The hidden face of meat, documentary

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

The hidden face of meat, documentary

by Christophe » 22/01/13, 18:02

Documentary on meat production: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCiHeIVQnQ (not to make look at a vegetarian)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/01/13, 07:37

Vu,
And after reflection, here is an answer:
http://vegecarib.over-blog.com/article- ... 26708.html
Eating meat became a problem for me when I was no longer able to kill, empty and eat my own animals (chickens, rabbits)
So I left this work to others, always with a feeling of guilt ...
Well, for some time now, I have been pushing my wife to make meatless meals, and we have never been disappointed, so I will try to multiply this approach.
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/01/13, 08:41

Christophe hello
Documentary on meat production: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCiHeIVQnQ (not to make a vegetarian look)

A good part of the VG became it precisely by watching this kind of documentary like earthlings. This raises awareness of what is "modestly" hidden from the general public and as this documentary points out: if the slaughterhouses had glass walls everyone (in any case a large majority) would become VG. Well there will always be a fringe of indifferent to violence and the suffering of others, we can not avoid it.

The happy medium
Well, for some time now, I have been pushing my wife to make meatless meals, and we have never been disappointed, so I will try to multiply this approach.

Well done ! don't rush things! In addition you will notice that certain "health problems" disappear at the same time.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/01/13, 08:54

Hello Janic,
In this "problem", there are also prejudices, and the loss of "knowledge"
Example: one of my nephews decided very early to become a vegan.
He was young and had no technical support, so he ended up in the host, skinny like everything.
We lost the recipes of simple cooking
Not long ago, in Belgium, the meat was reserved for Sunday.
Now it's twice a day ...
You have to find the basic rules ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/01/13, 09:21

lejustemilieu wrote:Hello Janic,
In this "problem", there are also prejudices, and the loss of "knowledge"
Example: one of my nephews decided very early to become a vegan.
He was young and had no technical support, suddenly, he found himself at the host, skinny like everything.

Unfortunately, it happens! Goodwill is not always enough and many people believe that becoming a VG is just deleting meats, but it is at risk if there is no correction of mistakes made elsewhere. The VG, not transmitted by the parents, must be relearned as one can relearn a new trade.
We lost the recipes of simple cooking
Not long ago, in Belgium, the meat was reserved for Sunday.
Now it's twice a day ...
You have to find the basic rules ...

Not without reason! The consumption of meat is a signal of accession to a social level which we find in all the emerging countries which increase the standard of living. (Including ours since the beginning of the industrial era) The abandonment of meat is then considered a social regression and it is much more difficult to make disappear than the question of possible taste for the product. (it is the same phenomenon for alcohol and tobacco ... and new drugs)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/13, 12:02

Another video on industrial meat:
oli 80 wrote:Hello here is a video of over consumption and mass production of food http://player.vimeo.com/video/57126054#at=0
I do not know if this video is already mentioned here and the but I add
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/13, 13:33

If you like horses and animals in general, don't watch Carne's intro scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNrwZim8aA8

For those who want to know where their steak comes from can look there ... :|
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/02/13, 14:55

From https://www.econologie.com/forums/post250347.html#250347

Christophe wrote:You do well to talk about Macro because I find this case and the merdiatisation that is scandalous.

What is scandalous is the totally unhealthy system of junk food not the fact that some have eaten the canasson! It was not spoiled and there is no danger to eat the horse (except psychological for some)! Must there still be some horse butchers in Paris?

It's not labeling that will stop people from eating shit and to get cancer, well profitable for some, at 50 years ...

There we do not care about the mouth and the health of people!

I don't answer on forum humor ... it's better here

I am afraid that this little scandal more, will lay standards and regulations in addition which will increase a little more the costs of French producers who sell in France

I'm afraid we forget to charge the big business that does anything by transporting to the 4 corners of the world

we saw on the news that the control bodies complain about not having enough means

you have to charge those who are a source of risk, so first of all those who make transport too long
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/02/13, 15:33

At the time when I was doing these checks on the spot ... I was a temporary civil servant paid at the bare minimum of the minimum wage ... I was much cheaper than these control bodies (supposedly independent) which spoil the lives of local producers by fattening the shareholders of large banking and insurance companies ....
I resigned (and at the time an official who resigned was relatively rare) because I couldn't do my job properly:
-Lack of time to do the real job (eaten by keeping paper records that ended up in the trash)
- corrupt corrupt rotten direct hierarchy wetted to the bone
-Zola germinal working conditions and environment in the blood red version instead of charcoal black
-Finally as I liked to eat the barbaque I no longer wanted to know how it was produced.

Edit by Christophe: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post250350.html#250350 other Macro testimony
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 12/02/13, 18:10

I join you on "deregulation"; hunt for "officials" who cost too much, who do nothing ...

So we are surprised that companies whose "official" goal is to make a profit (as far as I know, Findus is not an NGO whose stated aim is to bring happiness to those who are hungry? ), do it by all means when they are not controlled, or more or not enough ???

We keep dismantling barriers, which even if they were not perfect, put a brake on anything ... And we are surprised ...

And indeed, there, it does not matter in the sense of "danger" ... But you should know that this also happens on "operations" much more dangerous ... I do not know where I told my story. going to the SAMU on July 27 - 3 or 4 hours before someone opened the rough bandage my wife had made [of course, I was not dying!]
0 x