Protect themselves from possible future economic crisis

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Protect themselves from possible future economic crisis

by Christophe » 24/09/07, 17:29

Here is a text received by email concerning the hypothetical global economic crisis that could come in the near future and some ideas (or rather way of thinking and living) to limit the "damage" ...

More: https://www.econologie.com/forums/a-propos-d ... t4062.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/usa-nouvea ... t4068.html
Understanding economic crisis

Hello all

Following the messages I sent about the current financial crisis, a lot of people have written to me asking: can we still avoid the crisis and what to do to protect themselves if it breaks hard and avoid its recurrence Pljus later?

I responded to these persones from my actruekl look of things, and I believe that after all these questions are probably questions that we ask everyone more or less.
So you will find my answer to these questions below. It has no "truth" value of course, but it can nourish your own thinking and help you find YOUR answer.

Sincerely
Philippe Derudder

1) Know what you can do individually to avoid having to suffer the consequences of the crisis:

Well, as you say yourself "it is probably too late". When the bombs start to fall, we can only pray and hope that they will not fall on our heads.

One can imagine that we are at the dawn of a "1929-type" crisis whose consequences can be even more devastating because the interdependence of world economies and finances expose us even more. However, it is an important point that we must not lose sight of this crisis is financial and is only the result of thinking.

What can happen? That in a first time some banks go bankrupt and involve in their collapse of the more important banks, all this "small world" carrying its customers in the abyss, and thus causing the total collapse of the system by effect of domino. The carried away businesses no longer operate, no longer deliver and forced unemployment is added to the chaos / panic in front of empty stores ...

But when we say "go bankrupt" what does that mean? This
indicates that, for accounting purposes, the financial losses of a company are such that it can no longer meet its financial commitments.

We only speak of a D'accounting ECRITURES BALANCE which are only ABSTRACTIONS, that does not necessarily translate, far from it, the company's economic reality.

It can be useful, produce goods and services sought, have a loyal following, but fail under the pressure of competition, for example, or as a result of events beyond its control, such as the failure of his own bank!

The company is then forced to stop its activity which aggravates the crisis of unemployment it generates dismissing staff, and deprive the population of its production. Normally, this goes unnoticed, as competing companies quickly take up the space left vacant. But in a major crisis, the scale of the phenomenon can lead to chaos with all the “save who can” reactions, each more devastating than the next..

Understand that this only happens if we FORBIDDEN to go beyond the logic of bankruptcy. The accounting rule is only a totally arbitrary rule of the game, decided by the men themselves, to create in normal times favorable and fair conditions for all economic players. In a boxing matrch, we allow ourselves to "throw in the towel" if we fear for the life of a boxer. Cascading bankruptcies can lead to great poverty, violence and death; in all cases of REAL immense suffering, by inability to cross an ABSTRACT line, that of compatble bankruptcy.

Technically, in a case of a major crisis, one could imagine that the central banks create "ex nihilo" the money necessary to bail out the banks, by means of special bonds without maturity and without interest. But this should also be accompanied by a complete revision of the financial rules, because without it, it would be an invitation to do anything. In short, let's understand that technically it would be possible and that the threats that hover over our heads, and the suffering we endure, often have no other reality than that of a consequence of an inappropriate way of thinking. If we want to escape
crisis, change our way of thinking

This essential point being said, what can we individually do if there is a crisis and that globally we do not allow to exceed the
mental limit that we gave ourselves? Do not give in to the wind of panic and go inside yourself to find the point of confidence and benchmarks that can no longer be found outside in everyday life.

