Cut the hay with an electric saber saw.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
jac71
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Cut the hay with an electric saber saw.

by jac71 » 16/08/17, 02:20

Hello,
Here is a photo montage of cutting hay with a saw electric saber.
In the present case the hay is full of brambles which makes the stain a little more difficult.
My saw blade is extremely blunt, I did not have time to test with other blades.

Working less, picking up more; the motto of Didier suits me perfectly.
Attachments
egoine saber s.jpg
The machine: an electric saber saw
Cutting hay 1.jpg
Cutting primer
Cutting hay 2.jpg
Ready
Cutting hay 3.jpg
leave
1 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cut the hay with an electric saber saw.

by Grelinette » 16/08/17, 15:07

The hedge trimmer also works to cut hay! : Cheesy:
size hedge electric.jpg
size hedge electric.jpg (3.47 Kio) Viewed 9471 times
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 16/08/17, 16:42

I am a taker of all returns on tools working well to make clean grooves in hay, preferences without power supply (no electricity on the garden).

I intend to equip myself but I have a young budget and not really the tune to buy stihl combisysteme with cut edging!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/08/17, 17:11

There are saws saws on batteries: https://www.racetools.fr/1629-scie-sabr ... #ectrans=1

Cutting hay should not overload the engine, so a refill should allow to do a few meters !!!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/08/17, 20:50

the sawtooth is not very effective for cutting hay: I will see well to sharpen a saw blade like a knife, without tooth

the quick reciprocating movement of the saber saw will advance even if it does not cut very well

of the true saw tooth do not serve anything for the hay, but ripple like a bread knife must be useful: a little better than a knife without teeth
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 17/08/17, 09:01

thank you Didier and Chatelot16, indeed it's all the problem: buy equipment without knowing whether it will be durable, if it has already been tested ... I must soon buy a brushcutter, can be a greenhouse ... and the tarpaulin canvas woven, in short I will have to optimize not to explode my budget!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/17, 10:49

chatelot16 wrote:the sawtooth is not very effective for cutting hay: I will see well to sharpen a saw blade like a knife, without tooth

the quick reciprocating movement of the saber saw will advance even if it does not cut very well

of the true saw tooth do not serve anything for the hay, but ripple like a bread knife must be useful: a little better than a knife without teeth

I don't think so: I first used a smooth butcher's knife, which dulled at high speed; hay cellulose is a hell of a "wearer" of cutting edge ... It was an ordeal!

Until the day I confiscated the bread knife, with, indeed, the waves. There again, very quickly, the points were dull and I passed again a blow of the grinding wheel (a kind of round cutter mounted on a small drill, to "sharpen" = in fact, to remake points).

So I think it will soon enough sharpened the teeth ...

Note that stuck between two planks, or a plank in which a slit has been cut, even if it no longer cuts, it "tears" without the hay being lifted. That's what's important.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/17, 13:05

Hasard, and without any pub, this hard-discounter offers this saw-saber with battery for cheap!

http://www.norma.fr/scie-sabre-27865.html

It was yesterday, but sometimes there is none left the same day, and sometimes it is still several days later. I'm going to "go down" to town, to see!

[I once bought a ceramic circular saw. I "mistreated" her to make all the cutouts in the bathroom and she ... valiantly resisted. It still works. I just had a hard time finding a replacement drive until I found, by chance, a Skill branded record: on closer inspection, my unbranded and hard-discounted "pan" was a perfect copy of Skill . But I also had disappointments with a miter saw which let me down very quickly without having mistreated it ... So: I have no opinion!]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/17, 19:26

I bought one. There was a half-dozen stacks in the store ...

Quick test, the battery being a bit flat.

The blade protrudes beyond the fulcrum of 10 cm, exactly.

It works "quite well" ... "Fairly", because indeed, as indicated by chatelot16, the small teeth of a saw designed for wood "catch" a little, it is not the ideal format. The "travel" is a little too small.

On old, well-packed hay now, it was necessary to "press" a little and it passed, with as support, my "Sillon'net" board through which I cut, walking on it ... The model is held by a handle , with one hand. It is designed for sawing branches, with a suitable support. Flat, in the hay, this is not the ideal position ...

But it works!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/08/17, 20:39

an electric hedge trim it must work, but it's too big ... in the same principle there is the electric knife to cut the leg of lamb ... completely useless to cut the leg of lamb because a good sharp knife also makes good, but not bad to cut the hay with 2 blade has opposite reciprocating motion: so it cuts without wanting to move everything

it does not exist on battery: always in 220v but very low power therefore easy to power with a small converter 12v / 220v

finally it is not easy ... there is the hedge too big size and the electric knife may be too small, but still try
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"