Image search on a scientific experiment

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
RiouJ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Image search on a scientific experiment

by RiouJ » 27/01/07, 08:03

Hello,

I am currently in first S with a subject of TPE which present the advantages and the disadvantages of biofuels.
To carry out my TPE, I would need an experience.

I was thinking of doing the famous test of the air filter which becomes black when it is presented to the exhaust pipes of petrol, ... but which would not become black in front of biofuels.
The teacher who supervises us told us that it was not worth doing it and that on the internet it was easy to find the experience.
Unfortunately, I have been looking for quite a long time and I still can't find even a picture.

Could you help me please ?
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Image search on a scientific experiment

by Woodcutter » 27/01/07, 23:50

Hi and welcome here.

RiouJ wrote:[...] I thought of making the famous test of the air filter which becomes black when it is presented to the exhaust pipes of gasoline, ... but which would not become black in front of biofuels. [...]
: Shock: Why are you considering doing such a test?
Who told you that you would see something with this test and how do you intend to explain it?

I'll tell you right away what I think about it: I think it has nothing to do with the origin of petrol, petroleum or agricultural products ...
And furthermore, petrol engines emit very few particles, in any case little enough so as not to blacken a white cloth easily.

I don't see how to help you, sorry.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 28/01/07, 00:57

And furthermore, petrol engines emit very few particles, in any case little enough so as not to blacken a white cloth easily.

Interesting to read when you write it !!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/01/07, 01:34

jean63 wrote:

Interesting to read when you write it !!
Again: you have a very partial view of the problem and my ideas! : roll:
0 x
RiouJ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by RiouJ » 29/01/07, 19:03

Ok, I thought the test was doable.
Too bad I managed to find video resources that will complement my TPE.
Merci à vous ;)

PS: Otherwise I would have interpreted it like this:
Imagine that we have two cottons: a white and a dark gray (black) full of crace particles. Respectively the cotton of a car using a biofuel and the other of petrol or diesel.
I would have concluded that biofuels pollute less, emit less pollution particles than petrol or diesel.
It would have been an experience for the TPE.
But never mind, if it is not feasible or finally if it does not give visible results.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/01/07, 00:36

RiouJ wrote:[..] PS: Otherwise I would have interpreted it like this:
Imagine that we have two cottons: a white and a dark gray (black) full of crace particles. Respectively the cotton of a car using a biofuel and the other of petrol or diesel.
I would have concluded that biofuels pollute less, emit less pollution particles than petrol or diesel.
It would have been an experience for the TPE.
But never mind, if it is not feasible or finally if it does not give visible results.
If you point in this direction, it is that you have an idea at the start, right? Any theory you want to test?
However I do not see what allows you to say that in theory a biofuel emits less particles than a petroleum fuel ... Their main interest is not there.
0 x