It is ultimately the benefit of any crisis. A crisis of any kind it is, is a wink of life to invite us to reconsider our way of thinking to free ourselves of the illusions that create our suffering. For the subject which interests us, thee Western world runs on the illusion that the
"happiness" depends on our ability to collect goods, to improve our level of comfort and security. "One day, when I have this or that, it will be fine" ... But you know, it is enough to take a look back on our life, our most beautiful victories have never stifled this feeling lack
, that little something indefinable that in the heart of the most beautiful day leaves a note of bitterness. On the big clean glass, always sits a fly, a little barely noticeable point that spoils our pleasure. This feeling of lack is a permanent suffering that we want to get rid ofIllusion that this can be done from the outside is the mechanism in which we lose if we are not careful, and whose trading system is watered shamelessly.

Thus, faced with any crisis, we have a choice: that of remaining locked in our illusion that happiness or misfortunes depend on external conditions, or that of going to find within us this point of peace and "plenitude" regardless of what is happening. outside. The illusion is difficult to recognize, because it seems obvious, whenever something "happens to us" that it is because of another or because of an event. Of course, our lives can be deeply disrupted, even seriously threatened by the consequences of a crisis. If we position ourselves as an innocent victim, we have every chance of suffering even more.

But if I consider the crisis as a mirror of the modes of thought to which I adhere or which I feed more or less consciously, if only out of habit; if I start to "dialogue" with life and ask it what I have to learn through what strikes me, then suffering takes on another meaning and does not affect us in the same way. I am not saying that I will be safe, I am simply saying that it opens the way for me to serenity, no matter what.

So I have no external recipe, no "shield" to offer. We all prepared for the coming storm, and I fit well into it. We have the ability to collectively avoid if we want to, but it requires a profound revision of our thinking.

If we don't succeed, the only thing left for us to do individually is to choose to live it beyond our fears, daring to look it in the eye to read how we, at our level, have contributed to it. The goal is not to feel guilty but to discover in this awareness, another way of considering life and "Who we are"; the goal is to get out of the illusion and the crises have this magic, it is that beyond their negative appearance, they erase the external references on which we used to rest, these comfortable habits which encourage us not to move any more, to stop our quest so as not to risk losing what has been hard won, they force us to go and find new landmarks deep within us, much more subtle and less illusory.

This is what we call desert crossings, and I know from experience how the journey to the arid and difficult start leads to lush oases.

2) What should be done to avoid this situation more generally:

Broad topic. I'll try to be brief.

a) On the financial economic plan, it will sooner or later that the accounting and financial rules reflect the real economy (production and exchange of wealth). What interests the human being is looking for a better quality of life. What interests economists and financiers, is seeking better financial performance. Two logics, two quests that combine rarely. But the governance of money is currently abandoned in the banking system, according to the rules of the time, forced him to be concerned only the fianciers balances regardless of the consequences on the lives of men and the state of the planet. It will achieve economic and financial system that accords with human reality.

This is of course the subject of my books, my lectures and workshops, but I invite you to discover an analysis and proposal of Maurice Allais, Nobel Prize in Economics on Link to read (.pdf)
It summarizes things in my opinion.

b) The men réapproprieront the economy and money as and
As they will recover their sovereignty. The fact that the
considerable power of money creation escapes Nations which, however, are only to have the legitimacy to exercise is
reveals how man has traded away its sovereignty for fear over the events of history, hoping to save his skin punctually.

The human challenge in the XXI century is to break with the illusion of which I spoke earlier. But to break up with her, it is still necessary to realize the illusion. This is what I call the shift from awareness of scarcity based on fear of scarcity and competition to awareness of Abundance based on trust and cooperation. I am attaching to you a synthetic table which summarizes this challenge, hoping that it is quite explicit by itself. In any case, this challenge is a challenge of conscience, that is to say of our capacity to apprehend "our reality" in a more exhaustive and coherent way with the information of our time.

That's it, I hope I answered knowing that in the end I
raises more questions than I give answers; but that's fine because there is not a response type, it is that the answers chaucun faces his fate.

