Mushrooms?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
coastline
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mushrooms?

by coastline » 24/04/18, 18:36

Mushrooms?
Hello everybody

New in this forum, I diligently follow your valuable comments and advice. I have a concern in my vegetable garden, a cursed place where I planted a few years ago two feet of currants which died in a short time. I changed the soil, I put nettle manure and I planted three feet of raspberries which died slowly ... moldy.
Currently this small area is under a layer of BRF and hay. Only one raspberry tree survived and I care about him!

I add that I live in Switzerland, on the shore of Lake Geneva and am at 415 m above sea level.
Thank you in advance for your contributions, I would like to understand if I can do something. I dare not put anything as a product, like you, it is necessary that this little world manages among chemistry.

I also have to thank Didier here for his book, videos and advice, it's great! I learned a lot and learn it every day. Thanks also to you.
Costa
0 x
Did67

Re: Mushrooms?

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 07:46

Difficult to make a diagnosis. Basically, one of two things:

a) Or there is indeed a parasitic fungus, which is the cause of death. Because it exists, even if we can assume that a living soil "cleans itself". It may take a long time ...

In this case, is the location imperative? (no place elsewhere ????) Because otherwise, I would change place, going a few meters or ten meters further.

b) Or is the development of the fungus only the completely normal decomposition of a woody plant (made of wood), which decomposes under the action of fungi. And we should know why the shrubs die like this!

Can we exclude the presence of mole rats that have gnawed the roots from below ??? Because they "kill" a tree of 3 or 4 years - they have killed several in my house; all the roots are eaten away. We see "molehills", we think of moles, but these are the mole rats, customary to the edges of the forest.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 07:55

costa wrote:.... it's great! ...
Costa

Oh, it's just some knowledge and a little order of ideas ... ["Put your ideas in order and the mess in the vegetable garden - and not the other way around!"]

[Alas, the zeitgeist is more what I call "religious thoughts", to which we "adhere" because we "believe" ... As if it was necessary to fill a void left by the collapse of other religious thoughts: Christianity, Marxism, Maoism ... I do stupidly in ... science! For about 3 years, I hid that I was an agronomist - for fear that my ideas would be turned against just for that!]
0 x
coastline
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by coastline » 25/04/18, 08:53

Thank you Didier for responding to me so quickly.

In fact, it is also difficult for me to understand what makes my three raspberry feet clam and not the one I have left. For this one, I think it must be an old variety that was given to me by a gardener friend, a resistant raspberry bush, never sick.
My garden is small, I have no room for other raspberries. Maybe I will make one or two cuttings and plant them in this area, just to see.

On the other hand, four years ago, I had to cut down an old apple tree gnawed by ants, maybe there are still some roots rotting gently under the ground. What is interesting is that barely two meters from this cursed area, my new apple tree is doing very well, it is in bloom now.

The voles swarm at home, I have not yet caught, despite the traps.

Considering your last video, a question appeared to me, about garlic. Don't we say that they like light earths? How do you plant them, like shallots and onions in a small hole?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 14:05

costa wrote:
Maybe I will make one or two cuttings and plant them in this area, just to see.

Normally, as soon as it is well installed, it will suck: emit lateral roots, on which new plants will appear, which you will just have to detach and replant elsewhere ... The raspberry tree is naturally invasive. Each year, hundreds and hundreds of feet are the victim of my mower to maintain circulation between the rows!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 14:07

costa wrote:... about garlic. Don't we say that they like light earths? How do you plant them, like shallots and onions in a small hole?

It's been a long time since I've listened to the "we say that ...".

By hardly exaggerating, on the contrary, if "we say that ...", I do the opposite. Since man first massacres everything and then repairs, normal that he works in reverse!

That said, in fact, heavy and very humid soils, where water stagnates, can cause problems ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 14:10

costa wrote:
On the other hand, four years ago, I had to cut down an old apple tree gnawed by ants, maybe there are still some roots rotting gently under the ground. What is interesting is that barely two meters from this cursed area, my new apple tree is doing very well, it is in bloom now.

Again, I doubt that the ants will "cut down" an apple tree ... They came next?

But why call this place a cursed place while it lives ???? In a natural forest, this is what happens: the oldest tree, the largest, sooner or later collapses; its wood decomposes; others, younger, take its place ... It's "natural" !!!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 14:14

costa wrote:
The voles swarm at home, I have not yet caught, despite the traps.

Are these "terrestrial voles" (called "mole rats")? They form molehills and underground galleries everywhere.

What a trap ???

With guillotine traps of the Topcat or Supercat type, it is essential, after having set them up across the gallery, to plug well all around. Otherwise, at the slightest ray of light, the mole rat tries to plug the hole by pushing earth in front of it. It causes a false trigger: it is the earth that triggers. We find the trap full of earth ...
0 x
coastline
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by coastline » 25/04/18, 16:23

Hello Did,

Mole rats.
Yes, these are indeed mole rats, they have already gnawed at my echinacea, my broom. They make mounds and galleries. I find it hard to flush them out because they are very smart, I don't see them under the hay, dead leaves etc. Somewhere in this forum you wrote that they liked parsley and I just planted them right next to the tiles that run along my vegetable patch ... (I have voles under the tiles ... ouch). I think that from below the slabs they cross the vegetable patch and tumble down the slope of my slope. The slope is very steep, I intervene as little as possible. The slope is poorly maintained, grasses, forsythias of the former owner, euphorbias, poppies, wild flowers, daisies, sage, tanaisies.
I don't have a cat, the place where I live is too dangerous for animals, my house is bordered by two roads, one of which is very busy.

Topcat, very effective as a trap, to handle with gloves during the installation and to approach slowly the place where we are going to dig. I mark it with a knitting needle with the colored tip. Yes, care must be taken to obscure the surroundings of the trap.

The old apple tree.
He made his life as an apple tree. Its trunk sounded hollow and gave apples only on a branch.

The raspberry.
For the moment it borders on the shallots I will wait for the right season for the cuttings. Patience and length of time ...

Garlic.
My soil is clay, the garlic planted last year has given nothing. Hence my question.

Thanks again for the follow-up. And it's boozy finally, I'm not going to complain!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/04/18, 18:36

costa wrote:
I don't have a cat, the place where I live is too dangerous for animals, my house is bordered by two roads, one of which is very busy.

Alas, cats, dogs, raptors are very ineffective. The mole rats circulate under the cover, do not go out the nose ... I had cats, a dog ... He spent his time digging, had tendonitis and limp, and only caught it 'one or two !

It seems that they can go out at night, to collect fallen fruit and return them to their gallery. There, a nocturnal raptor may have a chance ... ???

So I trap.

I have a trial in progress to verify that the castor meal is actually, as said on several sites, effective.

Otherwise, therefore parsley or artichokes or celery as martyr plants, to attract them; lose a little; if attack, replace with a Topcat trap and they will tumble inside like crazy!
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"