Discussion European Elections - the 7 June 2009 -

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/06/09, 00:27

recyclinage wrote:i know i am a mega bug
the difference between you and me
you think you're the master because you're basing yourself on others

I am fighting against myself the progress is more obvious, ...
Here, I crossed the limits and I regret it. :? :|
I am not a "master", and anyone who thinks so here would be wrong.
I hate fighting by nature.
The members of this forum are all fighting against themselves to succeed in progressing in their economic goals. They are generally quite modest and tolerant. I too try to be.

Reading your messages made me feel uncomfortable, I did not try to analyze the cause or the reason, I apologize.
I just invite you to build and structure your messages in a more conventional way, if possible by taking care of the spelling.
I do it myself, painstakingly, and only publish them after preview and proofreading, trying to put myself in the place of my readers to make sure they understand me.
:?
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Discussion European election

by Rulian » 07/06/09, 01:01

citro wrote:
bobono wrote:Bravo Citro I join you in the way you see his elections
I will not vote on Sunday.
Well, I'm not following you. :?:
MY way of seeing the elections ... It is absolutely necessary TO GO VOTE.
I have a holy horror of this concept: left / right.
This Manichean way of looking at things bothers me.
I am a humanist from earth, I feel as far removed from a royalist as from a Trotskyist, even from a "moderate centrist" who wishes not to upset anything. I'm not a revolutionary, I just wish we could urgently enter a period evolutionary.
For this it is necessary to put the man at the center of concerns because he is the responsible, the actor and the victim.
It is not economics or ecology that will change man, but the reverse.

Completely agree with Citro: you MUST go to vote. Voting is not just a right, it is a duty. And you are free to vote blank.

Also agree on the growing absurdity of the left / right divide.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 07/06/09, 08:59

Pitain, I knew I forgot something when I got up, will go to the Groupe Scolaire des Lilas.

I asked myself a question: why we could not vote for any list of any country, since they are Europeans? I know, it would be a mess to manage!

Come on, I'm going to vote for my mustache muse : Cheesy: .

And for the record, not going to vote is favoring the favorite party in the polls!
0 x
Damn, but how did we get here?
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 07/06/09, 11:27

Arthur_64 wrote:Come on, I'm going to vote for my mustache muse : Cheesy:
Arlette Laguiller? : Lol:

Brrr… I blame myself for having voted a bit hastily (and for having said nonsense before).

I just learned on the radio that it takes at least 5% to be elected, when I wrongly thought it was 10%.

It changes everything.
Indeed in my region Massif Central Center, there are 5 places to be filled (and 20 lists).
For the example, the polls give approximately: 26 - 20 - 15 - 12 - 6,5 - 5 - 4,5 -… ..
So 20% for a place.
2 places are allocated to the first 2, 3 places remain to be shared:
One for the third, one for the fourth. And the last ?

Neck to neck between the first, the fifth, the sixth and the seventh.
In fact I voted for a list which will certainly have an elected representative, whereas I would have encouraged a side by side list which I like. But that I dismissed, because useless with less than 10%, in my idea.
Do this calculation before going to vote.

(It will always be that less for the first to the polls)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/06/09, 11:38

in fact, below the level of studies at Polytechnique, nobody knows how to vote. By the way, how many people will the Independent Europe Abstention list have? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/09, 11:46

Rulian wrote:Completely agree with Citro: you MUST go to vote. Voting is not just a right, it is a duty. And you are free to vote blank.

In Belgium it is an obligation : if you registered you MUST vote under penalty of sanction (fine), France (and others) would do (in) t better to be inspired by it ... instead of whining about abstentionism .. .

Now, if the vote is compulsory in Belgium, one wonders pkoi since the "chiefs" are really struggling to run the country (see the absence of government for 18 months!) .... : Cheesy:
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 07/06/09, 12:18

Christophe wrote:In Belgium it is an obligation : if you registered you MUST vote under penalty of sanction (fine), France (and others) would do (in) t better to be inspired by it ... instead of whining about abstentionism .. .

There is no question of being inspired by it: it is up to politicians to make voters want to vote ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/09, 12:27

And what? Voting is a right, pkoi ca not a citizen duty?

I prefer to be obliged to go to vote than to be obliged to do my military service!

Does a democracy where 30% of people decide for the other 70% remain a democracy? Is this ballot simply legitimate? In the current system, the answer is yes !!

I would also be taken into account in the display of the results of an election:

a) blank votes (dispute)
b) abstentionism (even in case of obligation)
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 07/06/09, 14:18

Because they are responsible for the rampant abstention. Voters think that voting is no longer useful, and no longer see the point of traveling.

Does a democracy where 30% of people decide for the other 70% remain a democracy? Is this ballot simply legitimate? In the current system, the answer is yes !!

At the same time, it is often the largest minority and not the majority that wins.

I would also be taken into account in the display of the results of an election:

a) blank votes (dispute)
b) abstentionism (even in case of obligation)

Idem.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Election debate

by bobono » 07/06/09, 16:31

Response to Citro

I agree with your way of judging politicians today.

Bélanchon had the courage to leave a game, to put everything back on track and to start again.

The day we have an OBAMA in France I will go to vote or a De Gaule.

I repeat it disappointed by the socialo of 1981 (The left caviar) I am not very optimistic for the future.

Why for example a sportsman like NADAL or another Spanish does not leave are Country to pay less taxes and yet they are Socialos in business ????,
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"