Discussion European Elections - the 7 June 2009 -

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/09, 00:01

Here are the results: the big winner is good Europe Ecology and the other Ecolo parties!

Now we are entitled to demand, more than for other political bonimeuteurs, to see concrete results on the ground!
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Election debate

by bobono » 08/06/09, 09:14

Change of tone more systematic criticism of S.

I think politics is a job. In France it is a way, FOR SOME, to earn money easily while biasing on all the oportunity to get dirty hands by shuffling.

Is ecology compatible with the current functioning of our society and I say no.

One example. 1% of the agricultural area disappears each year en route home etc. Yet the French population is only increasing. More people to feed, for less surface therefore we will be more and more dependent on AGROCHIMIE to feed us and digest the pollution that produces every inhabitant of our territory.

Danny the red will he be the courage to stop more forest destruction in europe more motorway construction etc.
stop the increase of human beings on earth etc.

I strongly doubt, the usual train train will resume short.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Election debate

by Arthur_64 » 08/06/09, 09:23

bobono wrote:Is ecology compatible with the current functioning of our society and I say no.

Ben in this case is the society that must change!
0 x
Damn, but how did we get here?
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Election debate

by Woodcutter » 08/06/09, 10:00

Arthur_64 wrote:
bobono wrote:Is ecology compatible with the current functioning of our society and I say no.

Ben in this case is the society that must change!
Yeah, it's not new!

This is what Hulot and others have been saying for some time now ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Election debate

by bobono » 08/06/09, 10:58

I think that his elections are not very good for Sarko because AUBRI fired and Sego back in force and the 100% of PS voters will vote! Time will tell
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 08/06/09, 15:35

Christophe wrote:Here are the results: the big winner is good Europe Ecology and the other Ecolo parties!

Now we are entitled to demand, more than for other political bonimeuteurs, to see concrete results on the ground!

This is a huge success for political ecology, especially in France!
We have exceeded our wildest dreams with Europe Ecology. It's a sick thing !! What party !

However, I remember that we remain very much a minority in the Euro-Parliament and that it is always the right that dominates in Strasbourg. We must not expect European policies to become eco-friendly overnight.

It's only a beginning. In France we firmly intend to transform the test to regional and cantonal. Even in the event of alliance with the other parties of the left (too early to know), we are already reinforced to negotiate more green seats in any majorities in the councils. And that will not end up having any impact on the ground.

A single vote is not enough, we must continue this beautiful dynamic in the long term!
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"