What solutions to replace fuel?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
iverson
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What solutions to replace fuel?

by iverson » 13/10/06, 12:18

Hello,

I looked at the forum and I deduced from this that to replace the fuels in our cars there will be as possible solutions:

- biofuels
-Hydrogen (with fuel cell? Is it necessarily linked?)
- Electric cars
- Natural gas

Is that right? Or are there others?

Thank you in advance
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/10/06, 13:04

:frown: The solution is not to replace fuels, but rather vehicles and our modes of travel.

That said, as we cannot do it, in an easy way and that it is necessary emergency To reduce our pollution and the consumption of fossil resources (CO2 emissions of fossil origin), biofuels are an alternative solution but which is not enough to keep the French fleet running with the cultivable land available.

On many points, hydrogen is a false solution (production and storage costs).

Electric traction is the best way to move a vehicle, but many lobbies are blocking its development.
For long journeys the batteries are replaced or assisted by another source of energy convertible into electricity (fuel cell, generator ...)

LPG and Natural Gas (NGV) are fossil energies, we must prefer biogas which is used as gnv and which is produced from waste as in Stockholm since 1998. In the 60s a farmer produced himself his "manure gas" to heat his home and fuel his car. 8)

Finally, very often we could use smaller and lighter vehicles with, 2, 3, or 4 wheels with a much higher efficiency ... :frown:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 13:10

0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."