Citroën: pressure on biodiesel

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Christophe

Citroën: pressure on biodiesel

by Christophe » 09/08/06, 11:26

While the situation of biofuels in France is still blocked, it is advancing in the United Kingdom, thanks to French companies. Citroën and Total.

It is an initiative of Citroën England. The work vehicles of the Citroën headquarter employees in the UK will now be powered by 70% diesel / 30% biodiesel. The mention "This Citroën runs on bio-diesel" on the C4 of this page is a bit exaggerated, this car only partially runs in the bio, but it is probably that the manufacturer did not want to take risks. An HDI diesel like that of a C4 can probably accept a mixture with up to 20% crude vegetable oil, or up to 50% biodiesel, but the manufacturer does not recommend more than 30%, so as not to alter the performance or reliability of the car. English journalists will also have the opportunity to verify, since the cars that will be entrusted to the press (for the tests of auto journalists) will be powered with this mixture 70% diesel / 30% biodiesel.

The following : http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... ws_id=1318
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 09/08/06, 12:00

it's funny, citroen is yet a French brand, they could have the initiative to do it in France to start ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 09/08/06, 12:02

I like what they say at the end of the article:
"A spokesman for the Farmers Confederation, Olivier Laine, of Seine Mritime, was arrested last week by the Customs for having circulated in a vehicle running on crude vegetable oil.Holded 6 hours by agents of this administration, it has been verbalised for use of unauthorized fuel, while all of Europe is switching to biofuel, and when France is dragged before the European Court of Justice for failure to transpose into French law the 2003 / 96 / EC Directive on biofuel, the country's situation is not only scandalous with regard to the environment ... "
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/08/06, 12:27

abyssin3 wrote:it's funny, citroen is yet a French brand, they could have the initiative to do it in France to start ...

It's been 20 years that Renault sells Flex vehicles in Brazil ... and it will be almost 30 years lag when it sells in France ... (planned for 2008 no?)

This follows economic and non-ecological logic ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/08/06, 13:23

it seems to me logical that it is citroen england that launches here: I had English customers, they are really stingy.
that said, they have an interest in that it works, and bein, by asking for interventions under warranty, they are champions.

We must be stuck in the head that we will not immediately find the ideal solution to get rid of oil, but if, little by little we:

islands
stops heating the corridors of public buildings
installs powerful regulations
partially passes to the vegetable oil
transfers all fixed applications to electricity (thus nuclear)
installs solar collectors and wind turbines
thought about his movements
solar casting
manufactures vehicles + lightweight, better profiled
injects hydrogen into the engines or the pantone team,
etc.....

we will eventually progress
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/08/06, 17:34

The last paragraph of the nature engine article still really cool:
motor nature wrote:We dream of a total market freedom, where anyone can produce, sell, use any renewable energy, biofuel, electricity or biogas. Until when will we keep the potentate of the actors in place?

Total market freedom, we see what it gives to the US. Personally, I prefer some safeguards. Between "nothing is allowed" and "everyone does what he wants", there is a margin anyway !!!
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."