Special Envoy: the "Descenders"

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Special Envoy: the "Descenders"

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 23:24

It happened last Thursday in Special Envoy:

1st part to see here: https://www.econologie.com/les-decroissa ... -4323.html

Decreasing, less consuming to live better? A report by Sophie Romillat and David Geoffrion

Sociologists call them "decreasing", in France, they are more and more numerous to refuse to consume more and more. They reject the spiral of the consumer society. When the rest of the population thinks only of increasing their purchasing power, the decreasing prefer to work less, earn and spend less. It is not a question of throwing away everything they have, but of gradually reducing their consumption by adopting a thrifty lifestyle, based on the D system. A whole program which is increasingly appealing to the French. Impossible to know the number of "decreasing" in France, but it is a real trend, a strategy of adaptation to the crisis less and less marginal. The "decreasing" are not tight-fisted, but ecologists who favor the system D. Concretely, they save energy, water, electricity and gasoline, limit their waste, they move as little as possible in car or plane, boycott supermarkets, eat organic food produced locally to limit transport and packaging. So who are these "decreasers"? What are their solutions to buy less and less, to limit their waste or to avoid the car? Meet these consumers who have decided to change their lifestyle. Alexandre lives in the Parisian suburbs driven by a singular objective, to consume as little as possible. He spends his time tracking down waste. Bénédicte lives in a traditional tent in the Hautes Alpes, 1 meters above sea level in the middle of nowhere. There is also a new generation of descendants, they are young, they live in big cities and they earn a very good living. Like Audrey, a sales engineer in Lyon, who collects whole crates of damaged vegetables left by traders at the end of the market.

Despite the Trailer, the 3rd example of the report of the decreasing (2 sales engineers who do the "trash" by earning 5000 € per month: what will they do with their pogon later in your opinion?) Is much closer to stingy pettiness what a less consumerist philosophy of life!

Ah, these journalists must always take the extremes ... finally given the title ...

Personally, I do not feel decreasing but yet I consume less (compared to the average): living better is better compared to what? Whose?

Soon all ecologists (including econologists) will be classified as decreasing, a highly derogatory term! : Evil:

The real decreases are them...

To see again here: http://envoye-special.france2.fr/index- ... brique=776
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 01 / 11, 12: 45, 5 edited once.
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 15/02/09, 23:29

Recycling is a great and growing business.
It is creating new wealth, jobs, and this with waste.

These people who recover and repair old objects, these consumers of waste, they are completely part of the philosophy of natural capitalism.

Some believe that they do not consume by consuming waste.
It's absurd. They are mistaken, they consume, it is inevitable. Man, like any living species, cannot live without consuming matter / energy.

In Natural Capitalism, Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins and his wife L. Hunter propose a four-pronged strategy for founding natural capitalism:

1. Radically increase the productivity of raw materials: More efficient use of resources has three important benefits: it slows the depletion of resources at one end of the chain, decreases pollution at the other end, and can lower the level unemployment by providing meaningful jobs.

2. Practice biomimicry: By imitating nature, we can eliminate even the very idea of ​​waste. You just have to invent materials, processes and products which will make it possible to form loops which are part of major natural cycles and which encourage the constant reuse of raw materials and the elimination of toxic materials.

3. Establish a service and rental economy: Natural capitalism calls for a fundamental change in the relations between producer and consumer, a shift from an economy of goods and purchases to an economy of services and rental. In conventional capitalism, the acquisition of goods gives a measure of wealth; in natural capitalism, the continuous enjoyment of the quality, usefulness and performance of products gives a measure of well-being.

4. Investing in natural capital: There is an urgent need to reinvest in restoring, maintaining and enhancing our most important form of capital - our own natural habitat and the physical foundations of natural productivity and diversity.

http://agora.qc.ca/mot.nsf/Dossiers/Capitalisme_naturel
Last edited by Elec the 15 / 02 / 09, 23: 38, 5 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 23:32

It was not recycling for the trash: it was food ... watch the documentary.

