Diesel + LPG

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Diesel + LPG

by abyssin3 » 05/11/06, 01:11

Here is a post to reconcile Pro-diesel (like me) and Pro-GPL (like Jean63):
It is possible to run a dual-fuel diesel vehicle with LPG (~ 25% GO, 75% LPG), resulting in better combustion and therefore a saving (of?) Of around 40%. The process seems simple, it remains to be seen how much it costs:

http://www.ilovesponge.com/spongecars/diesel/diesel.htm

And another link on a forum LPG:
http://forum.aceboard.net/recherche.php ... iesel&go=1
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 05/11/06, 15:35

It may not seem super interesting like that, but it reminded me a little of the water doping that we also send in the air intake. And pantone, the gas of which is also combustible, certainly.
It could also raise the fact that a gas / liquid mixture burns better than a liquid alone ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 05/11/06, 16:07

abyssin3 wrote:It could also raise the fact that a gas / liquid mixture burns better than a liquid alone ...

Hello

for info, a liquid does not burn it always goes through a gaseous phase. put alcohol or gas oil in a lighted container and watch carefully, you will see that the flame leaves clearly above the liquid.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 05/11/06, 17:30

Well agree with you, moreover, even the diesel is sprayed to facilitate inflammation.
Having said that, having already gas in the reaction cannot which facilitate air / fuel mixing. So there is an improvement in efficiency.
:P
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/11/06, 17:48

zac wrote:[...] for info, a liquid does not burn it always goes through a gaseous phase. put alcohol or gas oil in a lighted container and watch carefully, you will see that the flame leaves clearly above the liquid.

@+
: Shock:

Are you really sure about that? I have some doubts ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Other

by Other » 05/11/06, 18:03

Hello,
To burn a heavy fuel like oil or large fuel oil, the solution of gasifying it to burn it is not the right one
it is best to spray it as fine as possible.
certain engine works with coal dust.
There have already been experiments to make a kettle with gasoline and send it in steam, this solution has not been retained, we prefer to inject in a microdrop, we can burn the heavy parts of the fuel better.
even a bubbler in a panton assembly does not produce gas in the bubbler but a fine white mist, such as nebulization, and despite this at the end of consumption there is a heavy part of the fuel which remains at the bottom of the bubbler (I speak powered nothing as petrol fuel) the residue is like petrol which has aged in a tank all the octane is gone. very quickly I gave up the bubbler. At 100% panton the consumption figures are not measurable because of the rest. An engine must burn all the fuel, gasoline is a complex mixture, of several components.

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/11/06, 18:45

This site also talks about it: http://www.iwemalpg.com/Diesel_LPG.htm

On the other hand, concerning their argumentation (already seen on the first site): "Normal Diesel engines are able to combust only 75% up to 80% of the injected diesel"there I allow myself to burst out laughing!

It is bullshit ! : Shock:

Finally, their examples of installation on models of the Land-Rover range are full of nonsense, if only by the fact that these models have NEVER received a 200 hp diesel engine (even if they are pure - English blood ...), especially in 2,5 l of displacement!
Already, that just put me off a lot ... :frown:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
zac

by zac » 05/11/06, 21:39

Hello

to meet lumberjack and andré

liquid fuels burn on their "periphery", if you observe (it's easier to see with "heavy" fuels).
combustion heats the fuel which volatilizes and there it burns in gaseous form.
that's why andré that your micro drops burn better than a bucket of oil; the surface in contact with the oxidizer (or combustion occurs) is much larger at equal quantity.
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 15/12/06, 00:16

Here is an article I just saw about a company that converts diesel trucks to Dual fuel Diesel / CNG:
the news: http://ecologie.caradisiac.com/Clean-Ai ... -Kyoto-873

And the company that does it: http://www.cleanairpower.com/
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/12/06, 15:14

Am I wrong or all the linked sites are in England?

And in France ?

LPG is so much the bane of all French manufacturers that it would surprise me that something like that crosses the Channel ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding