Batboostor: battery charger and disposable batteries

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Batboostor: battery charger and disposable batteries

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 14:46

After many tests, the Batboostor, disposable battery charger is available on the shop: https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-573.html

Here are its main features:

Technical specifications

- universal battery charger for formats: AAA, AA and 6LR61
- regeneration of spent alkaline and salt batteries to approximately 50% of the initial capacity (see curves below) 10 to 20 times without risk of sinking or exploding with reduced impulse charge times,
- real-time measurement chip that adapts to the various types of batteries or batteries see curve below,
- recharging NiCd and NiMh rechargeable batteries,
- optimizing the charge and life of all rechargeable batteries,
- ABS plastic casing secured,
- minimized size by using an 14VDC / 300 mA external power supply and the use of miniature electronic components of the CMS type,

https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-573.html

This subject also serves as a discussion of the performance of this device.

Edit: for lack of reliability, the batboostor has been permanently replaced, after 1 year of marketing, by an intelligent LCD battery charger: https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-573.html
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 12 / 15, 17: 42, 11 edited once.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 25/06/07, 16:27

Christophe, You talk about an external power supply of 14v / 300ma.
Do you mean that there is an external transformer like the charger of a phone or other?

If this is the case, it means that we can couple the case to a solar panel! :)

The ca becomes interesting, waiting for the manufacturer to take out the planned solar pack ...

You have a way to test with a solar panel to see if there is no risk of grilling the case?

SixK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 16:54

SixK wrote:If this is the case, it means that we can couple the case to a solar panel! :)

The ca becomes interesting, waiting for the manufacturer to take out the planned solar pack ...

Exactly and that's what I wrote on the news of the 2 June shop (see https://www.econologie.com/shop/ ), I quote:

It would be perfect if it were powered with a small solar panel ... Read more (characteristics and discharge curves)

SixK wrote:You have a way to test with a solar panel to see if there is no risk of grilling the case?

SixK

Yes, you're not lucky, I bought a solar panel 5W for tests just (which I have not started yet ...). Normally this should work ...
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 12 / 15, 17: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 25/06/07, 17:22

Let's say that there is a risk, low, but still risk to burn the circuit by under-feeding, or over-feeding, or varying the voltages / intensity input ...
At worst through a battery, there may be ways to limit the risk. (if it exists)
If you burn the circuit with the solar panel, you can always send it back to the manufacturer saying that it never works;)

Start the tests quickly and let us know (solar)! :)

SixK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 17:28

I'm trying to launch this in the week, I just have a buffer battery that traine :)

I see having some coax adapter that should be compatible ...
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 25/06/07, 19:42

And what, it does not destroy non-rechargeable batteries?

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 20:00

Ben no it is precisely the principle of this device. : Cheesy:

In fact there is no "magic" in being able to recharge disposable batteries (I mean by that there is no contraindication on the technological principle). But the fact is that conventional battery chargers do a continuous recharge which heats the electrolyte until the cell is destroyed (sealing of the electrolyte).

This Batboostor battery charger makes a high frequency pulse charging. What has the advantage of not to heat the batteries and on the other hand greatly reduce the heating of the batteries in charge (and thus significantly improve their life) ...
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 12 / 15, 17: 43, 2 edited once.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 25/06/07, 20:03

aaaaaah

And is it recent as a discovery? Or was it "hidden" so as not to kill the market ??

It seemed too good to be true!

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 20:07

Yes and no, we've already talked about it forum... a few years ago ... it existed in a "kit" but to my knowledge it is the 1st charger on the market (so probably more optimized than the kit)

In any case, the curves were drawn by us. If it had not worked we would not propose it obviously not for sale ...

Otherwise it is clear that Duracell or Panasonic have no interest in marketing such a charger ... given the price of batteries ...
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 12 / 15, 17: 43, 3 edited once.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 25/06/07, 20:14

I had seen the curves and everything, nice work ^^

I will spread the information :)

Dreamer
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"