Territory Development

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Territory Development

by AVEVA » 15/12/05, 22:25

Excuse me, I'm the new kid (70 years old) and not used to forums or even to the computer! I may not be on the right index.
Tonight I attended a presentation in the presence of the mayor of the city (agglomeration of 70000 inhabitants) and I was amazed by what was said
All these handsome gentlemen have never heard of depletion and no more of climate change.
The subject of the day consisted in examining the DDE projects in terms of road improvement and in particular of the N104, it is the motorway which bypasses Paris in the big suburbs. It exists in the east of the capital but not in the west, and so tonight we razed buildings dug tunnels etc etc. in anticipation of the sharp increase in traffic after 15 or 20 years.
I made a business card with the address of my blog accessible through the AVEVA site mentioned in the "association" section of econology and distributed a few copies.
We need to establish an action program to get into the minds of these gentlemen that they can no longer play with our money to destroy the planet.
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 16/12/05, 20:12

Hello new kid : Wink:

We could maybe have a link to your blog. We could judge better.

As for me, I am not surprised the elected officials always have a war of delay ...
Finally, it may be the right expression :?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 16/12/05, 22:27

Bah,

to repair today the errors of the past while preserving its re-election.

This does not leave much time, money and energy to prepare for the future.
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
ecorage
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ecorage » 16/12/05, 23:20

So, AVEVA, embittered by life?
We are depressed, we have the blues, etc ...

This is what I read all day long on the forum from my site as soon as I address these questions.

Not easy to calmly announce bad news.
We pass for a bird of bad omens.

The information is only valid if it is positive.
Carouf stuffed it in our heads:
"With Carouf, I positive!"

So, the depletion, the PO (not the EPO!) And Hubbert we don't care ...
Long live progress, globalization etc ...

And then, shit, if it was serious, "we" would talk about it.
Look, the abyss of our debt, we are told and we are explained the solutions on TV ... with a smile!
"We" master.

The other day, a "petroleum guy" with a red thing on his head, a black mustache and a wide relaxed smile explained that production depended on ... the climate and ... other factors.

It is true that extraction in hot countries requires more frequent breaks at coca distributors, which slows production. : Lol:

Come on, courage, we positive, shit, it's for tomorrow, we're going to go to bed serenely by burying our heads in the sand, warm.

PS - You no longer have to be afraid of burying your head in the sand, we no longer have a good chance of dirtying it with oil!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 17/12/05, 00:21

Hello Aviva.

Nice to see that there is no age to realize that people are taken for fools. And I weigh my words : Lol:

Besides the issue of depletion that you seem to know, I suggest you read an excellent document by clicking here:

http://carfree.free.fr/index.php?2005/0 ... automobile

This is an anti-car activist document which summarizes all the aberrations generated by the car and shows how much you walk on your head. The regional planning chapter is also quite well stocked with edifying examples! I think you can find material to ask some very annoying questions to your elected officials and put them before their contradictions. I also think that it is a document to put before the eyes of all citizens. To distribute therefore.

More generally, visit the site: http://carfree.free.fr
You will surely find something to enrich your pitch.

Good luck and keep us informed of possible developments (we can always dream with these guys there :? )
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 17/12/05, 05:34

For the AVEVA website and blog it is by:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/aveva/

: Wink:

Welcome to AVEVA.
I am very happy to see that people of your generation
care about the environment and the future. Unfortunately
this is not a generality. The 2 previous generations
have strongly compromised our future and even more so that
of the generation that still sucks their thumbs, not to mention
those who don't even know that they will ever do it.

