Hot air solar wall, heliotrope climate house

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

Hot air solar wall, heliotrope climate house

by Christophe » 21/08/08, 22:19

An automated hot air solar wall in summer and winter by Jean Luc Perrier! It is finally a small heat pump without electrical consumption (except the regulation of 1 to 2W max!). Maybe a small fan could improve things?

Which type of CTN1 and CTN2 temperature sensors do you think? I would say resistive but ...

Notice to fans who want to test the thing!

ps: heliotrope is the name of the experimental house of Jean Luc Perrier: https://www.econologie.com/jean-luc-perr ... -2564.html
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/08/08, 23:02

Bonjour à tous

The power of simplicity ... 8)

For an existing wall with interior insulation (general case in France) the fact of covering the outside of the wall with isorel and aluminum foil ... improves the insulation for winters. But it deprives us of the thermal inertia of the wall which could regularize / prolong a little the heating period of the air passage when the sun declines.

We can directly blacken the wall for winters so that it heats up as much as possible, while re-sliding the insulation in its place for the off-season.

Is this a good calculation or is it all the interest when in the morning the time to heat the wall the air will not come out as hot. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 22/08/08, 14:58

No I believe that inertial walls are interesting, provided you have enough mass to phase the heat wave in the wall for 8 to 12 hours. A solid wooden wall of 20 centimeters reveals this bizarrely extremely efficient (see the walls polished), same for a 35 cm adobe wall.

If you phase the heat wave enough, then you will have a very efficient night heater. You just have to remember a curtain for the summer, avoid exposing this wall which will otherwise participate in night overheating despite the effect of daytime draft.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 22/08/08, 15:24

The CASA system from Solaria Systems seems to use this concept.

Edit: I add a link: http://www.casa-solaire.com
0 x
m_you49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Solar hot air wall, heliotrope climate house

by m_you49 » 25/05/22, 13:49

Nice these pages on JL Perrier which include the photos and documents I had on my site,
without telling me and without citing the sources: http://m.you.free.fr ... : Oops:
Good, but if it's for a good cause and it's consulted more, no problem :)
Come on, have a nice day. @+. MY
0 x
Mil'd49
m_you49
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Solar hot air wall, heliotrope climate house

by m_you49 » 25/05/22, 13:55

Which type of CTN1 and CTN2 temperature sensors do you think? I would say resistive but ...

These are Negative Temp Coef thermistors. A solar dif thermostat does the trick too.
0 x
Mil'd49