Good news from Switzerland

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Good news from Switzerland

by Charlotte » 13/10/06, 17:40

The production and distribution of bioethanol in Switzerland has obtained the support of the National Council (parliament). It remains to obtain that of the Council of States (Senate) to finally be the subject of a final political decision expected in 2008. The construction work is already well underway and await only this final green light to notably build a factory.

In short and in figures, 150 bioethanol distribution stations are planned and the short-term objectives are that motorists drive first with 5% bioethanol, then 10%, the final objective being 85% by "a good twenty years "and 25% of the biofuel produced in the country.

More details in this article: http://www.letemps.ch/template/suisse.a ... cle=191422

I wonder: 25% of bioethanol in the country, that's a lot of imported bioethanol and therefore gray energy and potential degradation due to transport and decanting. I suppose that it is a calculation that they made, in any case, Alcosuisse (the Régie des alcools, responsible for the project) seem sure of their coup. And quite serious.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Good news from Switzerland

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 17:58

Charlotte wrote:I wonder: 25% of bioethanol in the country, that's a lot of imported bioethanol and therefore gray energy and potential degradation due to transport and decanting. I suppose that it is a calculation that they made, in any case, Alcosuisse (the Régie des alcools, responsible for the project) seem sure of their coup. And quite serious.

+1
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/10/06, 21:52

what are their Swiss alcohols, kirsch, plum ..? : Mrgreen:
as we know them, it's probably expensive :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 13/10/06, 22:08

methyl alcohol enters into the composition of bio diesel so it is the Régie des alcools which manages the cotas
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/10/06, 23:04

binbin4 said

methyl alcohol enters into the composition of bio diesel so it is the Régie des alcools which manages the cotas

you didn't answer the question at all! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 13/10/06, 23:33

elephant wrote:what are their Swiss alcohols, kirsch, plum ..?

La Williamine, what a question ... : Shock:

as we know them, it's probably expensive

Yes, but it's excellent! :P
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 14/10/06, 05:09

Uh, it's good to set goals like that but where does all this alcohol come from ??

Switzerland is not big and considering the country I can hardly believe that the surface between the lakes, the cities and the mountains is enough ??

Already in France the total agricultural area is not enough ???

I will try to find a comparison, population, useful agricultural area
0 x