Long live palm oil!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Long live palm oil!

by Ahmed » 26/03/16, 18:41

As we know, the "Greens" constitute a "trampoline" party to hope for an Elysian jump seat, on condition of accepting the menu that goes with it: swallowing snakes.
It is the misadventure that happened recently to Barbara pompili, recently promoted to new Secretary of State in charge of Biodiversity (sic!) who is entrusted with the mission of reverting to the progressive taxation of palm oil to achieve a fixed and reduced taxation.
For more details, see this article or this for another, less complete (no mention of the pressure from the French lobbies of necrofuels).
I let you enjoy...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Long live palm oil!

by loopyng84 » 26/03/16, 19:55

Industrial pressure, when you hold us. Even for the greens : Evil:
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/03/16, 21:22

Some, like this expert, on the contrary find that this oil should be completely zero-rated! : Shock:
His arguments are specious:
a) for production: the cultivation of these palm trees is a production of income which is done to the detriment of food self-sufficiency and the certified plantations are an additional tartufferie which guarantees nothing; it tries to sow doubt as to the link between this type of agricultural speculation and deforestation, yet it is well established, even if it is not the only cause; moreover, the very profitable nature of the cultivation of oil palms, which he emphasizes, allows us to understand the little consideration for the forest ...
b) for consumption: He then puts forward the argument that French consumption remains modest, however its health impact is significant. Indeed, if palm oil is not fundamentally bad, it is very popular with the food industry where it undergoes transformations which accentuate the share of saturated fatty acids (by hydrogenation); the goal being to obtain a solid fatty substance at room temperature and which is more resistant to rancidity than liquid oil, perfect for the multiple industrial pastries and other ready meals that make the heyday of arterial heart disease, diabetes and depression...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/03/16, 07:52

Scandal, petition! it has to be known. shout loudly!
0 x
Click my signature
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 27/03/16, 14:08

"Snake", "Personal opportunity" or "Strategy" for the new Secretary of State in charge of Biodiversity?

Recently, Barbara Pompili has distanced herself from the "Ecology-The Greens" party. In fact, it finds itself without a political family or support, and to rebuild an image and a political base, it needs to rebuild its "political health".

It may be a must for her, the strategy of which is to keep a low profile and accept some compromises, squeezing the buttocks, to find a place in the political landscape.

That said, that does not change the substance of the problem of the under-taxation of palm oil.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/03/16, 14:35

Yes, you're right, I contracted her path a little, however, I don't think I distorted the facts: that she may have experienced disagreements between people and her party of origin does not change her inclination , at least theoretical, for what I cannot decently call ecology, but at least for an "environmentalist" vision.
You write:
It may be a must for her, whose strategy is to keep a low profile and accept some compromises, squeezing the buttocks, to find a place in the political landscape.

You expressed the reality of things perfectly well, even if I think that it is not only "some compromises", but the acceptance to become a false showcase intended to manage the ecological imposture of the government, against the possibility "d 'go to the soup', as it so expressively said De Gaulle.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 27/03/16, 14:51

Ahmed wrote:... become a false display intended to manage the ecological sham of the government ...

It is an option that I had not perceived! ... That, in this case, that B Pompili serves (with full knowledge of the facts or not) of ecological decoy to fall asleep and recover the naive and innocent part of the ecological population now disoriented.

It is true that this scenario is more in line with the idea that we have of the mentality of a certain political class ready to use all "electoral recovery strategies".
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/03/16, 15:00

The recourse to the figure of the oxymoron, which pretends to reconcile the opposites, is the revealer of the powerlessness of the politician and of its blocking in front of contradictions which he can only overcome in the incantatory mode: the oxymoron is the modern equivalent of the rain dance!
Besides, it is less about electoralism than population management; this is the basis of what is taught at the ENA.
As for the idea:
... whether B Pompili serves (knowingly or not) as a decoy ...

I would not insult this lady to assume that she does not fully perceive her full dimension ... ambitious as much as you want, but certainly not stupid!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 27/03/16, 15:15

I do not know if we can speak of oxymoron in this affair (in the sense of uniting opposites, or I did not understand what you meant), but more than "the impotence of the political", it is is in my opinion its initial formatting, then its professional distortion which push the politician to have from the outset this reflex of using specious strategies to do things without giving the appearance of doing them.

In their defense, it is true that between them, the politicians expect every bend and comma badly placed to shuffle what pushes them to hide everything ... but this debate is moving away from the oil of webbed.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/03/16, 15:39

Palm oil is not a technical problem, the question of its taxation clearly places it in the political space.
There is indeed an oxymoronic approach to encouraging palm oil production and the role that should be that of "Secretary of State in charge of Biodiversity"; more generally, it concerns the fact of affublishing high-sounding and promising titles functions which aim at the opposite of their titles.
I maintain the expression "impotence of the political", insofar as there is absence of vision other than that employed to the conservation of an outdated model, a "presentism" which condemns any future; whether this is due, in whole or in part, to social, cultural or professional determinism, I readily admit.
0 x