Eco-friendly against biofuels

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Eco-friendly against biofuels

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 18:01

It’s off again (cf. here ) : Evil: We will "appreciate" the clearly extremist tone or even worse ... In short, that's good for the image of "ecologists" while I consider myself to be part of it ...

"Bio" fuels that are not green

Using ethanol, vegetable oil or any "bio" fuel is not, but not at all ecological. Indeed, a quantity of this so-called "green" gold comes from fields of sugar cane, beets, cereals, rapeseed, sunflower or palm, which have been taken from the tropical rain forest.

So using chicken fat, the last link in the food chain, is a mess and just plain dementia.

Should we make billions of chickens live in narrow cages so that they can better fatten and feed our cars?

Why not ask humans to roll their crate with biodiesel from their own fat?

Image Michel Walter for Terre sacrée on October 7, 2006.

http://terresacree.org/biodiesel.htm
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/10/06, 20:00

Hmmmm .... : roll:

He is a little intellectually limited the Michel Walter in question, or does he do it on purpose to create trolls?

Beets, sunflower and rapeseed taken from the rainforest, it can iron ...
Palm oil, he's right.
For chicken, he did not understand anything, it is (if it is feasible?) The use of a by-product considered as "waste" (excluding the fact that the chicken is NOT the last link in the chain since it is a prey, not a predator ...)

Anyway, what is this site? Who knows this?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 20:38

Doesn't that remind you of a certain rant my dear Bucheron? : Cheesy:

What is this site? Well a site of rather radical green ...

Necessarily amalagam is quickly done with econology .... and therefore all of us ... and that is what grieves me :(
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/10/06, 21:42

Christophe wrote:Doesn't that remind you of a certain rant my dear Bucheron? : Cheesy: [...]
You stay more measured, I think it's better ... : Wink:

I went to see this site and apparently it would be fine to use chicken fat to make fuel, knowing that the country produces a lot. It's waste recycling!

It's still a little different from the speech "We kill animals to ride"which all the neu-neus who responded on the site take up ... : roll:

The only thing that is possible is a drift in the breeding conditions to make the animals produce more fat but I do not believe it, it would not be profitable, neither energetically, nor economically ...

I'm not sure "people" can confuse this type of site with simplistic ideology and extremist phraseology with Econology, well at least if they have enough between their ears to think and rummage for 5 minutes. ..
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Green people against biofuels

by bolt » 09/10/06, 23:02

Woodcutter wrote:Beets, sunflower and rapeseed taken from the rainforest, it can iron ...

it depends on the reasoning:

The rainforest was used to make sugar cane,

Then this sugar came partly in Europe, (more competitive, multinational, etc ...)

Consequence: in Europe: too much sugar, therefore quotas (quotas = less sowing of beets, therefore replaced by sunflower, rapeseed ...)

Even if it is a bit simplistic, it is easy to understand that sunflower and rapeseed have taken the place of the forest.

Logically, if we cut down more forest than there is to cultivate crops to feed the world, prices will inevitably break their figure.

But hey, the technique, the genetics are also there for something, it advances faster than the population multiplies

we are so afraid of starvation
for example the sugar potential per hectare of beet has more than doubled since 1950

but pending agricultural prices : Arrowd:

While it is true that fueling agricultural products can increase markets, it is clear that this will not slow deforestation

Small consolation for the ecologists: part of this deforestation is replaced by our compulsory fallows (10% of the agricultural area)

I still hope that more deforestation will not force us to make 100% fallow : Evil:

Because it is exactly the same as with the textile that went to China (cheaper to have produced in a country where social laws .... you know ...)

sugar cane is still less expensive than that
In Europe, even if beets arrived free of charge at sugar factories, the sugar produced is still more expensive than cane sugar returned to Europe.

Why did we let textiles work?

to sell A 380, TGV ...
It is as if the textile workers had swapped their jobs to hire the workers of the A 380 etc ...

bolt
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/06, 23:07

Woodcutter wrote:I'm not sure "people" can confuse this type of site with simplistic ideology and extremist phraseology with Econology, well at least if they have enough between their ears to think and rummage for 5 minutes. ..

The future will tell ... I am not confident on this point ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Green people against biofuels

by bham » 10/10/06, 10:09

Christophe wrote:It’s off again (cf. here ) : Evil: We will "appreciate" the clearly extremist tone or even worse ... In short, that's good for the image of "ecologists" while I consider myself to be part of it ...

Even if this speech is indeed extremist, and your "buddy" Walter a little 1st degree, playing on the sensational, it nevertheless expresses the type of drifts towards which one risks going, to make a little profit, not to lose nothing of our automobile comfort.
It is certain that when we see what men are capable of doing as bullshit (speaking of chicken, I think of the manufacture of livestock feed that caused mad cow disease), we can expect the worst. The problem of animal fat, whether poultry or other is not a problem, the vast majority of the population is carnivorous and it is better to treat this fat to make fuel rather than burn it in cement factories ( What do we burn in cement factories after? : Lol: ).
The problem is that, rather than working on ways to reduce the consumption of our vehicles, we will seek to partially replace our hydrocarbons with plants or animals. And there obviously all the drifts remain possible, since we have a subsidized fuel. According to a friend, biology teacher, the production of ethanol costs nothing since it is a natural process of decomposition (you can confirm :?: ). Of course you have to do the installations. But for ethanol manufacturers, this is a good deal, as much as the installation of wind turbines to sell electricity to EDF. And so we can imagine that to inflate the volumes of subsidized ethanol, all the combinations will be good, including the purchase of Brazilian or Chinese ethanol (will know) at 3 cents to resell it to the State with a good benefit .
The ideal would therefore be that by using renewable energies, we set up a sustainable development system, transparent and respectful of the environment and man, in contrast to this excessive capitalism system.
0 x
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 10/10/06, 17:23

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:I'm not sure "people" can confuse this type of site with simplistic ideology and extremist phraseology with Econology, well at least if they have enough between their ears to think and rummage for 5 minutes. ..

The future will tell ... I am not confident on this point ...

I believe that extremists are often immediately cataloged.
Econologie has already won a few stars with the passing months and its (sustainable?) Development. No risk in my opinion.

For Bham: men are homnivorous it seems to me and not carnivorous. :P (I have said the same thing for years).

By cons Walter says something not so wrong (but he does not know the poor ... :| :

Which, in itself, would not be impossible. In our homes at the end of the wastewater evacuation (washbasin, sink, bidet ... but not the toilets) there are sometimes "grease traps" which make it possible to retain some of the fat that comes from our everyday life. days. Far-fetched idea but, who knows, if tomorrow it would be possible to recover it and treat it to be able to ride with it?
0 x
Marty
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/10/06, 17:26

vttdechaine wrote:Which, in itself, would not be impossible. In our homes at the end of the wastewater evacuation (washbasin, sink, bidet ... but not the toilets) there are sometimes "grease traps" which make it possible to retain some of the fat that comes from our everyday life. days. Far-fetched idea but, who knows, if tomorrow it would be possible to recover it and treat it to be able to ride with it?

Some treatment plants recover floating fats to make biogas ... Obviously it is still very rare ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/10/06, 21:10

vttdechaine wrote:[..] On the other hand the Walter says something not so false (but he knows nothing about it, the poor ... :| :
[...]
I liked the use of human fat made by Tyler Durden in "Fight Club" ... : Cheesy:

Here is a good source of supply: liposuction centers! 8)
0 x