ethanol

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 19/10/05, 17:32

Hi everybody

Here is the answer (perhaps) to our questions about the use of bioethanol in our cars.
A brazilian company with representatives in europe (excluding cee) sells a flefuel kit suitable for almost all injection cars. Here is the link http://www.abcesso.com .
So there are many things to modify on the injection to be able to roll with bioethanol. Apparently this system allows to start below 15 °, for T ° less than 0 they recommend to switch to bi-tank. We can therefore roll 100% essence or 100% bioethanol or with a mix of 2!
They announce an overconsumption of 20 30% with alcohol! By cons less polution and longevity of the engine. But because there is a BUT the price is not given, we must count 261 USD including shipping. I asked them if they were delivering in France I wait for the answer.
How did I find that? by typing bioethanol in ebay, do it, the result is edifying, we find books to make his own bioethanol at home and etc etc ...

I mail you the answers since I have them!

B)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/05, 17:39

Thank you for the info ... but the pb is not so much the price of the kit as the difficulty of finding cheap ethanol in large quantities!

We can therefore roll 100% essence or 100% bioethanol or with a mix of 2!

I do not understand ... alcohol is not missible with gasoline ... just as water is not with oil ...
0 x
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 19/10/05, 17:50

What they say on their site is that beyond 40% of bioethanol must switch to alcohol mode!
Now I do not know what percentage of pure alcohol they advocate.
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 19/10/05, 22:49

arffff doubted me ......... a double injection simply ........... it reminds me some montages on r21turbo made in sodemo

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 20/10/05, 09:18

something just came to my mind:
would it not be possible to run a motor retrofitted with bubbler with fuel as a simple marc consisting of water + sugar + yeast fermentation?
instead of passing this mixture in a still we would pass directly into the bubbler!
I add that we must let this marc for about 6 month if I'm not mistaken and I do not know the proportions
but apart from that, what do you say?
0 x
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 20/10/05, 11:03

Jean-Francois wrote:arffff doubted me ......... a double injection simply ........... it reminds me some montages on r21turbo made in sodemo

No, it's a box that changes the parameters of the injection, it's a bit like the chip tunning! the case is inserted between the computer and the injection.

I had confirmation we can order the system and have it delivered in France. Regarding the percentage of alcohol he tells me that in Brazil they ride with an alcohol 96% but that one can very well use E85? From what I could read the E85 would be ethanol 85% and 15% water. If someone has more info on it, I'm interested.

So, you just have to find bioethanol ... or make it!
does anyone know the performance of a still?
0 x
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 22/10/05, 00:27

silenus wrote:
Jean-Francois wrote:arffff doubted me ......... a double injection simply ........... it reminds me some montages on r21turbo made in sodemo

No, it's a box that changes the parameters of the injection, it's a bit like the chip tunning! the case is inserted between the computer and the injection.

I had confirmation we can order the system and have it delivered in France. Regarding the percentage of alcohol he tells me that in Brazil they ride with an alcohol 96% but that one can very well use E85? From what I could read the E85 would be ethanol 85% and 15% water. If someone has more info on it, I'm interested.

well if on the system there is a double fuel return at the injection rail the ok it could do (despite the risk of mixing 2 fuels during transitions) ......... by against if it's a simple case add-on ... knowing that the alcohols are not too miscible with the SP95-98 .......... will have to play pipes-fittings and valves 3 lanes ...... for my part I would have really thought about a device with a double injection (a system recovered in a breakage + modif of the cartography) the thing would be easy to manage

if not for the still ....... I only know those who cook the gnole hiiippss: blink:: blink:

0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)

... ______

... / ______ \

. (00 00 = H =)

..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/10/05, 10:24

The problem is not so much the yield. The problem is that it
must heat the product alcohol to extract the alcohol and that for
to obtain large amounts of alcohol, well you need some good.
As long as the fermentation stops when the% of alcohol kills 12
14% (if I remember well for port yeast).
Moreover if the HVB makes a timid break in the obtuse spirit of our politicians
the same is not true of homemade alcohol. I think it is preferable
to be pinched with HVB with alcohol in the tank.
easier to explain in any case it is certainly more comfortable
to explain the source. : Blink:

If not for the still home made version: a saucepan
pressure will do the trick.

The inmate had made a still

The list of the most unusual objects discovered in prison now includes the artisanal still! The supervisors of the Toul detention center (Meurthe et Moselle) did not know that a real distiller was occupying one of the cells of the establishment. A copper tube, a plastic container and a simple saucepan, all well hidden, constituted the equipment of this bank robber, sentenced to sixteen years in prison. very organized, the man supplied himself with apples and pears in the canteen in order to distill his nectar, of which twelve liters were seized. Titrating at nearly 60 °, the famous drop was described as "very good" by the police officer in charge of the case. (OF 26.05.03)
: Lol:
source: http://prisons.free.fr/news2003_1.htm

From a practical point of view it is by:
Those who will use the stuff below will, of course, only to have distilled water to put in their iron.
:)
http://parknewchoir.free.fr/hrdngl/gnole/distill.htm

To deepen the technique it will be necessary to buy the following book:
The modern distillation of fruits
A guide for distillers
by Hans Tanner and Hans Rudolf Bunner
translated by Daniel COLLE
Heller Editions - D - 7170 Schwäbish Hall (FRG)

Very complete and well done. But not give and difficult to put the
hand on it.

: Rolleyes:
0 x
silenus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by silenus » 24/10/05, 10:44

I found the info on the E85 is 85% alcohol and 15% gasoline, as for the alcohol that is used is 96 ° is 4% water.
So in summary in Brazil they roll either to the E85 or with an alcohol to 96 °.

Thank you for the info on the distilation but I was kidding : Lol: , I use between 1000 and 2000 liters of SP95 / 98 per year, if I have to distil so much alcohol I will spend all my holidays :D :D :D .

Jean-Francois actually I had thought of a bi-carburetion like you, but in fact 2 tanks, a single injection system but 2 injection returns! Are you getting burned at the Eprom of the injection of your cashier? it's interesting!

In terms of sp + alcohol blends I wonder if on the flexfuel cars there is not a fuel filter with a decanter of the same style as GO filters or a decanter for water just as before on the diesels!
0 x
zozolapatate
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Bioethanol production

by zozolapatate » 21/01/06, 16:43

Hello, I realize a TPE on the replacement of fossil energies (gasoline, diesel), I must realize an experiment to create bioethanol that I will run on a mower engine 4 time after extracting it ...

But by browsing all the sites I did not find 1 simple but complete diagram of bioethanol production ...

So my question is simple: how to make it?

I know that sugar or starch must be extracted from vegetables or sugar-containing stuff ... by simply putting them in the water?

And after how to remove the sugar from the water?
and the second phenomenon of "fermentation" that must be done? Add enzimes? do nothing?

Thank you in advance !

Nicolas
0 x