Ideas Direct Recycling

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

Ideas Direct Recycling

by Christophe » 19/09/07, 02:33

I create this topic to exchange ideas and tips direct recycling, in other words: reuse without transformation of objects, a priori, considered as waste.

Come on I start with a 1er trick: we now keep all polystyrenes, frigolites or other junk (chlorinated) still protecting a lot of devices to improve the insulation of the attic.

Ditto with the air "pockets" to protect certain packages and the unstained PE-LD plastic bags: they will be filled with small pieces of polystyrene!

Ok, that does not change much in the elimination of this waste (the best would be to eliminate them at the source, which some big manufacturer makes by adopting cardboard pulp protection, cardboard style of eggs) but at least that allows them to be ... useful ...

I feel that Zac will excel in this subject 8)
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 19/09/07, 09:09

to me to bring a stone to the building of recycling!
When possible, I collect household appliances to "strip" them of their "bodies" : Shock: : Cheesy: these serve me in a lot of home-made, there are enamelled sheet metal on most washing machines-refrigerator-gasters etc ... which are excellent for making for example fire caps, crates rigid storage, shelves, renovations of wood stoves-stoves etc ... concerning the gas stoves I recover the glass doors of the oven to make the solar ovens and all the hardware, on TV and PC I recover everything that is in hard ABS for modeling.
I have a small outdoor warehouse to store everything and it starts to get messy but if I need something I have everything on hand! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/07, 09:36

yeah, that's the storage problem, my wife often says that soon we'll need a 2e house.

which is good too, is to have a kindergarten teacher at home, but it does not solve the problem of storage : Cheesy:

zac, it would be great if you sent us some pictures of your recovery applications.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/07, 09:38

elephant wrote:which is good too, is to have a kindergarten teacher at home, but it does not solve the problem of storage : Cheesy:

: Shock: To teach you how to tidy up? :?:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/07, 09:54

no, that's a desperate cause.

but to recover the boxes of cheese, the trays of cream, ice cream, the skewers of spades, the mandrels of rolls of toilet paper, etc.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Hello

by bolton069 » 19/09/07, 10:25

A friend of my parents had made a barbecue at the time with two recovered car wheels : Idea: connected by a tube of 1m long. A bit of welding and it was gone.

The first rim served as a foot, the second as a "charcoal bin", and the few original openings in the design of the rim fed the fire quite a bit with air.

In addition it had a modern sculpture look. Contemporary art what!

Art and ecology. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/07, 10:30

elephant wrote:no, that's a desperate cause.

LOL you too? : Cheesy:

elephant wrote:but to recover the boxes of cheese, the trays of cream, ice cream, the skewers of spades, the mandrels of rolls of toilet paper, etc.

Ok and by the way, I think selective sorting is in place in schools in Belgium, right? In that case, I think they'd be happy if we "got rid of" them a bit, right? Pb: must know the world ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/07, 12:15

Christopher said:

LOL you too?

what do you want: there are miracles!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/07, 12:17

bolton69 said:

In addition it had a modern sculpture look. Contemporary art what!

there was a few months ago on econologie.com a subject where we had shown photos of recovery objects absolutely superb? Christophe, if you could find the reference?
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 19/09/07, 16:21

In the kind of barbecue with recycling rims, I had made myself a forge with a rim recup and some ends of recovery angle also. The heat gun is also of recovery, it was not heated, the resistance was burnt. It was perfect to supply air to my little forge.

The only thing I bought to make this forge is the rods for welding and refractory cement.

8)

Otherwise, there is also the barbecue classic with half a bottle of 200l or less. It remains to weld feet and drill some holes in the bottom and it makes a barbecue quite work for no money.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.