I encourage you to continue your awareness-raising action
in your region. Despite the influence you have may seem
insignificant, it contributes to the awareness that we
let's be part of this environment that collectively we degrade
selfishly for illusory comfort.
0 x
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

AVEVA (Friendly Association for Living in the City Otherwise)

by AVEVA » 17/12/05, 12:37

First of all thank you all for your positive comments and your encouragement.
- The link of the "AVEVA blog" is registered on Econology in the "association" section: http://aveva78.free.fr
- to "storm": neither embittered, nor depressed - disappointed!
- Thank you Rulian for this site which I did not know and which I will read carefully.
- Yes "my" influence is insignificant ..., I would like everyone to think about the means to be implemented to make "my" (our) influence more effective.
I think we should:
1) write a message (a bit like I tried to do on the AVEVA site) but shorter (3 or 4 pages) with lots of diagrams, graphics, photos, (people don't read more than 10 lines) but which does not weigh more than 500KB.
Then distribute the task to distribute it as an email attachment to a target of prospects.
2) Build a more elaborate sales pitch for mini-conferences from a PC.
NB I do not have enough computer skills to carry out these projects, are there amateurs?
3) Seek the participation of people in the media to support (at least morally) our action.
4) join a very small association (on the decline) recognized of general interest in which we would enter in number and which we would take control.
A great program, isn't it?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/12/05, 12:39

Rabbit wrote:I am very happy to see that people of your generation care about the environment and the future. Unfortunately this is not a generality. The 2 previous generations have strongly compromised our future and even more that of the generation that still sucks its thumb, not to mention those who do not even know that they will one day.

Octogenarians suffered from the privations of war, and learned to be content with little ...
After the war, the upturn in growth and industrial development led to an improvement in the life system compared to what they experienced.
Their baby boom children took advantage of this new material ease. But ridiculous material ease compared to all that is offered to the current young generations.
We ironically wish, by claiming that the current decision-makers come from the "generation 68" ... of the time, yes but not of thought ... At the time a very large majority of young people were altruistic, worried about the future of planet, and a society of excessive consumption.
If society does not evolve in the right direction, under the power of some, it is to the great regret of a large part of this generation which, it, did not vary in its initial ideas (of which I am) . Natural phenomenon: with age, and disillusionment, there is always a little "right-handed" drift, as we get older (statistical observation) ...
On the other hand, I was shocked by the next generation (Giscard and +), who when young, was no longer inhabited by altruistic feelings; succeed in society at all costs, first thinking of their ego, and nothing to give a damn about others ... With the onset of economic difficulties, they became responsible adults more quickly, without going through the humanist and altruistic period (which are lacking to their experience). It was not a so-called “leftist” generation… (Besides, it has become a dirty word…). So imagine what it can do with aging, with an accentuated right-handed drift…
Currently, the craze for ever more high-tech performance, throughput, images, availability, with the best in design, without big worries about becoming is the main driver of the majority of the young generation to the chagrin of their parents ... They sometimes have a hint of regret, with a clear opinion (of course ...), a realistic sigh, on the damage caused to the health of humans and the planet. Feeling quickly dismissed, to relaunch in a race of fashion and waste of finished products.
Always an endless race towards more sophisticated technology (catastrophic addiction)
For the youngest, the only concern is to have their mobile phone at Christmas. We will soon offer them the opportunity to follow the news or live football matches… They will be delighted…
The majority have neither the desire nor the idea to repair, preserve, recover to modify themselves, the objects of consumption
What they do not see is that there is nothing "consistent" behind it all, but that it is a waste of time to reflect on their future. Exhaustion of natural reserves, intense electromagnetic pollution, addiction and single-mindedness perfect for a dictatorship.
All this to say, that if you blame previous generations for having bequeathed a heavy debt to the youngest, those there, in majority, have a turn of mind worse than their parents, and do not seem to envisage any questioning in question of a system where they seem to have found their place. Hyperbolic system, comparable to a black hole.
Gegyx
0 x
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

econology = economy + ecology

by AVEVA » 28/12/05, 19:09

AVEVA does not wish to involve you in highly philosophical considerations ..., but on the contrary pragmatic:
Educate our fellow citizens on the phenomena of depletion and climate change.
Make popular the information you have in the field of econology.
What arguments to develop to be convincing?
What means should be used to reach the greatest number, the most influential?
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 28/12/05, 22:25

A link reported by Benoit- on the forum "No coment"
https://www.econologie.com/forums/no-comment-t1324.html

The truth about diesel pollution
http://fractales.inria.fr/~louchet/perso/diesel.html

Another fairly complete on depletion:
http://wolf.readinglitho.co.uk/francais/index.html

AVEVA should be interested
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"