green fuels, this is not all rosy

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gerald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald » 17/09/05, 08:45

Here are some things to think about
Farmers are subsidized for their crops. In addition to not paying the TIPP, the government also subsidizes me when I put oil in my engine. So let's not forget that the cost of biofuels is distorted.
For crops that are not intended for food, all drift in intensive cultivation with strong chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and GMO seeds are to be expected. Certain plants such as corn require abundant watering ...
I hope that by polluting the air less with our exhausts we will not pollute the earth more!
Gérald
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/05, 10:44

Many studies have already been carried out on this subject ... Obviously some are contradictory (the results according to the interest of the sponsor of the study generally :P ) Only one certainty: the HVBs have less influence than the Diester which requires much more energy for its transformation. However it is this last solution which is retained by the French government ...

Some studies are available on these sites: http://annuaire.econologie.com/index.php?p...page=0&cat=0010
In particular the Institute of Pure Oils.

Then I start to get tired of people who criticize the pollution of farmers by accusing them directly ... because:
1) It is generally not their fault (they must produce at the market price more or less set by politicians and consumers)
2) It is the petrochemicals which supply them with polluting fertilizers in excessive quantities ... and because of
3) In France, the worst is behind us: the quantities of fertilizers have been divided by 4 since the 70s

So buy organic or better biodynamic products, in order to no longer endorse these pollutions, but obviously it's up to you to get your hands on the wallet! Problem: we always want more for less ...let's not forget that a product that does not sell is no longer produced. The current situation (in many other areas too) is therefore mainly due to us, the consumers!
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 17/09/05, 11:17

Calm Cry-Cry,

no need to get angry like that ...

a- Gérald is more on the side of farmers ... (I know him personally)
b- It only emits a reflection which seems very fair to me ...
c- You agree that it is the consumers who guide the markets ... and the producers who adapt to them by hoping to earn their share with all the people they have on their backs ...

To extend:
Is it normal to subsidize non-native crops (like corn for industrial starch applications) when first-use crops (market gardening, fruit trees) are not ...
It would be tempting to see there a coalition between politicians and industrialists, right?
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/05, 11:45

I don't get angry ... I explain .. :P !

For the coalition, you said that for fun I hope ... since it is very obvious and it even has a name: a collusion
0 x
gerald
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald » 18/09/05, 08:08

I work with farmers on a daily basis. I deeply respect them.
Most of them are brilliant people with great adaptability.
Gérald
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/05, 09:04

Ok excuse me then ... I thought you were one of those revolutionary ecologists who criticize without understanding the globality of a problem ... The farmer I could meet were also interesting and cultivated people ... but disillusioned and tired of a system that grabs them by the throat that just curbs their adaptability ...
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 18/09/05, 21:47

And then you say that I'm the one laughing, arguing euphemisms :( :( :(

Message from my little wife (Gérald, she gives you a big kiss :P )
"
The agricultural population is an aging population. <_
Fewer and fewer young people are settling down because they cannot make a decent living in the face of a regulatory shackle and the resulting costs are always on the rise. : angry:
At the other end, selling prices are plummeting :( :(

The controlled development (for the benefit of the earth, I understand) of biofuels could be a lever for the sustainability of agricultural holdings.

In addition, fertilizers and pesticides are expensive;);)
Today, more and more farmers think twice before doing a treatment. : blink:: blink:
"
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)

i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong

ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 18/09/05, 22:00

We must also see the price of agricultural land that is taking off and the weight of SAFER in transactions ...

In short, it is not easy to settle for a young person if there is not already agricultural land in the family.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 19/09/05, 09:24

Anyway, settling outside the family today is a feat!
the capital requested is most of the time beyond their reach
when a farm becomes available, the areas are generally taken over by large farms which they can easily deal with the financial overloads of takeovers whereas a "small" farmer must borrow with all the necessary solvency guarantees, which is far from will be the case for the majority of these
of course I do not denounce the big operators but the system (like SAFER) which remunerates these surfaces to knowledge by means of a small bribe, I know what I'm talking about I had to do!
other than that the future of agriculture is very bleak, with the GATS agreements and the free competition and movement of agricultural products, more than one will (like me) close the door!
biofuels would nevertheless be a chance to be seized, but will the public authorities do everything possible to enhance this sector?
0 x
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vtajmb » 02/10/05, 10:06

Using and promoting biofuel is a citizen's duty!

Each l of diesel purchased:
- impoverishes our French poor, since we are almost 100% importers in terms of fossil energy. by driving with this energy from abroad, we are harming the balance of our trade balance
- exhumes polluting gases, and causes a chain reaction of the aggravation of pollution
- enriches totalitarian states without benefits for their populations
- enriches already immensely wealthy multinationals and gives them an oil spill permit

Each l of HBV consumed:
- does not worsen the pollution of the planet
- does not aggravate our energy dependence and preserve our trade balance
- preserves the employment of farmers and contributes to the preservation of our landscape
- limits the transport of fuels, provided that the place of production is close to the place of consumption

taking a close look at PMC and HVB is both a gesture of household savings, of national economy, and of slowing down the catastrophe announced and which is beginning to occur

after having attended the Bourbon l'Archambault eco-festival, I set off in the center (Sancerre) a pool of "pantonisation" of agricultural and road engines, and the pressing of native HVB ...

to be continued

Jean Marie
0 x
JMB