Cars, ecology and savings in Belgium ...

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Cars, ecology and savings in Belgium ...

by the middle » 11/01/08, 18:04

Hello,
I have a Nissan 2 liter diesel, which is 17 years old ...
No breakdowns, I do 15000 km by, I do my maintenance twice a year maximum ... the foot ...
An office colleague just told me ... "You're wrong"
Your car is a nightmare, polluting, and expensive. :?:
So he said to me, if you buy a small new diesel, you will pay less taxes, you will consume less, you will make less CO, you will have a new car, and you will earn money after ten years :?
Too bad there is no body that proves all these calculations to me, because I have the impression that my colleague is right ...
Anyway, I'm going to think about the story ....
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 11/01/08, 18:22

Do the math:

- loss of 30% the 1st year I believe
- imperative all risk insurance with a new car when you can be a third with an old cluck,
- maintenance: remains to be seen if there are a lot of passages at the garage or if you work yourself on it ...... with recovery parts when possible

I did the math: it would surprise me that I could ride with an equivalent of my R25 GPL as spacious and comfortable for less. She hasn't lost anything for 10 years. These cars don't sell, that's all. If you plant it, finished.

With a new one you have a certain security (guarantee ... etc) but that does not remove the potential problems. I read certain letters from readers in the auto-journal: it is rather edifying the breakdowns on new cars with dealers who flounder (for example with the EGR valve).

But hey ... it is actually discussed over 10 years. I am sure that over the last 10 years I have spent much less with my old R25 than with a new one that would have lost enough to fill up for 20 years.
Last edited by jean63 the 11 / 01 / 08, 18: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/01/08, 18:22

Uh "will you make money after 10 years?"

Aim for your honor ... with a car you NEVER earn money ... and especially not after 10 years !!

A member of forum recently estimated that the purchase of a new car which consumed 30% less was "profitable" after 180 km, that's probably what your neighbor wanted to tell you.

Otherwise in terms of car and ecology in Belgium, I don't know if you received the mistubishi ad but yesterday I was on the ass: Outlander's SUV is entitled to the ecological premium in Belgium.

It wasn't even a Belgian joke ... : Cry:
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."