Clean fuel for aviation

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gaya
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Clean fuel for aviation

by gaya » 11/12/07, 13:45

can you tell me which are the clean fuels existing for the plane or the boat please : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/07, 13:49

Here is one:
https://www.econologie.com/makhonine-car ... es-66.html
et
https://www.econologie.com/essais-aviati ... -3306.html

But I doubt that your teachers will appreciate it because they will probably not know him ... :?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/12/07, 13:54

Hello,
what do you mean by "clean"? -)

who doesn't get their hands dirty there is wood if not, and its leaves to wipe, France is full : Cheesy:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/12/07, 13:55

makhonin?

but it's coal!

it's not clean at all, it gets your hands dirty, it blackens them! and it fouls the lungs! : Lol:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/12/07, 16:37

Hello
Not much clean on the horizon for aviation
most of the engines run on 100LL (low lead) leaded petrol, the two big manufacturers Lycoming and Continental have not even bothered to modify the valves to run on super unleaded automobile fuel, however there are still many low compression motors from 6.5 to 8,5
to function legally with auto fuel in an airplane, some modifications must be made and approved by an STC.
The main problem now is the ethanol which adds to the fuel, (corrosion if the exhaust valves are not adequate) and dilution with water of the fuel which forms flakes of ice in the conduits and filter, also vapor lock of these fuels at higher altitudes.

For pleasure boats they are almost all converted to unleaded automotive fuel
Anyway all the smoteur which works with Lambda probe the probe quickly clogs with lead.

Alternative fuel for 100LL in Sweden

http://www.iaopa.org/info/assembly21/hj ... /frame.htm

Andre
Last edited by Other the 11 / 12 / 07, 16: 49, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/07, 16:40

jonule wrote:makhonin?

but it's coal!

it's not clean at all, it gets your hands dirty, it blackens them! and it fouls the lungs! : Lol:

Yes except that its process is transferable to biomass ... it's BtL before time ...

Well, I believe :)

Otherwise from what I saw, light Brazilian planes use pure ethanol ... with small engine modifications.

Can you confirm André?

ps: your link does not work it is no longer necessary to use the tags [url]
0 x
Other

by Other » 12/12/07, 01:30

Hello

Otherwise from what I saw, light Brazilian planes use pure ethanol ... with small engine modifications.

Can you confirm André?

I saw this in magazines that 100% Etanol tests were done on aircraft I don't know if it's Rotax 912 engine (the most suitable for this experience)
Currently on certified aircraft, Lycoming or Continental engine
it only accepts 100LL and even some insurance does not cover when using gasoline. Those who have an STC
(kind of paper which legally certifies that the modification is made in the rules in accordance with the certificate of airworthiness) must ensure that the auto fuel does not contain alcohol itself detector for this purpose.
Oil companies are not required to specify it below 10%
The simple way to check the ethanol level in the fuel

In a 1 liter bottle we put 10cl of water we exactly level the level, we add gasoline to test, we stir the liquid, let it sit, if the water level has increased there is l 'alcohol ..

Andre
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 12/12/07, 06:34

Hello

Here is a link to a page presenting the Apex Aviation ecoflyer
Derived from the famous DR400, this aircraft is equipped with the Thielert TAE 125 engine which is actually a modified Mercedes Diesel engine for light aviation
This engine is certified with Jet A1 fuel (Kerosene) but could very well run on diesel and why not on vegetable oils
The possible problem with this last fuel would be the outside temperature, which decreases with altitude

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/colmar.aero ... oflyer.htm

A+
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 12/12/07, 08:58

Hello,
there are anti-freezing agents (the best for vegetable oil being kerosene ;-) and tank heating systems (by 90 ° coolant) or in bicarbruation kit etc ...
so it's not so much a technical problem.
I am talking about crude vegetable oil and not biodiesel (liquid oil esterification).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/07, 09:12

Toutafé would not diesel be a "clean" fuel for an airplane? In comparison with the fuel pit that are the lycoming engines (technology year 40) still in "service" because of the systematic lobbying on the standards that only large companies know how to do ...

So there are at least 2 diesel airplane prototypes (by the same author):
a) dieselis: http://membres.lycos.fr/dieselis/
b) the gazail: http://gazaile2.free.fr/phpBB2/index.php

Look at the performance in consumption at 100km ... it's better than most current cars ... and at almost 200 km / h !!

André, do you know Serge PENNEC personally it seems to me?
By the way do you know pkoi the name dieselis changed to gazaile?
0 x