Textile Ecotax or Emmaus tax

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Textile Ecotax or Emmaus tax

by bham » 20/11/06, 15:27

A report has just passed to the news 13pm from France 2 this Monday 20/11/2006: http://jt.france2.fr/13h/
Where we learn that the tax has just been voted at the request of Emmaus, that it will only cost a few cts of € per item of clothing, that it will generate around 25 million € / year of which 60% will be donated to Emmaüs (and the remaining 40%, is it for my apple? : Cheesy: ).
We are told that with this money, Emmaüs will be able to recycle clothes that were previously burned, causing pollution. Recycling can be done by unraveling clothes that were once burned to make thermal insulation for the home, for example, and that + will create jobs.
Okay, well this is an eco-tax that I approve of, na. Are you happy Christophe?
Well, if I were petty, I could say that we could also have started to do this kind of recycling (fraying - thermal insulation) by buying machines that are doing well on credit, via a solidarity bank, to start selling these " insulating materials to repay credit and hire without needing a tax. Anyway, let's say that I don't have all the elements in hand and that in the end, we are going in the right direction.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"