the forum "we" are 4580 registered members precisely this evening ...

jean63 wrote:...........what do you think ? I have the impression of not having been informed on old subjects (moderately) in which I had participated.

Are you sure that on these subjects in question the box is "still" checked?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/07, 19:17

Capt_Maloche wrote:i.e. around 3250 active members in France

Congratulations Toff !! by yourself you get 3% of active internet users !! :D

Well no ... 4580/3250 = 141% Waw we have reached surunity !!! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 24/10/07, 21:01

For the subjects monitored or we are more aware, I think I have found the cause. It's something that happened to me from time to time. In fact I noticed that it was consistent with the moves or I was automatically dislodged by the forum.

After a while the forum asks me to enter my login and password (probably when the cookie that automatically identifies me expires). When it does, I don't notice it right away. It even happens frequently that it is because I no longer receive warning emails that I realize that I am no longer logged on to the forum.

Because when we come to consult a subject of forum without being logged in and deleting the warning email, the forum continues to consider that we have not yet seen new messages, and therefore stops notifying us of future posts.

The solution would be to put a 'timeout' which triggers the sending of a new warning message if the person has not returned to see the subject despite the first email ...

For my part everything returns to order when I return to the thread of discussions which I was no longer informed of developments.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/07, 21:29

This is a good explanation sam17 ... as I come every day I don't risk losing my session ...

For the others there is only one solution: do like me, spend every day on forums :) : Cheesy:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/10/07, 04:34

Hello

Same observations on the side of the Autand panton on Quand homme, few new assemblies and often results will follow afterwards ...
then nothing, either it is weak rop or it is excellent, then that guess secret ..
of 15% and 20% it is not annoying to speak about it.
Anyway, we haven't invented anything, we just have the assembly installed by making modifications.
What frustrates an experimenter is the non-repetition of the results

It is true that there comes a time once the figures are reached, we take more sporadic measurements, provided we have made a modification, so little to say.

Sometimes I wonder what has become of all the montages that are described on this forum ?
have they dismantled their assembly? or else they do like me, they put water, they roll and measure the consumption more, just monitoring the temperatures of the reactor and the good feeling of engine torque.

Andre
0 x
soulsouf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by soulsouf » 25/10/07, 06:02

Hello everybody

My first post when I have been registered for quite some time
Yes I am a "VISITOR". Yes I look at all the posts. Yes the philosophy of this site suits me (otherwise I would not have registered). But the level seems to me so high, that I catch complexes. (J I have a job very far from this kind of idea, a real change for me) But the important thing is that you manage to interest people like me. I want (like many others) to see the world change. If you are 100 doing things and we are 10000 watching, then it is not much in the end, but we are with you, even if we do not say and do nothing ... Now I learn every day (thanks to those who move .. I would see the ten rather than the hundred ..), and at one point I would pass the course (retired in my opinion) The message. Be patient you who are ahead. you can read the messages without being registered. But it's a kind of commitment to do it. Finally I see it like that ..

It was a little morning reaction from a registered visitor who never posts !.
Bonne journée.
0 x