French public debt: Woerth VS F. de Closets

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

French public debt: Woerth VS F. de Closets

by Christophe » 05/02/10, 14:07

Broadcast yesterday evening live on France3, a debate on public debt.

Edit here is the full debate here: https://www.econologie.com/ce-soir-ou-ja ... -4237.html

I have not seen everything but the defenders of "the debt" = close to the government = defender of the current system did not convince me, very low level of argument (including the Minister) but it can be done on purpose so as not to tell the truth to the face ... but I wouldn't like to influence you, so watch the show available in stream here: http://ce-soir-ou-jamais.france3.fr/?pa ... brique=947

A single curve sums up the problem well (which is not debt but interest):

Source: http://www.dettepublique.org/

List of guests for the debate:

Eric Woerth: Minister of the Budget

Minister of Budget, Public Accounts, Public Service and State Reform. It is Eric Woerth who, with the Minister of the Economy and Finance, Christine Lagarde, announced the will to go down under 3% 2013, considering that it is a realistic objective which can to be reached for half thanks to the recovery and for half by the reduction of the expenditure. It is on this occasion that he has thus maintained the promise of Nicolas Sarkozy not to raise taxes, an ambition difficult to achieve according to many economists

Paul Jorion: Anthropologist

Sociologist, anthropologist and economist discipline, Paul Jorion taught at the Universities of Brussels, Cambridge, Paris VIII and California. The general public knows him especially for being one of the first to predict the crisis, by announcing from 2006 the crisis of the subprimes. Two books published in recent weeks bear his signature, first of all "How Truth and Reality were invented" (Gallimard) but also "Money, how to use" (Fayard). For Paul Jorion, the government's desire to rapidly reduce the public debt must be understood as the pursuit of a harmful neoliberal policy, the very one that, according to Paul Jorion, led to the crisis we know.

François de Closets: Journalist

Journalist and writer. After making his debut at AFP François de Closets was a science journalist on television where he produced various programs on science or economics. He has also written extensively for print media, including the Nouvel Observateur, the Thursday and L'Express events. He is also the author of many essays like "Happiness and more", "the great Manip", or "Countdown". François de Closet has just published "Zero fault: the spelling, a French passion".

Dominique Reynié: Political scientist, Professor Sciences Po

Political scientist, Professor at Sciences Po, and Director General of the Foundation for Political Innovation (Fondapol). It is under the auspices of its foundation that the notes "Reducing debt through the Constitution: creating a fiscal rule in France" and Strategy for a reduction of the French public debt, respectively by Jacques Delpla and Nicolas Bouzou were published . It is on the occasion of this publication that the Fondapol has just published a survey on the perception of public debt by the French, survey that shows that deficits are now one of the concerns of the French.

Sandra Moatti: Editor, Deputy Chief, Economic Alternatives

Deputy editor of the monthly magazine "Alternatives Economiques", Sandra Moatti signs the file that the magazine has chosen to address this month, entitled: "Should we be afraid of debt? ". In her article, without denying the importance of the problem of public deficits, Sandra Moati questions the many "prejudices" that this debate raises.

Bertrand Lemennicier: Economist, Professor University Paris II

Doctor in economics and professor at the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas. Author of books such as "The marriage and family market", "Five questions to the unions" or "La Morale versus the economy", (Editions d'Organization) Bertrand Lemennicier claims his belonging to the sphere He was a liberal thinker and he was in charge of the European branch of the Institute of Humane Studies, an institution that aims to train students in liberal thought.

Daniel Benoin: Director

Central and major figure of the French and European theatrical scene, Daniel Benoin is since 8 years the director of the National Theater of Nice. Author, translator, actor and director, he is also and above all a director, and in recent months, in addition to the play of Christine and Olivier Orban, "the collector" which has just ended, he staged "a dyptic for a crisis "with two pieces," the novel of a trader "by Jean-Louis Bauer, inspired by the Jérôme Kerviel affair and" ADA: The Money of Others "by Jerry Sterner.

Read also: https://www.econologie.com/forums/article-10 ... t6156.html
Last edited by Christophe the 25 / 02 / 11, 22: 11, 4 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/10, 14:49

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/10, 18:14

Does the FR3 stream work for you? At my house no ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/02/10, 19:14

I dared not tell you, but it’s fair :?

Too bad because the debate must have been interesting.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/10, 19:36

Damn it's not my Belgian IP so ...

Censorship of sarko or the world bank? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Too bad, it fell well this show because there is a mini crash today precisely because of public debts ... What a band of rednecks ... (the bankster not FR3)
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 06/02/10, 00:23

The guys managed to double the debt in a year, without investing anything in infrastructure or personnel, only worsening people's quality of life, and I read ... "the central scenario which foresees a decline of the public deficit at 6% in 2011 " : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: ... There they have more limit to take people for big idiots, we exploded the counter : Lol: !

Ah yes I followed the stock market today (actually every day), same, a fantastic thing : Lol: : new job destruction in the USA, like every month, but unemployment falls despite everything, yes yes : Lol: : Lol:. I admit that they managed to make me laugh : Mrgreen: !

What else can we say, the second crisis (well the next one on a series of n) hangs in our face, we take the same and start again, but the times are reduced each time (normal, there is nothing more to recover of the system by force) between each crisis.

Happy will be the people who know how to use their hands, or those who have a wood stove, and not a heart of stone, when it is all over!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/10, 11:20

Hi friends,

"I found it" a site where video extracts are on line
It’s really amazing with Paul Jorion ...

There is also comments from Paul Jorion's blog

The France 3 site is still HS :?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/10, 11:57

Another look at debt, according to John Perkins
It must be said that over-indebted Europeans like Spain, Greece ... and France are not immune to hostile financial maneuvers to put the yoke of interest on their heads.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/02/10, 12:05

Remundo wrote:The France 3 site is still HS :?

Given the delays, it may not be a technical problem ...
See the latest testimonials on the FR3 website:

marsanmax06, 07-02-2010 à 11:10:51

I don't understand that this program was censored. I saw it live and I advised my friends to watch it on the net. They were amazed not to be able to watch it. (...)
Read more
Upwind, 07-02-2010 at 10:10:43

I'm on linux. I can see the ad, but not the show. The show nevertheless seems to be interesting and to shed light on the functioning of the economy. Is it possible to encode (...)
Read more
estellemarque, 07-02-2010 at 03:12:21

Same msg as menguy3. Why is the video of February 4 not available? Ministerial instruction? I dare not believe it.

Thank you for finding some videos, here are the direct links to daily:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc4mtq ... ion-1_news
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc4mzt ... ion-2_news

They are also on Jorion's blog: http://www.pauljorion.com/blog/?p=7689

It's a very short shame ... but most likely, given the quality, from a digital video recorder. The author should have the integral at hand so ... I asked the question in one of the commentaries of daily.

But finally, if it is confirmed, I believe that the act of self-censorship of the stream by FR3 is more serious than the content of the program ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/10, 12:08

Mouce, I saw these interpretations on sites that were complaining about the bug.

If it's a real bug ... : Idea:

I prefer to think that it is a bug ... Otherwise, we are really in a damn system. :?
0 x