Soon a vegetable oil tractor at John Deere?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Soon a vegetable oil tractor at John Deere?

by Christophe » 15/02/10, 17:56

Towards an optimized model of vegetable oil rolling tractor

At the end of 2005, the John Deere company had started a project to test the feasibility of adapting a tractor to the use of vegetable oil as a fuel, while maintaining the demanding quality standards of the company. The results obtained meanwhile are promising. However, further studies are needed before deciding whether the manufacturer John Deere is going into factory production and placing on the market a vegetable oil tractor.

From spring 2009 to mid-2011, private customers will test the new tractor in practice in Germany, Austria, France and Poland, as part of the European research project "2nd VegOil". The results of these tests and the development of the market in the future will determine the opportunity to mass-produce a John Deere tractor capable of running on vegetable oil. Same Deutz Fahr and Fendt companies already produce tractors that run on vegetable oil. However, the John Deere model would bring a novelty: a system based on a single tank.

Until now, the use of vegetable oil as a fuel presupposed the completion of a development of the vehicle by a garage, for about 1.000 euros. This, however, resulted in the loss of the warranty against possible engine damage. The growing importance of vegetable oil as fuel, particularly in agriculture, has prompted the industry to think about new models of farm vehicles.

Adapted John Deere models are machines equipped with 6 engine cylinders. A vegetable oil tractor with a single-tank system does not require the addition of an additional tank and switching between diesel and oil systems. The microelectronics software, the fuel pump and the entire circuit have been optimized to meet the particular requirements of the use of rapeseed oil.

In bench-top and field engine studies, it was found that safe operation and compliance with emission limits are only guaranteed if the fuel used contains almost no calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. In addition, the addition of a specific additive is necessary. A secondary result of the project is that the composition prescribed by DIN V 51605 on rapeseed oil is not sufficient to ensure clean combustion. It appears that components such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium need to be taken into account more.

The project was carried out in cooperation with the United Workshops for Vegetable Oil Based Technologies and the Chair of Piston and Combustion Engines at the University of Rostock. It was supported by the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV), via the Specialized Agency for Renewable Raw Materials (FNR), which manages the "raw materials" support program. renewable "on behalf of the ministry.

Source: http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... /56851.htm

ps: and the water doping + hvb to limit the soot ... They could think about it anyway these dear engineers ... : Cheesy: :?
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 16/02/10, 17:36

it would be good! but it may be the beginning of a shortage of food if this oil is taken from food

this would be more interesting
"The invention of Brown would roll for one year with 37,8 liters of water and that kits would be marketed for everyone to run his engine for 300 400 dollars.

see "brown gas"
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/02/10, 18:34

zorglub wrote:
but it may be the beginning of a shortage of food if this oil is taken from food

We have to relocate in the agricultural context (John Deere is a tractor costructor):

- until recently, European farmers had to leave 5% of their farmland fallow

- then they were allowed to produce their HVB for use on the farm (not on the road) (even in France, however much more restrictive than germany - it is a raticle of the law of orientation 2006 Farm - from memory, date).

- a few years ago, the Germans "tested" in real conditions the use of these HVBs on "ordinary" transformed tractors; this revealed the risk of engine failure due to the mineral content of rapeseed oil

- HBV has a much better overall yield than "bio-ethanol", given the absence of transformation: simple pressing / filtration of the seed; the obtained cake is an excellent nitrogen supplement for the nutrition of the cattle ...

But the problem is real if it should be generalized to the whole transport!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/02/10, 18:44

zorglub wrote:
"The invention of Brown would roll for one year with 37,8 liters of water and that kits would be marketed for everyone to run his engine for 300 400 dollars.

see "brown gas"

Hazard ??? The pub was just above ... Bravo, econology!

What is this joke ???

You use electrical energy to electrolyze water (this is stated surreptitiously, without lingering) ...

You burn the result in your engine, with a yield say 35%.

So your 100 joules starting, you recover 35 say in mechanical form at the end of your motor shaft. You lose a little in the belts, the alternator and you find 30 in your battery ...

You use your 30 joules for electrolysis ... You get 1 / 3 gas that you have consumed ...

Indeed, you will not consume a lot of water!

What a joke!

And to say that it is always dreamed, the engine stroke to the water!

I think I will invent an "ash boiler" .... and make a fortune
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/10, 18:49

Did67 wrote:Hazard ??? The pub was just above ... Bravo, econology! What is this joke ???

Hu? : Shock:
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 16/02/10, 20:33

What is this joke ???

prank call ? not so sure given the experiments done by brown, the buried evidence, and the wretched "scientists" who dare not explain what they saw. not to mention the rest ........;
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/02/10, 09:21

Christophe wrote:
Did67 wrote:Hazard ??? The pub was just above ... Bravo, econology! What is this joke ???

Hu? : Shock:

Yes, yes, at the time I was reading zorglub's post, the "banner ad that" gets embedded "between two posts was that of the company that markets the" generator "of hydrogen / oxygen". I forgot the name of the box ...

So I found that econology (or the box that manages the ads?) "Targeted" really well ...

My apologies if the "what is this farce ???" was stuck. It did not concern "econology" (I admitted that there is advertising and not discuss this point; I "pass", that's all ....).

It concerns my appreciation of the video I saw on the site in question: talk about fuel economy without mentioning the power consumption of the bidule and where does this electricity, I call it a joke ... I think how nice I am!
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 17/02/10, 10:18

what you saw on the clip has nothing to do with the brown gas (if only a commercial drift)
nb: what changes anyway is the power delivered by hydrogen during the explosion (2 2.5 times that of kerozene)

to see rather "brown gas" on google (or other)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/02/10, 12:45

zorglub wrote:
what changes anyway is the power delivered by the hydrogen during the explosion (2 2.5 times that of kerozene)

Certainly !

But 2 H² + O² give 2 H²O (that is to say the oxidation of hydrogen gas - explosive when the gases are in the right proportions) releases exactly as much energy as the electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen did not consume ...

So there is no point comparing to kerosene!

Except to believe in the miracle of the spontaneous creation of energy, one returns to what I wrote above ... You gain at the level of the motor the third roughly of what you will have lost at the level of the alternator ( except to empty the battery, but it will recharge too ...).

Hydrogen, in this case, in hydrogen engines (very serious) is only a "vector" of energy, like electricity in the electric car or compressed air in the car. compressed air ...

The real question: at the beginning, what energy is there?

The only convincing case being Iceland, which manufactures H² from true geothermal energy (given its particularly active subsoil) and which therefore initially has a "renewable" source (not really, but at least " infinite "on a human scale) of energy, non-transportable, which it can be" smart "to convert into transportable H² ... (possibly even with an output that is not ideal).

But to produce the H² in the car from the electricity produced on board by the alternator, it's like a snake that wants to get fat by eating its tail ...

Or, it is a fundamental principle of thermodynamics (that of the conservation of energy) which is on the ground! Everyone is free to believe it (and obviously, to evoke the "conspiracy" of official scientists ...)
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 17/02/10, 13:27

which is to say that you deny what Brown did and what he wrote
in the same way that I can ignore your words
all that is written is not true, which is said either .....
but who to believe?
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."