Reduce fuel consumption to the extreme

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Reduce fuel consumption to the extreme

by bobono » 30/12/07, 11:55

Figures that surprise me.

Consumption of an 1.9 diesel engine.

Engine idling 0.016 liters per minute
Vacuum motor but 3000 tmn 0.083 liters per minute.

As I drive 100 km per hour on a flat down the engine is useless and yet I consume 0.083 see more because more important regime.

On a journey home work go (I have not made the return) of 33 km
30 mn travel time the engine was stopped 15 mn (that is to say half of the journey) Inertia, the slope of the road spanked the rest.

Result 4 liters at 100 km for a diesel 306 that usually
6 liters to 100 km.
0 x
O.Fournier
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by O.Fournier » 30/12/07, 12:05

Hi, as long as I'm here:

in general, the more we are in a hurry and / or late (= speeded), the more we consume. And it's for ALL in the haves.

Morality: the more we take the time to live without consuming (think,
to learn, to love, to contemplate, to laugh, to move, etc.) the more we respect the Planet.
0 x
We can not say it enough: think globally, act locally.
In other words, common sense near you. Simple, right?
OF
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Reduce fuel consumption to the extreme

by Chatham » 30/12/07, 14:24

bobono wrote:Figures that surprise me.

Consumption of an 1.9 diesel engine.

Engine idling 0.016 liters per minute
Vacuum motor but 3000 tmn 0.083 liters per minute.

As I drive 100 km per hour on a flat down the engine is useless and yet I consume 0.083 see more because more important regime.

On a journey home work go (I have not made the return) of 33 km
30 mn travel time the engine was stopped 15 mn (that is to say half of the journey) Inertia, the slope of the road spanked the rest.

Result 4 liters at 100 km for a diesel 306 that usually
6 liters to 100 km.

The consumption in l / min does not mean anything on a car engine, it is measured just like that for an industrial engine (machines) or aircraft ...
At 3000 tr the consumption can very well vary from 1L / 100 to 20L / 100 depending on whether one is standing up in 5 ° at 90 and steep descent, or climbing a collar in 1 ° at 20 on foot on the floor ...
On my car which has an econometer which indicates instantaneous consumption, it is also perfectly visible ... (except that off the cuff it is "0L / 100" thanks to the injection cut-off)
The old diesels did not have an "off the cuff" injection cut-off: this function only exists on electronically controlled injection diesel (and gasoline) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/07, 14:38

To reduce its consumption to the extreme is simple: just do not use his car, or better, not to have any.

It's very stupid as reasoning but it's the fairest ... no?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 30/12/07, 16:32

bobono wrote:30 mn travel time the engine was stopped 15 mn (ie half of the journey, the inertia, the slope of the road spanked the rest 4 result liters to 100 km for 306 diesel which usually 6 liters at 100 km.

Engine stopped, plus no brake and steering assistance, and steering may become blocked. Is not it dangerous? I prefer to put in neutral by letting the engine idle. It still allows the ZX TD to exceed 1000 km of battery life.
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

fuel economy

by bobono » 30/12/07, 16:38

Chatham wrote:At 3000 tr the consumption can very well vary from 1L / 100 to 20L / 100 depending on whether one is standing up in 5 ° at 90 and steep descent, or climbing a collar in 1 ° at 20 on foot on the floor ...

This is my surprise that the engine pulls or not the consumption is almost the same simply the load is decreasing the rotational speed of the engine so to keep the same speed it is necessary to increase the flow of the pump by accelerating.

With regard to the injections with mechanical pump of overpressure plus the injectors pump calculates the flow is done by calculates time or the electric injectors works.

If there is no more gas injection the engine will stop working.
may be in deceleration there is cutoff injection but not slowed down or the foot on the accelerator pedal accelerator.

I full one who 100 km to go to go bumpy if it is no longer used his car.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 30/12/07, 16:44

Christophe wrote:To reduce its consumption to the extreme is simple: just do not use his car, or better, not to have any.

you need the power !! : trade to5 km with important elevation, family 40 km, etc .. it is feasible in town, but in campaign not thinkable without complete self-sufficiency, ask the advice to André .....
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 30/12/07, 19:48

Christophe wrote:To reduce its consumption to the extreme is simple: just do not use his car, or better, not to have any.

Totally agree!!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
MM
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MM » 11/01/08, 23:26

Hello,
Personally I had a journey of 50 km per day ... and we were often 3 or 4 in the car, every day of the week.
New: I drive at 90-100 km / h on the highway, it shows immediately on consumption (at least on my car).
0 x
Carpooling by geolocation:
http://www.LaRoueVerte.com
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/01/08, 00:19

Hello everybody

Chatham wrote:At 3000 tr the consumption can very well vary from 1L / 100 to 20L / 100 depending on whether one is standing up in 5 ° at 90 and steep descent, or climbing a collar in 1 ° at 20 on foot on the floor ...

This is perfectly true, especially on all modern injection engines (say from the 1980 years with the first Bosch KE-jetronic calculators, DI motronic ...) who now have an injection mapping of this kind. .
Which sets the injection duration according to two parameters: the load (mainly based on how you press the accelerator), and the rpm (rev / min) of your engine, based on crankshaft rotational speed.

On the old engines, this kind of adjustment was more or less mechanical, or absent ... Since, full of other parameters intervene, there are even sequences of pre-injection, main injection, and post-injection, paradoxically for the depollution in the particulate filter ...

To consume as little as possible, it is necessary to have a cast driving, brake as little as possible, leave the car in 5ème in the descents to limit its engine brake (ATTENTION still not to heat the brakes, RETROGRADER if the braking is untimely. ..)

Have tires well inflated, windows closed, preferably a sedan at a station wagon. In acceleration, move the next gear as soon as the engine max torque is reached (do not push in the laps, do not make under-rev recover), because in general, any excess in any of the 2 parameters load / diet generates overconsumption.

For sure it's not sports driving : Lol:
0 x