It is true that in France, waste treatment issue, there is a job, but with a pro-incinerator centralist (Paris) policy it will not be very simple ...

I am the 1st to look at the recycling center (container parks in Belgium) if we can do the recovery of stuff, but for the food, it would come to me but with the idea, having a fixed salary, to make the trash !

The worst part is that the 2 ingés in question are roommates ... who eats ... ORGANIC .... mwarf !!
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 02 / 09, 23: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 15/02/09, 23:40

If they are happy by eating products found in the trash, so much the better for them! [EDIT: I just finished watching the report: they don't collect products from the garbage cans, they go after the market to collect vegetables and fruits, it's different] As long as they don't force others (their children for example) to do the same thing as them ...

Ditto with the lady who takes her cold shower outside at -5 ° C.
If it pleases her to curdle, it's great for her. Each his own ! As long as she does not come to judge her neighbors who take a shower at a pleasant temperature thanks for example to their solar water heater.

NB - I am currently watching the report. It reminds me of the ecology church we were talking about in the "Be Positive" thread, and Lipietz's thinking about it.
Last edited by Elec the 16 / 02 / 09, 00: 03, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 23:52

Certainly but you see when I see the 1st example of the doc (I had only seen the 2 and 3 on TV), I say to myself: the guy is not a "decreasing" he is just a handyman recuperator full of COMMON SENSE. Nothing to do with the haters that are the decreasing ... But he still has a Plasma TV (he admits it himself)! : Cheesy:

You know that GOOD SENSE that our grandmothers (and grandfathers) knew but which got lost with the arrival of supermarkets ...

There is a good program on this subject "Our grand mothers knew" every Saturday morning on Radio Première Belge, but it is more oriented "plants": http://www.lavieauvert.com/granmere.htm

Look at the archives here: http://home.versateladsl.be/vt686928/premiere.htm a wealth of information!
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 15/02/09, 23:59

They are full consumers, but consumers of waste.

They occupy the place of the vulture, the woodlouse or the mushroom in this chain:

Last edited by Elec the 16 / 02 / 09, 00: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/02/09, 00:03

The "best" in the story was the guy who collected everything and didn't like brittle plastic. And gently moaned that his wife was a little wasteful.

I like this man! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/09, 00:21

Lol Remundo, until we saw his wife, I thought he was divorced ... : Mrgreen:

Did you see with what aplomb he said: "I will not buy any gifts for my children"? Instead of saying: "I will not buy any gift like these shit".

I am reassured that there are "worse" than me ... and it is the least "worst" of the 3 "decreasing" (rahhh what I don't like this expression :( )
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 01:01

In the 467 local committees [of the new "anti-capitalist" party of Besancenot], under the leadership of LCR activists, neighborhood associations, retirees of the PCF, anti-liberals of the Bové committees, former workers of Lutte Ouvrière, decreasing environmentalists and alter-globalists from Attac.
http://www.liberation.fr/politiques/010 ... ait-demain

Nathalie Kosciuscko-Morizet:

"The response of the decreasing is backward, radical and tinged with ideology."

"I do not believe in the theses of degrowth, they are counterproductive, but I think that the cleavage exists between those who seek solutions and those who take postures."

"I do not believe that we will get by with less growth, but rather with a positive economy. The markets of tomorrow will depend on green growth. And it is the nations which are mobilized, developing projects which will be the winners tomorrow. I am personally suspicious of reactionary behavior. The environment must not only constitute a limit, a constraint, but become a driver of competitiveness and dreams ... "

Daniel Cohn-Bendit (The Greens):

"If you want today to tackle a decrease in the energy of petroleum etc., you need a growth of renewable energies!"
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/02/09, 09:54

You hate croissants :?:

More seriously, "fundamentalist" degrowth is a regression. As Cohn Bendit says, the decay of fossils is desirable, replaced by a growth of RE.

Pious wishes for the short term.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"