Malus ecological tax on the sale of energy-consuming housing?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Malus ecological tax on the sale of energy-consuming housing?

by Christophe » 17/06/09, 10:31

Real estate: the idea of ​​a tax on poorly ecological housing resurfaces

At the end of an interview published this morning by Les Echos in which Jean-Louis Borloo welcomes the success of the new zero-rate eco-loan, the Minister of Ecology evokes the possible creation of a tax applied to the purchase of poorly ecological housing.

More than an electoral asset, more than a working track, sustainable development appears today as "an essential element for ending a massive and structuring crisis for the whole of society". According to Jean-Louis Borloo, keeping the commitments of the Grenelle Environment Forum could indeed create more than 600.000 jobs between 2009 and 2020 (530.000 by 2011).

If we can only welcome such an announcement, the issue of training building professionals to bring the building stock up to standard and that of funding for the latter are still being debated. On this last point, the Minister welcomed the support won by the recent zero-rate eco-loan. "The success is amazing and even goes beyond our forecasts," he said, adding that since April 1, 2009, partner banks have already distributed some 10.000 eco-loans of this type. "I think we are going to go faster than expected, since we had counted on 100.000 loans over the first twelve months!" "

Asked about certain measures on which the Grenelle of the environment has passed, Jean-Louis Borloo reaffirms his positioning favorable to the creation of a possible tax associated with the purchase of a property not conforming to the requirements of the Grenelle. "I keep in mind a measure that had been shifted at the request of the building profession". Not to mention the budgetary problems that this would imply for homeowners, the lack of professionals "trained and able to meet demand" had in effect ousted from the discussions the obligation to thermally renovate a home before it was put up for sale.

So the idea is resurfacing today: “I think it's something that will have to be taken sooner or later. I had argued at the time for a “bonus-malus mutation” with exemption from duties [of transfer] in the event of very good thermal efficiency and a heavy increase for the most misclassified. It is a cartridge that I keep in mind, "concluded the Minister of Ecology.

The transfer taxes, that is to say the tax that the purchaser of a house pays to the tax authorities in order to finalize the transfer of property, now amount to 5,09% of the price d purchase of the property. Opting for ecologically and thermally efficient accommodation could therefore allow total or partial exemption from these transfer taxes.

Source Immo Diagnosis

It remains to be seen, these are precisely the "thermal conditions of Grenelle" because I think that 95% of housing in France today does not meet strict standards (RT2005 or more) ... And again I am "generous" with the 5% ...

In any case it does not already please the federation of real estate agents:

The Federation draws attention to three points: first of all: “transfer rights being borne by the purchaser, this measure would have no incentive character for sellers; it would, moreover, be inflationary: sellers would not fail to raise their selling prices in the case of energy-efficient housing; finally, in the case of poorly classified housing, buyers would be forced to pay increased transfer taxes and would then see their financial capacity reduced by an amount that they could no longer spend on their renovation ”.

Source

"Funny" all the same that real estate developers are worried about the rise in real estate prices when they are the main ones responsible for the outrageous speculation which has been taking place since the beginning of the 2000s in this area ...

Are they trying to take us for hams? : Shock:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/06/09, 10:41

Eh yes, ecology is a buisness which allows the revival and the maintenance of growth

As for the housing penalty, it has been hanging in our face for a while
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/09, 10:47

Well, there is already the compulsory DPE which can already be considered as a "penalty" by some raptors ...

But hey what is a few hundred euros on a real estate transaction of several hundred thousand euros?

By the way, Maloche you who is in the field, it is valid how long a DPE? And under what conditions should we redo one?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/06/09, 11:28

Just ask :D

10 years: http://www.logement.gouv.fr/article.php ... ticle=6408

The DPE has a validity period of ten years, regardless of the work undertaken on the building during this period. The DPE offers recommendations for work which must then be studied with professionals. Once this work has been done, your DPE will always remain valid, but you will then have an interest in having a DPE carried out which will be representative of the property that you have renovated.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/09, 11:33

Ah thank you :)

Whatever the works? Weird ... actually better to do one again!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/06/09, 23:08

What is this tax rage? We are not at the PS, as far as I know.

The new deal in terms of the sale of a building is to force a "light" building to be sold.
you know what you are buying.
For example, in Belgium, the building must be sold with a report from an approved inspection body on the electrical installation.
Energy audits become mandatory.

So, you choose:

either a building at 200.000 euros, all compliant, super economical and all and everything (certified)
either you are ready to do work and you pay a comparable building 175 or 150.000 euros.
It's up to you: you are tall now.
And you may have good reasons (eg, you are super DIY, so it will only cost you 15000 euros to catch up)

It's like a used car

No need to tax: informing is completely healthy, it seems to me.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/06/09, 01:16

elephant wrote:[...] No need to tax: to inform is completely healthy, it seems to me.
Not that easy !
Who knows, and is concerned in France today, about the difference between a good classified D (the average) and another classified G? Or between a D and a B?
On the other hand, the tax should indeed be borne by the seller, and not by the buyer ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/06/09, 07:20

But, b ... why do you want to tax?
The buyer can find out.
When the seller, he is sufficiently taxed by his excessive energy expenditure and the lower price he gets. Anyway, sellers don't usually have the money before the sale to do the work, that's why they sell.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/09, 09:50

I also think that if the price of energy doubles or triples, there will be an increasing number of families who can no longer afford to heat their homes.

We had some premises when fuel was € 1 per liter.

I knew some in my professional circle at that time ...

So I think that in half a dozen years perhaps, some energy-consuming houses could lose a lot of value and economical houses would gain a lot ...

Hence, the fact that insulation is much more profitable than what is currently calculated, generally on the based on current prices !
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/09, 10:09

It is true that there is no need to tax ... when there is ... speculation !!

: Evil:

The real estate pros are the first to talk about the crisis because they are so used to marching like pigs that they talk about a "mega crisis" just because prices are no longer rising by double digits! !!

They therefore do not want taxes quite simply because they want to add "energy" added value to their margins !!

We should therefore start by educating individuals to assess the fair price of a property ...

Elephant in Belgium it still goes (except certain district) but in certain areas of France, Alsace in particular, it became anything. There are family houses of 200m² in the suburbs of Strasbourg which test the million € !! For it is a house, not a castle!

What we stop buying is no longer sold ...

After we accept this but cry in front of the cameras for lettuce at 2 euros ... There is really something wrong in our heads of rich!
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"