Small kitchen garden lazy in the Ardennes

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Small kitchen garden lazy in the Ardennes

by Christophe » 15/05/17, 14:23

Here I go too in phenoculture!

I prepared the ground at the end of last year, see this subject: agriculture / how-to-start-a-lazy-simpler-than-permaculture-vegetable-garden-steps-and-advice-t14895.html

I did some planting a few weeks ago: cucurbits, cucumber, corn and other beans.

garden_love_ardennes_DSC06034.JPG

garden_love_ardennes_DSC06035.JPG

Here is the future lazy vegetable garden with some ugly herbs that pierce:
garden_love_ardennes_DSC06036.JPG

I also have 2 borders in BRF, what do you advise to plant there?
garden_love_ardennes_DSC06044.JPG
0 x
Did67

Re: Small kitchen garden lazy in the Ardennes

by Did67 » 15/05/17, 19:37

Christophe wrote:Here I go too in phenoculture!

the future vegetable garden of the lazy with some ugly herbs that pierce:

I also have 2 borders in BRF, what do you advise to plant there?

In order :

1) One more, perfect!

2) Normal. Do not worry. I absolutely have to make a video on it, because people are worried. All the more, I would say, that they are "fans"!

- from time to time, when it is not soggy, go over it and tear off what you can; depending on the perennial, lifting with a fork and letting it fall on the weeds can also do the trick; don't forget to think very strongly that this is nothing apart from the work that should have been done to dig it all up!

- gradually, the soil will get worse and more and more often, the roots come; I was a few days ago at the demonstration that I set up at the Agricultural High School of Obernai; some cirses and ... alfalfa had broken through; the majority of cirses (thistle) already came with the roots - which means they are "hit-and-cast"; we will never see them again (unlike all those who hoe or dig or mill); in this case, gloves are welcome (as for nettles) ...

Some close-ups interest me to see a little what you have!

3) Border + BRF: the equation is simple = red fruit (the BRF is suitable, on the border for picking) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/05/17, 20:26

Thank you Doctor es Phenocultum! 8)
0 x
jpbord
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpbord » 15/05/17, 21:54

Christophe wrote:Thank you Doctor es Phenocultum! 8)

I too got started! I also have a border in brf but I put strawberries, other flat strips in brf and as did67 tells us red fruit, red fruit, red fruit finally black if cassiers and raspberries I would make a small photo tomorrow is more explicit
cordially
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/05/17, 22:18

I'm going to try strawberry plants ... because all my previous tests on the same soil / climate have failed ...

Raspberries I already have a "small forest" in another corner of the garden (but I will put some BRF at their feet ... I have some left) I will take a picture for you tomorrow.

For me the fruits that grow best, in addition to raspberries (after having tested 3 or 4 varieties, only one has taken well and reproduces well), these are the Macro ... (but their cousins ​​the currants it is not terrible at all)

I would try blackcurrants well (if you have other suggestions? I take ... the orientation is due south)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/17, 09:37

Uh, I put the strawberries in the berries ... These are plants for which the treatment with massive BRF is particularly suitable. Like many gardeners, when I was working with bare soil, I saw them "degenerate" after 3 or 4 years ... Nothing like that today: I deduce that it is not the strawberries that degenerate , but the soil and its activity (in bare soil). Without doubt the mushrooms especially! And even "degenerate" strawberries in an old plot have ... regenerated (proof that it was not the strawberry plant, but the soil!).

Another suggestion: the "berries of May" (of Siberian origin, the climate of the Ardennes must make them laugh softly!); first red berries of the year (at my place, last week) [this is Lonicera kamtschatica; it is botanically, a honeysuckle]; blueberries should correspond well to your acidic soils (cultivated blueberries being another species, with white pulp, native to Canada - good genetics question resistance to cold! -; see also under "bluet"; common in the Vosges)
1 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 16/05/17, 10:58

In red fruit, as for the rest, there is also a choice inside the varieties, it's quite surprising that currants do not grow in your home.
I have; white, red currants, blackcurrants, boxers, red, white mackerel, white strawberries, red, woods, mulberries, blackberries without thorns, Japanese mulberry, bluet, various raspberries, various vines, goji.

Olivier.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/05/17, 14:28

olivier75 wrote:In red fruit, as for the rest, there is also a choice inside the varieties, it's quite surprising that currants do not grow in your home.
I have; white, red currants, blackcurrants, boxers, red, white mackerel, white strawberries, red, woods, mulberries, blackberries without thorns, Japanese mulberry, bluet, various raspberries, various vines, goji.

Olivier.

Just a quick note: I prefer red fruits which are red, because anthocyanins (which colors the fruits - and sometimes the leaves - red) are antioxidants. So I think red berries are "better" (for your health). Even if it means having "more than organic", as much as it is also the top question of composition ...

The Goji is a sacred bush, which spreads out, thorny; it spreads out, falls and layers ... Watch out for "crap", I'm talking about "congestion"!
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 16/05/17, 15:50

Yes, in fact I extended the answer with what is planted on the edge of a vegetable patch and who likes brf!
I am also rather quick to multiply the varieties, to multiply the chances of success, the harvests and the tastes and the colors. I have as many vines as Varietes, around 25.
My goji is still small but very spicy, in the outer hedge, which we can qualify as defensive and nurturing, finally over time.
Olivier.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/05/17, 19:55

Here we transplanted the seedlings on the vegetable patch ... it's a bit empty for the moment ... : Mrgreen:

Cucurbits are all mouthful except one ... is this normal? However, I made sure to keep the clod of earth in the water ...

PP_ardennes.jpg

PP_ardennes3.jpg

Otherwise here is my corner of rising raspberries, I planted 1 or 2 plants 4 or 5 years ago and it has developed (not yet put BRF):

PP_ardennes2.jpg

By cons it is a fairly late species as I indicated here: agriculture / raspberries-too-late-can-we-advance-the-harvest-t14944.html

If BRF could advance production it would be good :)
0 x