Which websites to buy seeds?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Which websites to buy seeds?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/07/17, 02:11

I turn to you to know your website (if you use one) preferably (or not) to buy seeds

Personally I bought some on the seed box and I was quite satisfied.

But if you ALREADY bought seeds on the net and you were satisfied with the site I am interested ...

Attention I am not interested in a list of site selling seeds on the net (for that Google does the job very well)

I am only interested in sites where you ALREADY bought and that you would advise ...

Thank you
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Which websites to buy seeds?

by olivier75 » 16/07/17, 10:56

Hello,
This is an opportunity to express myself on a subject that occupies me, concerns me? and go a little further ... I apologize in advance, and possibly be hated a little.
I hold on Excel since this winter tables which allow me to structure all that. I buy seeds since 2008, I exchange, I harvest a certain amount, more than 80 varieties for purchase or exchange this year, 170 planned in vegetable gardens, probably 150 in real.
The question often comes up, where and how to buy seeds, but there is no answer. Economic, curious, political, prolific purchase, buying is also an act of consumption for me.
Personally, I started the vegetable garden one weekend from time to time, having a basket from Joél Thiébault, with a father "collector of cucurbitaceous", and suddenly with a certain varietal sensitivity. (After ten years in the basket, you still had to cut certain vegetables to recognize radish or turnip ...), two girls to feed in the city, a vegetarian au pair.
At the time, judicial war baumaux kokopelli, half as many online sites almost all "historical".
If the varieties I was looking for were here and there, only Baumaux had almost all of them, or was the only one, so I am happy every year, a happy customer or even forced for certain varieties, available only from them. The evolution of their site, tomatobomo among others remains essential in my opinion, especially for those who like to snoop around all winter in the thousands of references.
I would remain a client of labonnegraine since this year, the Sainte Marthe farm, icko beekeeping for green manure, and I have planned essembio next year.
I specify that with such a quantity, the price ratio remains important, more than 300 euros of cost this year, I compare the prices which pass easily from simple to double between two suppliers, each one in turn according to the products.
Obviously the proximity sales remain very good reports, in the few references they keep in stock.
I really have a lot of trouble with the speech of kokopelli, too political and jammers of idea, knocking out the world with their bad guys who want to sell us non reproducible seeds, buying them themselves from their same breeders, also selling modern varieties and at prices relating to philanthropy, which I can imagine, provided that this is not to the detriment of all the breeders and seed producers, as a whole.

To finally answer your question, nico239;
-For curious gourmet snoopers, capable of withstanding relative germination from time to time, who want to master their vegetable garden, GRAINES-BAUMAUX, regularly the cheapest.
-For curious gourmet organic people who do not want to spend hours choosing, having different varieties, solid and tasty, quality seeds, more expensive, but organic, French with political support for one of the first pioneer and maintainer, THE FARM OF SAINTE MARTHE.
-For more classic and more productive, the largest or smallest garden, LA BONNE GRAINE offers a selection and variable bag sizes, economically often very good, especially very small or very large garden. I preferred it after studying the sites at THE SEED BOX.
-To be sure of its blow and its harvests, in traditional varieties only, the VILMORINS and CAILLARD varieties, developed for the "mass" of gardeners, good and productive varieties, of good price ratio, for beautiful classic gardens , can be found anywhere.
-To spend as little as possible, the bags of supermarkets and retailers offer the base of the base, always reproducible and without copyright, the easiest vegetables.

I would do a post on the reproducibility of seeds, and the consequences of our purchases.

Olivier
1 x
gek
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gek » 16/07/17, 13:40

Biaugerme is not bad too. In a slightly different but terribly efficient and inexpensive perspective, LIDL.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/07/17, 13:55

For some more specific things: lessemencesdupuy
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 16/07/17, 14:12

SEMENCES DU PUYS, For the seeds of trees and shrubs, now a little more, in particular green manures, for informed amateur and / or bonsai, For us it would be for hedges with varieties except trade. I ordered from them about 15 years ago, very good.

Olivier
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/07/17, 00:33

Thank you all for the contributions which allow me to have a quick light on real experiences and which will save me time.

I'm going to consult all these sites ...

No worries about your "digression" Olivier ... suddenly open question and without ulterior motive

olivier75 wrote:kokopelli buying them themselves from the same breeders

The only reflection that comes to me is "Ah good ???"
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/07/17, 01:40

I made myself a small basket of € 50 or so at the Good Seed,

I do not know
Verona chicory
Vienna white kohlrabi
Maïko lettuce
Vaugirard white onion

I know
Radish 1/2 long Pernot clear
Organic Red Blood Carrot
Purple broccoli cabbage 'Early Purple Sprouting'
Giant Organic Winter Spinach
Vit Organic Chew
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 17/07/17, 07:36

Nico239,
Yes, almost no (re) seller produces all its seeds, (maybe Gauthier?), Kokopelli also supplies itself in groups obtains eu French and Swiss at least, I do not have the name there, and its recovery of seeds in particular freed himself from all rules.
For roses, nobody questions the work of inventors, why on wheat or cabbage? If the varieties f1 sell up to 20 times more expensive, it is because they are bought.
The first commercial reason for f1 is not to block the market, but to free itself from the stabilization of the Variety, which is uncertain, long and which dilutes the new properties. The deposit is faster, however the more expensive cross-production.
Olivier.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/07/17, 15:17

olivier75 wrote:Nico239,
Yes, almost no (re) seller produces all its seeds, (maybe Gauthier?), Kokopelli also supplies itself in groups obtains eu French and Swiss at least, I do not have the name there, and its recovery of seeds in particular freed himself from all rules.
For roses, nobody questions the work of inventors, why on wheat or cabbage? If the varieties f1 sell up to 20 times more expensive, it is because they are bought.
The first commercial reason for f1 is not to block the market, but to free itself from the stabilization of the Variety, which is uncertain, long and which dilutes the new properties. The deposit is faster, however the more expensive cross-production.
Olivier.

Ok for Kokopelli suppliers ...

For the rest : Shock: j'ai rien compris :D ... okay, I'm a little bit on vacation and my mind is a little softened.

Personally I will reason conversely F1 = LESS expensive than reproducible.
Unless I get sick and the F1 is reproducible.

It's a bit like Apple (well we stay in the field of fruits : Mrgreen: )
It's expensive and there is nothing we can do with it ... : Cheesy: = no interest ... : Wink:

Good I deviate but "to free oneself from the stabilization of the Variety, uncertain, long and which dilutes the new properties. The deposit is faster, on the other hand the more expensive cross-production. "I didn't understand everything either ..... : Oops:
0 x
Chris of corsica
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chris of corsica » 17/07/17, 15:46

bjr
I saw this morning ,,, that the seed test tubes and not f1 was still reproducible

then if that is true, how to be able to differentiate between the sheaths of our ancestors and the sheaths test tubes (laboratory seed))
a what I saw the test tubes sheath would very well withstand the chemical treatment and still be reproducible tight, c all that I have as info, for the moment on the subject ,,,,

who more ???
0 x