Solar ECS - over-production ?!

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Solar ECS - over-production ?!

by president13 » 17/09/18, 16:19

Hello everybody

I have a water baloon that is partly heated by 2 solar panels and by the boiler itself for the complement.
In winter, the panels provide about 20 ° (does it seem good?), The boiler heats the complement to reach 60 °.
In summer, the panels easily provide the 60 ° (and could provide much more!), The boiler does not heat up for supplement.

As a result of what .... I think I have an over-sized installation in the summer ... and I wonder if some have ideas of how to exploit these panels or energy over-plus for another use?
Every idea is welcomed :)

merci,
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: solar ECS - over-production ?!

by Gaston » 17/09/18, 16:41

The common use is to heat a pool ... when you have one.

Otherwise, there is also this:

More power in winter and protection against overheating in summer :D
1 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 17/09/18, 17:08

Gaston wrote:The common use is to heat a pool ... when you have one.

hello gaston,
thank you for these returns :)
so :

- I have a pool actually. I had already thought about heating it with the surplus (although summer ... it reaches easily 32 degrees!) but with the bubble cover so if I can heat it in the same way, it could avoid me The tarpaulin). However, I have panels with coolant and this solar installation and on the other side of the house. What is the ideal installation for heating the pool with this type of installation?

- concerning the photo, I did not understand anything : Oops: what's this? a plancha? : Lol:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 17/09/18, 17:12

president13 wrote:I have a pool actually. I had already thought about heating it with the surplus (although summer ... it reaches easily 32 degrees!) but with the bubble cover so if I can heat it in the same way, it could avoid me The tarpaulin). However, I have panels with coolant and this solar installation and on the other side of the house. What is the ideal installation for heating the pool with this type of installation?
A heat exchanger on the filtration circuit of the pool.

president13 wrote:- concerning the photo, I did not understand anything : Oops: what's this? a plancha? : Lol:
It's a video, you have to click on it : Cheesy:
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 17/09/18, 17:21

Gaston wrote:
president13 wrote:I have a pool actually. I had already thought about heating it with the surplus (although summer ... it reaches easily 32 degrees!) but with the bubble cover so if I can heat it in the same way, it could avoid me The tarpaulin). However, I have panels with coolant and this solar installation and on the other side of the house. What is the ideal installation for heating the pool with this type of installation?
A heat exchanger on the filtration circuit of the pool.

Yes that, I think I understood :)
After practice ... I do not see how. Do I have to make a secondary circuit of the pool that reaches the solar installation and that heats up with a heat exchanger? or something else? And how to block the exchange if needed? because otherwise there will always be losses to the pool, even in winter.

Gaston wrote:
president13 wrote:- concerning the photo, I did not understand anything : Oops: what's this? a plancha? : Lol:
It's a video, you have to click on it : Cheesy:

ah, it does not show up on my browser, I'll see tonight :)
but I have my idea now ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 17/09/18, 17:31

president13 wrote:After practice ... I do not see how. Do I have to make a secondary circuit of the pool that reaches the solar installation and that heats up with a heat exchanger? or something else? And how to block the exchange if needed? because otherwise there will always be losses to the pool, even in winter.
Yes, you have to make a circuit either from the pool to the installation or from the installation to the pool.
And we must provide valves to isolate this (s) circuit (s) in winter.
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 17/09/18, 17:46

Gaston wrote:
president13 wrote:After practice ... I do not see how. Do I have to make a secondary circuit of the pool that reaches the solar installation and that heats up with a heat exchanger? or something else? And how to block the exchange if needed? because otherwise there will always be losses to the pool, even in winter.
Yes, you have to make a circuit either from the pool to the installation or from the installation to the pool.
And we must provide valves to isolate this (s) circuit (s) in winter.

OK, thanks.
looking at the moment, I came across this montage that looks interesting:

the interest is to use the coil of the heating part (not used in summer) and to divert it towards the swimming pool where one places a heat exchanger water / water swimming pool. Attention, I saw the price .... sit down ... at least 1000 € .... : Shock:
I think doing it yourself would be better. By cons, it will make a ml of tube! 8)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 17/09/18, 17:48

president13 wrote:Attention, I saw the price .... sit down ... at least 1000 € .... : Shock:
Just a stainless steel heat exchanger (supporting pool chlorine) costs that price :?
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 17/09/18, 18:07

Gaston wrote:
president13 wrote:Attention, I saw the price .... sit down ... at least 1000 € .... : Shock:
Just a stainless steel heat exchanger (supporting pool chlorine) costs that price :?

yeah..
I found a nude here:
https://www.piscineale.com/998-echangeu ... gJT0vD_BwE

not to mention all that must be added from above ....
it is expensive the little comfort and more to swim in October with a pool at 28 ° ...

otherwise, another idea (it's a low gain but it can still be interesting):
- use the surplus to preheat the water in the washing machine?
0 x
president13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by president13 » 17/09/18, 19:18

Gaston wrote:The common use is to heat a pool ... when you have one.

Seductive indeed :)
But then exit the regions with almost permanent wind!
But the idea is really good!
On the other hand, what about the ROI?
0 x