French oil consumption

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

French oil consumption

by hug » 12/01/07, 00:13

Calculation test to find out the oil grade by French

The prices varying a lot, I took the price of the day.

Tell me if I'm wrong somewhere?

oil price: 52 USD / barrel
EUR / USD parity: 1,29
so 1 barrel of oil is worth around 40 EUR
1 barrel is worth 159 liters

Density of oil: around 0,8
So 1 ton of oil is worth 1250 liters, or 7,8 barrels.

On wikipedia, they say that 1 ton of oil is worth about 7 barrels (depending on the density of oil)

I take 1 ton is worth 7,5 barrels so 300 EUR

Each French consumes about 1,3 Ton of oil / year

So every French pays about 400 EUR each year.
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 12/01/07, 08:54

I use up to € 200 of diesel per month ...
or around 4000 € per year ...

therefore coef price of oil -> price of diesel = 10?
between the margins of refiners wholesalers and other distributors, plus taxes, here we are ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Oil consumption by French

by moinsdewatt » 11/11/12, 20:03

The French buy less fuel, the State loses

09/11/2012

At the end of September, the state coffers had garnered 10 billion euros in revenue from the TICPE (internal consumption tax on energy products, the new name for the TIPP), according to the monthly budgetary situation published by Bercy. It is 450 million less than last year at the same time! Admittedly, at the end of August, the government decided to lower the prices of TICPE by 3 cents for three months. But this tax rebate, supposed to cost the state 300 million, does not in itself explain the fall in revenue. The main factor is the change in behavior of the French who adapt to soaring prices by consuming less fuel. In September, this consumption dropped by 6% compared to the previous year. TICPE's revenues are directly linked to the liters of petrol, diesel and fuel oil purchased. Bercy had anticipated this phenomenon, counting on falling TICPE revenues in 2012 (13,6 billion, against 14,3 billion in 2011). And he is no more optimistic for 2013.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/2012 ... y-perd.php
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/11/12, 21:20

Could you explain something to us STP: you who are called in electricity, in order to better understand?

The “FULL NEED” energy (all sources combined), would correspond to 18 TWh / year (according to the Désertec project, here ...> )

I do not know how much it is in PET, I get lost in the orders of magnitude (and to compare with what the author of the thread says, but whatever).

Since we know that a 160 MW solar thermal power plant would cost $ 1 billion according to this post:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post242187.html#242187

Reported in MWh / year, how many power stations of this type would it take to cover the FULL NEED?

Then it would be enough to divide the consumption per capita and per year, to see what total amount we would arrive ...? (After adding the equivalent KWh / year for domestic heating + sanitary water, and per capita, of course! Figure which is not included in these 400 €, but how much?)

So we could better assess the potential of this "solar thermal".
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/12, 21:59

Some are angry with the numbers, because, not doing any exercise at all, their brain is not enough blood-fed, to make these careful calculations, without making a nice salad !!!

And they forget that the solar requires the storage of this sun of the day for the night at least, resolved to heat the winter, with the summer heat stored underground, at www.dlsc.ca operating since 2007, and generalizable to solar concentration at a much higher temperature !!!

It is a reality stifled by lobbies, and the negators of reality, irritated by these realities, are asked not to write a flood of insults !!
0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!
The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/11/12, 23:02

Can you remind me, Dede, of the names of those Canadians who geothermally store solar energy? : Mrgreen:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/11/12, 23:20

Superform wrote:I use up to € 200 of diesel per month ...
or around 4000 € per year ...
Here, the year lasts 20 months at home. : Shock:

Superform wrote:therefore coef price of oil -> price of diesel = 10?
between the margins of refiners wholesalers and other distributors, plus taxes, here we are ...
Except that in a barrel of oil we do not extract only fuel but also many other derivatives ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/11/12, 23:23

Remundo wrote:Can you remind me, Dede, of the names of those Canadians who geothermally store solar energy? : Mrgreen:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post235636.html#235636

( : Lol: that's what you thought ... : Arrowu: except that it's been a long time since I answered him anymore ....)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/11/12, 23:30

Obamot wrote: except that it's been a long time since I answered him anymore ....)

Fortunately, because there was a time when you worked there full time. It seems that it was your signature that took over. I notice signature fights, now. It's new. 8)

I just wanted to put a little humorous note in this thread. End of HS.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/11/12, 23:39

Noooooooonnn you're not there.

It is NOT my decision, but the application of a collegial decision (or even from here):
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post243483.html#243483

Except that after ten days, we see that it was used for nothing ...

... if you also raise it : Lol: you have some good advice ... : Mrgreen:
0 x