Animals in the walls, alternative solutions to poison?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Animals in the walls, alternative solutions to poison?

by Pierre-Yves » 24/06/12, 12:18

Old houses have their charm ... but also some disadvantages! In particular our walls are infested with various critters. There would only be small mice, it would still pass, but there are also large unidentified specimens: I discovered droppings which are several times the volume of those of mice.

Besides poison, is there a way to tell them to squat elsewhere?

Merci!
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/06/12, 19:00

For rats, there are traps that take prisoners.

Appat: I successfully tried dark (Belgian!) Chocolate: my field mice loved it.

As the children would never have supported that we kill these cute critters, we had made with the son, the electronic trap "Mickey 2000"

recipe:

a wine case
a falling door triggered by an electromagnet
an infrared alarm system detector

when the beast reaches the bottom, it is detected, the current in the EM is interrupted, the door falls.

All the sport being to recover the animal in an ad hoc cage, then to go to deposit it very far.

do not use any trellis: a young field mouse easily passes through 10 mm mesh.

place the wires outside, otherwise it will eat them!

dark chocolate is apparently toxic: if theobromine is beneficial for an animal of the size of man, it is clearly less for a beast of 20 grams.

But ..... we don't care : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Flytox

Re: beasts in the walls

by Flytox » 24/06/12, 19:23

Pierre-Yves wrote:Old houses have their charm ... but also some disadvantages! In particular our walls are infested with various critters. There would only be small mice, it would still pass, but there are also large unidentified specimens: I discovered droppings which are several times the volume of those of mice.

Besides poison, is there a way to tell them to squat elsewhere?

Merci!

If the house is a little isolated, you can disturb the critters by playing loud music all day long (transistor). They take us away at night and sleep during the day, so while we are at work, we give them a hell of hell! When they are fed up with treatment they will go play somewhere else ... : Mrgreen:

If Chérie FM is not enough, I recommend an alternation of Mireille Mathieu / a speech by Sarko ..... Radical! Poor beasts, this is really mistreatment : Mrgreen: Here we take a big risk with the SPA.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 24/06/12, 19:42

I have ultrasonic transmitters on 220v.
Not very effective on smiles.
The cat is the best weapon.
Except that this idiot brings them back to the dog.
Who finishes them.
Looping "Mein kampf" should be radical on the amp.
: Mrgreen:
Even on the neighbors : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 24/06/12, 21:46

All the sport being to recover the animal in an ad hoc cage, then to go to deposit it very far.

The abandonment of animals is severely punished by law ....... hi, hi, hi
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/06/12, 15:14

this is the big problem of insulation inside: highway mouse everywhere!

and I see big problems with wood framing coming

it confirms my preference for exterior insulation with good masonry walls well cemented inside
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 25/06/12, 15:28

I heard from males that they locked a small container of flour mixed with powdered plaster behind the placo.
As soon as the food smiles, it solidifies at the first drop drunk, and dries in the partition without stinking.

I once saw a chalet where the smiles had died in the partitions.
Hello smell.

I like to use glue (around a cake or a piece of potato), it is odorless and more effective than the swatter that works little on little mice.
And as soon as the swatter feels the dead smile, it works less well.
Especially not poison with the dog who takes the smiles for chewing gum.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/06/12, 15:36

I worked in an abattoir ... To prevent the rat (Norway rat) from entering where he wants to enter I can guarantee you that it is a fight of titans ... They come to the end of everything. We should manufacture everything that needs to pierce, cut, slice, smash in rat teeth ... The resource is inexhaustible and the quality flawless ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 25/06/12, 16:59

chatelot16 wrote:this is the big problem of insulation inside: highway mouse everywhere!

and I see big problems with wood framing coming

it confirms my preference for exterior insulation with good masonry walls well cemented inside

I do not share this opinion.
Timber frame houses (and small collectives) will undoubtedly be the future of construction, for a lot of reasons.

As far as mice are concerned, MOBs have more and more rigid hoods and vents (and that will very quickly become the "norm") which makes it impossible for the critters to pass through.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.