Sincerely
Philippe
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 09 / 07, 12: 18, 2 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Protect yourself from possible future economic crisis

by bham » 24/09/07, 19:47

Christophe wrote: Here is a text received by email concerning the hypothetical global economic crisis that could come in the near future and some ideas (or rather way of thinking and living) to limit the "damage" ...

Following the messages I sent about the current financial crisis, a lot of people have written to me asking: can we still avoid the crisis and what to do to protect themselves if it breaks hard and avoid its recurrence Pljus later?
Philippe

In fact I think that the questions put to Philippe Derudder focus more on:
-that do financially?
-that will become our money? Monkey currency?
-What to do with our money? keep it ? to acquire "safe" goods?
-faut he make loans? by states and as betting on the fact that money will lose value?
etc -...
Changing mentality is laudable and desirable but it turns out that millions of people work to live and incidentally to pay more, more comfort, more pleasure, ++++ and also to build a woolen stocking for people. hard knocks. What will become of the savings of these economics, those needy people who would not like to see their efforts reduced to nothing?
Just like what happened in Argentina there are not so long if I remember correctly.
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 25/09/07, 11:06

And what is happening today in the USA will very quickly spread to us in France in the weeks to come if the main world banks do not re-inject "fresh" money into the deficits.
There is in France thousands of households who concocted mortgage lending variable rate, they çi course were relatively low at the time of contract and are envollés is recently on the rise resulting in higher monthly repayments + the assurances that come with course! and there is another type of credit that it çi is more devastating: the famous credit to consumption, that or you can borrow a sum the phone without presenting anything! the rate of these credits often turn between 15 and 20% and sometimes even more! People throw it in the feet to finance a trip, a flat screen, a jalopy etc ... but their salaries do not increase, the prices always increase consomation and always with their share of various taxes and any and everything and it strangles in more than one! some remake of credit conso ... to pay their monthly installments of credit conso ... + immo credit !!! :frown: and the idler pulley to run until the DISASTER! : Evil:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 25/09/07, 15:07

A2E wrote:there is another type of credit that it çi is more devastating: the famous credit to consumption, that or you can borrow a sum the phone without presenting anything!

Exact ! Be sure to read the sign on the TV:
"Buy now, pay in 2008 , 2009,2010, 2020 ....

: Mrgreen:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 25/09/07, 21:10

Hmm,

even accountants who make their ...

I do not understand how some poor people could not have their roof, well not a palace but a home.

I'll revise my 1929 crisis.

a+
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 26/09/07, 08:02

freddau wrote:Hmm,

even accountants who make their ...

I do not understand how some poor people could not have their roof, well not a palace but a home.

I'll revise my 1929 crisis.

a+

Yes Freddau! but acquiring the stone at any rate might not anyway !!! otherwise the gap quickly! : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/07, 12:04

freddau wrote:I do not understand how some poor people could not have their roof, well not a palace but a home.

Ben tenant be his banker during 30 years 50% with rent more expensive and ultimately to own during the last years of his life 20 at best, is it really a good calculation for the poor? Add estate costs ... and the math is definitely negative with respect to the lease.

I dream for a while a real estate leasing system ... but do not dream just ...

In terms of revising the 1929 crisis, everything is:
Understanding economic crisis
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/07, 12:35

1929 like the crisis is really well explained on Wiki: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krach_de_1929
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

There is one thing that I do not understand

by gentil33 » 28/01/11, 16:13

At this point, everyone starts to buy gold and silver bullion as people have less and less confidence in the dollar and the euro. But for these two metals prices remain stable. If I understand Pierre Jovanovic, is that the Fed, printing tickets mountains, keeps artificially low current. How is this possible ????
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/11, 16:35

Uh ca it's about unearthing! : Shock:

The cow "econology" had therefore foreseen in 2007 the crisis in which we are right in? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

To your question: what course are you talking about? Of dollars or metals?
If this is the dollar printing money creates inflation that keeps the low current (usually more devaluation) get what cogitate here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/tout-savoi ... t2177.html
0 x