Textiles made from bamboo and soy

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bioman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Textiles made from bamboo and soy

by bioman » 14/04/06, 13:46

We are starting to hear about clothing, the main fiber of which is bamboo or soybeans, and we are told that it is not only economical but also ecological.

Do you know more, is it really ecological?

Is this a real alternative to petroleum-based textiles?

Could it save the European textile industries from the Asian invasion?
0 x
The human must understand that he is part of an ecosystem as well as everything that lives on earth, and before it's too late ...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 19/04/06, 22:37

Hmm, a priori bamboo and soy, it looks rather Asian.

It would rather be linen and wool.
0 x
bioman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bioman » 20/04/06, 13:22

: Arrow: Indeed, it looks rather Asian. However, a good number of French and European companies are embarking on the production of these fibers which have advantages in terms of production, such as the fact that bamboo grows very quickly. On the other hand I don't know anything about the transformation of the plant into fabric, and that may be where the rub is :frown:
0 x
The human must understand that he is part of an ecosystem as well as everything that lives on earth, and before it's too late ...
Nimzegin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nimzegin » 22/04/06, 04:40

With all this fallow land in France we could start growing flax and hemp again. Flax is already grown in Brittany, the only problem is the Chinese who buy all the production, to make clothes that they then sell to us :|
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"